Missing You

Missing You

 

The sky turned a dark hue of grey; it was the beginning of something horrible. He could feel this unwavering feeling settle deep inside his core. He couldn’t pinpoint exactly what this feeling was, but he didn’t like it.

“Maybe, I’m missing you,” he whispered to the wind, wiping a stray tear off his cheek. He picked up the last one out of a dozen roses and threw the deep-red flower over the sea cliff. He had one rose for every hour she was missing, he threw a rose into the sea at every hour, and it was now 8:00pm.

He finally stood up from his position and stretched his tired body. He looked to the city behind him, the lights shone brightly but it didn’t hide the underlying misery of everyone within its grasp.

The man sighed, running his hands through his platinum blonde strands of hair. He didn’t want to go back just yet; he sat back down on his rock near the edge.

The blonde felt something on his cheeks; he quickly wiped the salty water staining his face ‘when did I start crying again?’ he could only wonder to himself.

“How much longer will you cry by yourself silly?” an unknown woman’s voice broke through the silence.

He whipped his head around to the sound of the voice, his heart beating erratically, not expecting anyone to disturb him in his self-loathing, but he saw no one there. The blonde was sure he heard someone; it can’t be a figment of his imagination.

“So? When will you?” that voice rang out again. It was sort of... comforting. He wished he could put a face to that voice.

“I’m happy,” he said with sadness and grief, “please believe me.”

“But your eyes say differently,” that woman said with a tone of worry, she sounded like she was sitting to the right of him, a ghostly touch lingered on his shoulder, restraining him from crying in hysterics again with a sense of comfort washing over his body.

“It’s so obvious, why can’t you see?” that angelic voice said, “they say love is blind, oh baby, you’re so blind.”

Then she appeared.

“D-dara! What! How? Why are you here?! You’re not here! You can’t be!” the blonde man started to scream.

He finally lost it...

“Please Ji, calm down. I need you to calm down.” The gorgeous woman with medium length, dark brown hair, and with that soft smile that held so many fond memories, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders ‘I haven’t heard that nickname in years.’

“No! You don’t exist! You can’t!” his feline eyes clenched shut, shaking his head violently trying to get rid of this memory out of his head. He cracked his eyes open to question his sanity, but she was still here. Her porcelain, white skin felt like silk under his touch ‘nothing has changed, not even your clothes.’ Five long years today and she was still the beauty that he remembered.

“Come with me; let’s be together, we can be together where no one can disturb us. Don’t wait anymore.” Dara gently caressed his tear-stained cheeks, it calmed the man considerably.

He still wasn’t sure if it was reality or not. The sky was pitch black now, the storm clouds rumbled loudly, no moon was present, neither were the stars.

“How can we be together?” The males cat-like eyes bore into Dara’s brown orbs showing all the love he needed right now, and was all the conformation that she was here with him on top of this sea cliff. The sea air was causing his skin to break out in goose bumps.

“The amount of tears you’ve cried, I just want to make you happy by the same amount, baby. Don’t go through this pain alone anymore, share some with me... just hold my hand.”

She held out her hand to him, giving the blonde a reinsuring smile. He took the soft, delicate hand remembering how well they moulded together, like it was the last puzzle piece. She was here and was willing to take away some of his pain.

“What now?” The blonde asked as Dara slowly made her way over to the edge of the cliff, he looked over and saw the waves crashing, the slender man closed his eyes and inhaled the refreshing salt air, tightening his hold on his past lover’s hand.

“Promise me you’ll stay happy, and just don’t let go, Jiyoung.”

‘Maybe, just maybe, now I can be truly happy.’