Chapter 2: A Faith Unseen

Guardians of the Tree ┇Story Beginning┇

 

 

"Minra, hurry! We'll be late if we don't start walking to school now!" Minra groaned at her oddly enthuasictic best friend. Just what was this girl up too? She usually dreaded the walk to school because the ahjummas and ahjussis were murmuring about Yeonhyo's weight and Minra's height and skin color.

Minra sighed deeply as she remembered yesterday's events. Once they made it home, the small girl burst into hot, continuous tears. She babbled on and on about her life and any struggles she was faced. Yeonhyo pathetically tried to comfort the girl by promising to stick by her side no matter what they are faced with.

Yeonhyo remembered how emotionless and calm she was yesterday. She, herself, was surprised how collected she appeared. Did this mean she was immensely afraid of her future? Or did it just mean she could care less about where her life was going? She mentally wondered what she could do with her powers. Her malevolent smirk frightened those walking around her. She shruged off their suspicions.

As the girls aimlessly walked into their school yard, a boy with a plain and indifferent face stared at Minra's left ankle. It glowed slightly as the boy revealed the same symbol. He smiled slightly and sat up off of the ground. He slowly trailed behind of the girls. 'So this is Minra. She better not be childish.'

"Remember... At 6:45 pm, we will meet those boys to have a detailed conversation about everything." Minra bowed her head as she switched her cute brown ankle boots into the regulated school shoes. When she tilted up her head, she bumped her forehead on another girl's shoe locker door.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me! Oh no... I'm so carless... Unnie.... Please forgive me!" The girl was much taller than Minra. She bowed to Minra and begged for forgiveness because of her carelessness. Jung Eunna bowed rapidly. Yeonhyo smiled nonchantly as she noticed a medium sized black symbol on the girl's ankle. She was going to report her findings to the boys. 

"Please don't apologize Eunna-ssi! It was my fault. How about for lunch I treat you to some candy... Maybe lollipops?" Eunna clapped and thanked the girl in agreement. Once their shoe exchange was finished, the girls split to attend different classes. Yeonhyo had Drama class, while Minra had Art class.

 

"I wonder about those new foreign girls sometimes," Jinhee muched away on her chocolate bar. Taemin nodded shyly and let the girl continue. "I swear they're up to something! Why don't they just talk to me about it! I mean... Come on... Look at me.... I can keep a secret... Right Taemin-oppa?!" Taemin giggled and nodded his head. His cousin's bubbly disposition pleased him. He reminised at the sweet memories Jinhee, Jinki, and himself shared all throughout childhood. Taemin couldn't shake off the feeling of fright in the near future though. His mind was clouded with skeptical thoughts involving that Yeonhyo girl. He sighed blissfully and smiled out to his cousin. She returned the smile and snickered cutely.

"Well look what we have here, Taemminnie-oppa and the little dumbo Lee Jinhee. Tell me Jinhee~, just how stupid are you?" Nari's malovent and devilish smirk devoured her face as she snuggled into Taemin's lean figure and dragged on her syllables "cutely". Jinhee smiled when she noticed Nari walking up to her, but her face morphed into a frown once she listened to Nari's insult. 

"Nari-ssi... You should be nicer to those around you. You can be a complete sometimes." Nari turned her head to glared at the chubby face female. Her frigid features spooked Nari and she struggled to glare back. "You should find a better past time than bullying Jinhee-unnie." Choi Junhye's frightening face startled the young cousins severely. 

"Hi Jinny-unnie! Please inform me of when No Nari is about to do you harm." She politely bowed to her elders and took her spot next to Jinhee. "Jinny-unnie... Before I arrived I heard that you were talking about those foreign exchange students... What's wrong with them?" Jinhye slurped her milk tea. Jinhee summarized her babbling to her friend again. Jinhye nodded along calmly. "Shush.... There they go... They're so beautiful... Aish... I wanna become their friend but they might not like me!" Minra roughly shot her head in the group's direction. Instanteneously, a toothy grin adorned her small face. Within seconds, Yeonhyo and Minra were standing infront of their table.

"Hello! My name is Choi Minra. I am 19 years old. I am in all of the advanced classes. This is my best friend Lee Yeonhyo-unnie...She is also 19 but she is in the B-advance classes. May we eat lunch with you?" Shocked by the girls' interactions with them, they slowly nodded their heads. The two younger girls opened up to their sunbaes. A frustrated Eunna dropped her tray onto the table and frowned. Her upset aura sliced any and all conversations in half.

"Urgh! I just can't take Kim Jooyeon! She's so... Ugh! I can't stand her." Minra nodded to her hoobae and showcased 3 lollipops. Eunna pondered why Minra held out lollipops to her. Minra simply answered, "Eunna-ssi, did you forget about this morning? Here are your lollipops." Minra's slight smile brightened up the tiny negative vibe surrounding the table.

"Lolli lolli lollipop. Oh, lolli pop pop~!" Minra burst randomly while dancing to 2NE1&BigBang's Lollipop. Yeonhyo facepalmed and apologized for her friend's awkward and random behavior. The table was filled with laughter and enjoyment.

"Hehe. I'm usually the energy pill at this table but you guys are pretty high-energy." Eunna bearhugged her short sunbae. As they cleaned up after themselves, they waved and sperated paths. 

"It's nice to know that the foreign-exchange students are bratty and y like most of the queenkas here." Junhye, Eunna and Jinhee hugged and walked to their respected classrooms.

 

"Okay... Are we all here?" Luhan's bright smile invited the girls into the hidden music room. There were others in the room. Minra was shocked to see Jung Soorae calmly sitting down next to Luhan. Yeonhyo pouted and gave Soorae a digusted look. She dashed over to Kai's side and greeted him with a seductive kiss on the cheek. Minra sighed and calmed arrived next to Tao's side. Tao's eyes brightened up the moment her feet was in a 10 feet radius of his person. He shot up and hugged her gently. Minra smirked at his submissive behavior and patted his back. She sat down rapidly.

"Soorae-ssi... I didn't know you were one of us..." Soorae's mature smile made Yeonhyo even angrier. "How long have you known that you had powers? What are your powers? How do you know them? Do you use your powers?" Minra's wall of questions frustrated Soorae, but she couldn't show this side to the world. Soorae opened up and was beginning to answer Minra's questions but was silenced by a man from the next table over.

"Now, now Ms. Minra. Save your questions for later. Right now we have something to discuss," A calm man responded. His hair held a red tint. He smiled over to the pouting young girl and reassured her. The man continued, " I am Kim Joonmyeon, but I am called Suho. I am the overall guardian.... My power is water. He is Sehun, he's your mentor and his power is wind. He's a bit spoiled and a little childish." Sehun looked over at Minra with a mischievious smirk. He waved his delicate hand. Minra's eyes widened in shock as she saw the silver Wind symbol on his hand. It glowed brightly along with Minra's tattoo.

"Hey! Don't start without us!" Two boys, one tall with wide eyes and a short one with bold eyeliner, burst in the cafe huffing and puffing. They sat down and introduced themselves. The taller male was named Chanyeol. He was bursting with energy and had an air around him that read how he had no fears for the future. The shorter boy was named Baecon... Or was it Baekhyun? Either way, he sported a seductive amount of eyeliner and had a similar personality that matched Chanyeol's.

Minra shrunk into the corner of the booth next to a man named Minseok, who went by Xiumin. They cried about being short and being surrounded by all these tall or average height people. The rest of the group just introduced themselves and their powers. Although this small incounter would be one of many, it was still extremely imperative in building a strong relationship with them boys.

Off in the corner sat Jung Jinhee. Junhye abandoned her friend because she had to study. Jinhee knew she just wanted to spend time with her twin Choi Junhong. Jinhee took small notes in a cute Hell Kitty notebook. She drunk her favorite bubble tea slowly as she waited for the large group to pile out of the cafe. Once they left she slowly followed Minra's 'mentor' Sehun to the park....

 

 

 

A/N: Within the next 5 chapters, everyone will meet EXO~! Please comments with any compliments, ideas, etc. ... Chapter Three: Hidden Secrets should be released by the end of next week. I'm not all too sure about this chapter. I'll say something if a scence has been add or deleted.

OCs Mentioned: Lee Jinhee, Choi Junhye, Jung Eunna, Jung Soorae, Choi Minra, and Lee Yeonhyo. Check on my new fanfic I'm Too Cold~! It's my entry for this contest.

 

사랑합니다