Mistakes

Life

 

Couple of months ago

“He…” began Minsoo. The look on his face was terrible. He was about to cry. Minsoo wanted to tell everything what has happened to him to Chanhee, but words couldn’t come out of his mouth.
The two of them were in Chanhee’s room. They’ve been best friends since little boys.

“He didn’t…” said Chanhee and got up as soon as he saw Minsoo in his room.

“Yeah, he did” replied Minsoo and hugged the younger one. “You were right” he barely spoke. “He cheated on me… Well actually he cheated on his boyfriend with me” said Minsoo.

“I am so sorry hyung” said Chanhee and hugged Minsoo tightly.

“How come you’re always right Chanhee?” chuckled Minsoo and wiped away his tears. “Do you have some kind of powers to see the future?” he joked.

“No” chuckled Chanhee as well. “I just… could see what you couldn’t in him”

“Every time the same answer from you”

“And the same question from you… and the same tears” said Chanhee worriedly and hugged his friend once again.

“I will try to listen to you next time…” said Minsoo quietly.

~~

That night Minsoo spent at Chanhee’s. In the morning both of them ate breakfast and then Minsoo left. Chanhee was left alone in his room. He suddenly started to cry for his friend. He knew that Minsoo had empty promises. This will happen again. He will fall in love and get hurt at the end and then crawl back to Chanhee.
The truth is that Chanhee has been in love with his best friend for a long time now. The only thing is that Minsoo never looked at Chanhee the same as the younger one looked Minsoo.
Suddenly Chanhee was interrupted by his phone. He stopped crying and quickly wiped away his tears for Minsoo. He grabbed his phone and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Chanhee”

“Minsoo?” asked Chanhee surprised. Minsoo was breathing hard and that concerned his friend. “What happened? What’s wrong with your voice?”

“Some bastards beat me up”

“What?” yelled Chanhee. “Where are you?”

“I’m at home. Can you please come over?”

“I’ll be right there” said Chanhee and hung up the phone.

~~

“After these bruises heal I’m going to kick your ” said Chanhee angrily as he continued to take care of Minsoo.

“Wha- why?”

“Because you always get involve with the wrong people. Now look what happened to you”

“How did you know who beat me up?”

“It’s written all over your smashed face. Don’t think that you can hide It from me. I know that his boyfriend did this to you” said Chanhee.

“I’m sorry”

“You should be! Why am I even more mad than you are? Don’t you even care about yourself?” he yelled. “You always end up like this. I’m sick of it. You fall in love and then when everything is over you come back to me. Well maybe I won’t be here every time you need me in the future, coz sure as hell looks like you won’t change”

“I said I was sorry” Minso raised his voice.

“I don’t need you to tell me that. You say that every time anything gets wrong! And you always get things wrong!”

“Like you’re the one to tell me that” yelled Minsoo and stood up. “I know I had bad relationship and I know I always get my heart broken , but right now I need some support from my best friend not a stupid lecture”

“Support? I’ve always been giving you support and right now you do need this lecture. If I don’t tell you all this then you will continue getting your heart broken”

“You don’t know anything! You’re the last person I would take a relationship advice from”

“W-what?” Chanhee was surprised.

“You know what I’m talking about Chanhee. You only had one man in your life and you couldn’t even keep him, and after that what did you do? You failed at taking away your own life” yelled Minsoo.

“You have no right bringing that up” yelled Chanhee and started to cry. He looked at Minsoo and then quickly left the house.

~~

“I can’t believe he out of all people used that against me…” whispered Chanhee while crying. After that fight he ran home and locked himself in his room.
Suddenly he heard some noise coming from downstairs where his parents were. He heard screams and  then gunshots. Chanhee widened his eyes in horror and quickly started looking for his phone, but he couldn’t find it anywhere. The noises were coming closer and closer. Chanhee quickly hid himself under the bed taking a pen and a paper with him as well. Luckily the house was big and his room was far away from the living room where his parents were at. And that gave him time to write a letter to Minsoo. While he was writing the letter everything hurtful that Minsoo said disappeared. Chanhee forgave him because he knew he soon will die.

Dear Minsoo

You’re probably wondering where I went… Well right now I’m hiding under my bed and writing this letter to you. God knows where I will be tomorrow or will I be dead or not…
Two people came into my house. I was in my room at that time while my parents were downstairs. I heard some gunshots and now I’m afraid to go down there to see what happened. I’m afraid that they’ll kill me too. These people are evil, they even know my name. They’ve been calling my name and searching for me for over an hour. They had been planning to do this. I never imagined saying goodbye to you or even saying goodbye to you like this.
But you know that I will always love you. We’ve been friends for over 15 years and I was planning on spending my whole life with you, but I guess the end came sooner than I expected it to come.

Don’t be sad that I’m gone. I’ll be waiting for you in heaven, hehe.
Goodbye now Minsoo. I love you.

Your Chanhee~