Back

Life

“Byunghun” suddenly someone yelled.

As Byunghun heard that he quickly ran to the room where the main computer was. He was expecting some good news, and some good news he got. “What is it?” he asked and looked around. First he noticed that no one is here near the computer so he looked at the other room where the sleeping and drugged boys were being kept. There he saw his team mate and Jonghyun, who was awake.
Byunghun smiled at that and entered the room. “Are you okay?” he asked the boy.

“Get away from me” yelled Jonghyun. “I know what you do. You’re all sick here” he tried to get up, but couldn’t. He was in so much pain from the gun shot. Byunghun and the boy who worked for him tried to calm him down and explain some things to him.

“Jonghyun, please calm down. We’re not here to hurt you”

“Like hell you’re not” said Jonghyun.

“Just listen to me” said Byunghun. “Couple of days ago I hacked into this system so I could save my friend and you guys, of course. I’m not one of them. Everyone that worked here is gone. We took care of them”

“What?” asked Jonghyun surprised. “Is this some kind of joke? Don’t you lie to me” he got angry.

“I’m not lying. My friend Daniel is here too… maybe you met him?”

“Da…niel… Niel? Tall with big lips?”

“Yes” smiled Byunghun. “Did you meet him?”

“Yeah… “ finally Jonghyun calmed down. “he um… was worried that he might have been an invention, but I guess he was wrong” smiled Jonghyun and looked down. He suddenly widened his eyes remembering what just had happened to him. “Where’s Changhyun?”

“Changhyun is still in there… The sick person who did all this made some orders that we can’t destroy…” sighed Byunghun.

“So… what now? How did I get back?”

“Now we’ll just wait… for everyone to die and hope that no one will be badly injured or… dead”

“That’s why I came back… I was shot” said Jonghyun quietly. “Uh my back… really hurts”

“You back? I’m guessing that’s where you were shot?”

“Yes” nodded the boy.

Byunghun immediately called for a doctor to take care of Jonghyun. “I will tell you everything as soon as I find out something… I’m glad you’re alive” he smiled and left the room.

The doctor quickly finished his job and gave Jonghyun some pain killers. His condition wasn’t that bad. Only the muscles on his back were hurting him, because that’s where he was shot.
When the doctor left Jonghyun was left alone to rest. He didn’t like the room and those machines were creeping him out. Jonghyun looked around the room and noticed that he wasn’t the only one there. Two more boys were in there as well, attached to those ugly machines. The machines were attached to their backs.

“So that’s what got us those scars…” he said quietly and looked at the boys. “Chanhee? And… Minsoo? It really is them…” he sighed and tried to get up.
As soon as he did he went in the other room where the main computer was. The boy from earlier who called Byunghun was there. He noticed Jonghyun and asked him if he needed anything.

“Do you need something? Are you hungry?” the boy asked and got up because he noticed that Jonghyun was struggling with his walk.

“N-No I’m fine… I just wanted to take a little walk” he chuckled at himself because he couldn’t even walk properly at the moment.

“But you should rest”

“I can’t… in that room… it’s just… scary” he chuckled again and sat on the chair next to the computer.

“Oh… I understand. We’ll do our best in bringing your friends back” said the boy and continued his work on the computer.

“Can you see where they are now?”asked Jonghyun.

“Yeah, they’re still at the farm”

“Can you see how the soldiers got to us?”

“They found you through Chanhee. But don’t blame him. He was brought back in the game for the second time and he didn’t have a clue that he was being followed”

“Oh my god…” Jonghyun shook his head, not able to believe in all this. “Um… why don’t you include the police in this? And what did you do with the people who invented this program?”

“The police is already in all this. They took care of the people who worked here. They left the rest to us. Byunghun hyung hacked into the computer and blocked the whole building’s system, locked the doors and broke the elevators. He then let a smoke in the whole building that made everyone unconscious. He used to work here for a couple of months. He learned their codes, passwords, their system, game… everything”

“Wow… he’s really brave. He saved my life. But… why do all that?”

“Because of Daniel, of course” the boy smiled and suddenly widened his eyes. “Byunghun!” he yelled. “Daniel has been killed” he yelled and ran out in some other room.