Try Again

~ You Don't Love Me ~

 

 
 
 
 Jieun put on the table the last pair of chopsticks and with this, she finished setting out the table for dinner. She was tired as hell because of the work out and yet she had to look beautiful and cheerful. Sanghyun was bringing some important gentlemen with whom he was going to discuss new ideas, related to the future of the company. Jieun had to cook everything since the maid had left already and she refused to come back. Jieun even tried to convince her with extra money on her salary, but the woman didn't even to listen to her. Jieun was nervous - not that she didn't know how to cook, but the food she had prepared wasn't really extraordinary. At least it was delicious, even though it didn't look very good. Jieun sighed - her husband wasn't going to be very pleased.
   The young woman sat on one of the chairs around and the TV. She tried to distract herself till the men arrive. She didn't want to think anymore - it was just too much. 
   Jieun stared at the screen, showing some beautiful girls who were dancing in short dresses. They were smiling brightly to the audience and to the camera. Their life seemed easier to Jieun - at least they could feel the love of their fans. Those girls could have anyone they wanted because they were pretty. And they were going to be happy. Jieun turned off the TV - even that silly concert was making her sick of her own life. Everything around reminded her just how much her life .
   The bell rang. Jieun fixed the folds on her dress and stood up to open door. She opened the door and bowed politely at the people standing in front of the door. Jieun looked up smiling, but for her big surprise there weren't any men. Even Sanghyun wasn't there. Yoona was standing on the door-sill looking strangely at the other woman. Jieun's smile immediately disappeared from her face. She was about to close the door just before Yoona' s face, but something in her expression didn't let Jieun do that.
"Are you expecting someone?" Yoona asked.
"It's none of your business. Why are you here?" Jieun said, irritated.
  Yoona looked around.
" Can I come in? I actually want to tell you something important."
  Jieun silently moved away so the other woman could come in the apartment. She took off her heels and followed Jieun to the living room. Jieun crossed her arms on her chest, looking at Yoona who decided to sit down on the big sofa. She looked down to the floor, refusing to look at Jieun who was standing just in front of her. 
"Well.....I came to tell you that I'm sorry."
  Jieun raised an eyebrow.
"What? Now I'm sure you are crazy."
  Yoona finally managed to look into Jieun's eyes.
"No, it's not like that. It's true that I still lo..like Sanghyun. I was wrong to think I can just snatch him away from you. It's not fair - after all you're his wife. Thinking about it - he must have had his reasons to broke up with me. I'm sorry for being like this today. It was stupid and insolent. I'm apologizing to you."
 Yoona finished her talk and looked down again. Jieun was looking at her suspiciously. Something was wrong - Yoona wasn't going to give up so easily. Or at least that was what Jieun thought.
"Great. If you don't have anything more to tell me, I would kindly ask you to leave. I'm expecting important guests." Jieun coldly said.
  Yoona nodded and raised up from the sofa. She walked across the room, going to the front door when she turned back once again.
"Also....don't let Sanghyun treat you bad. I let him do that. He got bored and left me. Don't ruin your life like this. " She said.
   Jieun looked at her confused. Maybe she wasn't up for something.
"What...what do you mean?" She asked.
   Yoona smiled sadly.
"Sanghyun...he's just like this. He will always hurt the ones that care deep for him. He's doing this because he's not happy either. But when he does it, he doesn't become happier - hurting others just hurts him more. It's a never-ending circle. I believed I could give him everything he wanted, but I realized I can't. I'm not the one meant for him - Sanghyun doesn't believe in me anymore. But I still want him to be happy - so...I want to help you."
   Jieun didn't know what to say. Yoona's intentions seemed far different that what Jieun thought they were. She felt a little pity - Sanghyun didn't love neither of them. Jieun at least had the chance to be with him while Yoona....he had rejected her. Jieun haven't realized how bad would this be. She couldn't even imagine how her life would be now if Sanghyun wasn't with her. He was bad....but she loved him. Jieun understood Yoona's feelings - maybe she would do the same, if only Sanghyun would be happy with it.
"I'm sorry too, Yoona. Maybe I've misunderstood you. I really don't want to fight with you either."
   Yoona smiled warmly and approached the other woman. She oustretched her hand and held Jieun's one.
"I really want to be friends with you, Jieun-ah! I will help you with everything I can!"
   Jieun smiled too. Maybe things were finally going to be better.
"Now I have to go. I will soon call you. Please take care of yourself!" Yoona said. She gave Jieun a warm hug before she disappeared in the dim corridor of the building. Jieun closed the door. She felt good - for the first time for a year, she really felt good. Something brought her back the hope. Was it really possible that Sanghyun would love her? That he would finally be her husband for real. 
   Soon the bell rang again - finally the men had arriver. Jieun bowed again and she smiled warmly as they left their coats in her hands. The group consisted of Sanghyun, Mr. Yang, Nichkhun, Cheolyong and two unknown gentlemen. They introduced theirselves as Lee Changsun and Jung Byunghee. They were both young and good-looking. They looked more like models or singers than businessmen. Changsun appeared to be slightly excited, like it was his first meeting ever while the other guy looked really classy and calm. 
"Is everything ready?" Sanghyun asked while he barely touched Jieun's waist. He was smiling.
"Sure! Everyone, please follow me!" Jieun said while leading the guys to their seats.
"Our Jieun is an excellent cook! You're going to be astonished by her meals!" Nichkhun praised.
"I'm sure of that, it smells lovely!" Byunghee added.
"I wish my fiancee could cook so well.." Nichkhun jokingly said.
  The men started laughing while they were taking their seats around the table. Jieun hung up all the clothes in her arms on the nearby coat-stand. Then she sat on the chair next to Nichkhun since it was the only empty one. The men started eating their portions of food. Sanghyun looked extremely worried because of the appeareance of the meals, but as soon as all the others started praising Jieun and her cooking skills, he got relieved. He actually looked please at the result. Jieun saw a smile going on his face - it was for just a second, but he did looked happy. 
  Cheolyong, who was sitting just across the table, was staring at Jieun tensely. She appeared to be really cheerful. Of course she always was, but since Cheolyong learned about the whole story he could easily tell when she was pretending. Right now she wasn't. She looked sincerely happy. What has happened? The male thought that something's not okay. Maybe it was just his imagination - he had taken his role of a saviour too far. It was possible that Jieun didnt't even need him. He sure wanted her to be happy, but it somehow made him sad at the same time. 
"Cheolyong-ah, would you please give me the photos? I would like to show them to you, gentlemen." Sanghyun woke him up from his thoughts.
"Sure, hyung. Just a second." 
    Cheolyong reached for his bag, left on the floor next to him. He took out from it a few photos and passed them to Byunghee. Changsun peeked over his shoulder.
"But isn't that her?" He blurted, staring at Jieun.
Byunghee poked him in the ribs and smiled.
“Mrs, those photos are lovely! You seem to be a great model. To be honest, Mr. Park, I was worried about your choice of models for your advertisements. They all seem to lack emotion and that doesn’t convince people in buying anything.” He confessed.
   Sanghyun was just nodding, he was confused himself. It was actually the first time when Cheolyong showed the photos to him. Sanghyun gaze at his wife – she seemed calm; she didn’t even look at him. Usually she would always search for his eyes, to see the approval in them. This time it was different.
   Cheolyong was looking at everyone, very pleased at the amazement of the other men. They were astonished by his masterpieces. 
“Thanks to Mr. Bang and your beautiful wife, we are very happy to say that we are actually going to sign with you. Just before our meeting Changsun and I were planning to cancel everything, just because we haven’t seen the photos for the campaign. We’re more than pleased – you have gained our trust.” Byunghee stated.
   Cheolyong secretly winked to Jieun while the rest were distracted with something else. Jieun gave him a bright smile in return. She felt good – for the first time she wasn’t completely useless. 
 
*****
 
  Yoona parked the motorcycle and got off it. She removed the helmet and shook her head – fixing her messy hair this way. She leaned on the vehicle, waiting. Soon a black, shiny car appeared. Her owner parked nearby and slowly got out. He saw Yoona and approached her with a smirk on his face. She just stared at him coldly in return.
“Well hello there! Is everything going alright?”
“Just perfect. Why did you call me, doctor?” 
The man looked around nervously.
“I just wanted to make sure. My poor Jieun…I really don’t want her to suffer.”
Yoona rolled her eyes.
“You’re such a mush. Get a hold of yourself! If you want the things to work for us, you have to be stubborn. Or else…”
“I know, I know….Well they both are going to listen to you, right?”
“Of course.”
“Okay, Yoona. I’m counting on you. Another disappointment would be hard to bear for me.”
“Don’t worry, doctor. It’s just a matter of time for us to get what we want.”
  The man nodded. He turned around and walked fast back to his car.
“Wooyoung-ah!”
  He opened the car door, looking at Yoona.
“Expect a patient soon!” She said grinning widely.
 
 
 
 
* Did you like the chapter, guys?? If someone's wondering - Byunghee is G.O and Changsun is Lee Joon from MBLAQ. Oh and also...Wooyoung is the Wooyoung from 2PM! Actually I didn't plan to include so many characters, but ideas keep coming into my mind and I need new people in the story. I hope you don't mind this, it's for the sake of making it more interesting and dramatic. :D
See ya soon, everyone! ^^ *