Chapter 25

Wish Me Luck!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol felt strange. He didn’t understand why he was on something comfortable, soft even. He just knew that he didn’t want to leave this place ever again. The last thing that he remembered was seeing the black goo’s face up close. That scared the living hell out of him and he worried that if he were to open his eyes again, he was going to see that exact image. But something told him that it was all right now – he didn’t know what or who but he just felt it and so, he willed his eyes open ever so slowly.

“...” His eyes fluttered open and he realized that he was looking straight up at his ceiling. It was evident that he was in his room, how he got here, he didn’t know. He looked aside and realized next that he was all alone and that got him worried. He rose up, consciousness sinking in as he rubbed his eyes awake. “... Kris?”

No response. At first he thought that this was another prank by the angel but then he knew that the elder wasn’t so shallow to pull such a thing after everything that has happened. He pulled his legs off the bed, sitting at the edge and saw that the gash on his arm was gone, in fact, he didn’t have any more injuries anywhere on his body – not even a scar was there.

How...? Kris lost his powers... Unless... Chanyeol frowned to himself, thinking that Kris must’ve returned to heaven and in a sense returned to being an angel again. Had the black goo from earlier somehow been defeated? He was unconscious for majority of the time so it was the most likely solution. He rubbed his arm unconsciously, feeling somewhat lonely. Where had the angel gone to? How long had he been unconscious, he wondered?

He got off the bed, his clothes a total mess. After taking the time to change his clothes, he decided to take a risk and look for the angel, though he was pretty sure that he was really gone by now.

“... And he didn’t even bother to say good bye...” Chanyeol mumbled under his breath as he got out of his apartment. It felt weird stepping out with no one around his shoulder. He looked around and everything seemed to be completely normal – everyone was minding their own business, the sun was shining and not a single bad thing has happened.

He walked aimlessly, recounting all that has happened so far in his head in the hopes of finding a solution as to where Kris went or what has happened to him. He passed by several key points in their whole adventure – from the vet clinic, to the crossroads where he got in a road accident, to the alleyway where he first encountered the dangerous black goo that took Kris’s shape.

“That Kris... leaving me like this...” Chanyeol muttered to himself, pocketing his hands as he ended up in the park. He looked around, still no sign of the angel. He sighed, feeling nothing but loneliness in his heart. He was like this since the start but ever since Kris came into his life, this kind of loneliness hurt twice as much.

“... I thought he wouldn’t leave me...” Chanyeol found his way to a bench, sitting down on it. “Would any sane person leave after promising such a thing?” Now he was ranting to himself and he felt ridiculous.

He looked up at the sky, wondering if Kris really was there and if he was looking back at him too. At this point, Chanyeol was probably much like everyone else, luck-wise. That meant that Kris no longer was assigned to be his guardian angel and that meant that Chanyeol wouldn’t see him anymore.

No… Chanyeol bit his bottom lip, the stinging in his heart hurt. He looked away from the sky and back at the ground where any earthly mortal such as himself deserved to be. I won’t be able to see him anymore…

Wet dots suddenly formed on the ground and Chanyeol realized that it was from him. His tears were falling from his eyes and he couldn’t stop them. He choked on a cry as he tried to talk himself out of this pathetic state but failed. His hands found his way to his face as he covered it, trying to stop the tears from staining the ground any further.

These past few days, he hasn’t been able to see him but now that it’s really happened – now that Kris was totally gone – it’s too painful for him to even bear.

“…Kh…” Chanyeol pressed his hands harder on his face, hoping to stop the uncontrollable tears. “I wish I hadn’t met him… then I wouldn’t have to feel this way…”

In the end… Chanyeol thought. In the end, that promise meant nothing to you.

“Don’t say that, Chanyeol.” A soft, soothing voice echoed gently in the breeze, knocking Chanyeol off his thoughts. He pulled his hands away and looked around. He sensed something behind him and looked back, noticing a single leave from a tree snap off, only to be engulfed in flames on its own. His eyes widened and again, the gentle voice spoke, “Don’t cry.”

Chanyeol pressed his lips tighter, looking up at the tree. “What would you know? You don’t know what happened--”

“But I do…”

“Leave me alone,”

“Don’t be like that, Chanyeol.”

“Just leave me alone,” Chanyeol glared hard at the ground again, “I’m used to it. People have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter