Preface

60 Seconds

                 To you or to myself…I present this letter to whoever may live on holding on to our memories. I may forever forget that I ever wrote this letter, or perhaps this letter might even disappear, but this is something that I have owed you in obligation since the day we first met. When the bracelet first came into my possession, I wanted to know the purpose of it. I wanted to know what its cause and effects would be. At first, I thought that accomplishing everything I worked for and regaining my lost dream was the effect. Soon after, I thought that its effect…was to bring us together. Then I thought that living in the new world was the effect. However it is only now that I realized exactly what the end result is. In saving my life, the result would be to lose everything. To lose my future, my identity, my values, my people…and even you. To gain life, one must pay a price and lose something in exchange. It was foolish on my part to think that I could still have even one of those things. How much more do I have to lose in order to finish paying the price? The final price I must pay…is losing our memories. Our memories…our precious, beautiful memories. Will we live on, never being able to remember each other? Or will we forever be tormented, unable to forget? In an aimless life…to not have those memories would be hell. You are my hope, you are my future, you are my life. You…are my everything. If I am able to have one last wish…it is to remember you forever. And as for you…if you should ever come across this letter and read it far into the future…I pray that you never realize whom it was meant for.