See You In The Next Life

Before The Last Beat Of My Heart

 

 
 
Life is unpredictable. Sometimes things happened as what we expected, but sometimes it's totally opposite from what we expected. No matter it was good or bad. 
 
 
 
 
Even sometimes things happened in a strength way. But we have to believe that God must have His own reason behind all this. Unpredictable, unexpected, undeniable, unbelievable. That's life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Tiff, where are you going?" I saw Tiffany out from her room, dressed casually and ready to out
 
 
 
 
"i'm going to hang out with Yoona.." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well, Tiffany is my best friend. We lived together under one roof. She's beautiful, cute, cheerful, sometimes being clumsy, and lovable. I love her, not as a friend but more than that. But she never know about it. She has a girlfriend, named Yoona. And i guess, she's happy with her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"but didn't you go out with her yesterday? Isn't that enough? You spent your time with her the whole day.."
 
 
 
"today is our anniversary, we should celebrate it.." she said simply
 
 
 
"but i think, we can spend our time together.." 
 
 
 
"oh c'mon, we can have another day.."  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That's my weakness, i'll never ever win from her in anything. Usually, i would give in, sighed in defeat, nodded my head, and let her did anything what she wanted. She's the love of my life, and i know that no matter how hard i try, i'll never able to reach her. Sounds pathetic, but it's the fact. I'm pathetic.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"but i want to spend a day with you.." 
 
 
 
"i don't want to deal with you now, Jessie. I need to go now, Yoona is waiting.." she walked to the front door
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For today, i won't give in. Just for today, i won't let her go with anyone else but me. Seems like i'm selfish, but i have to do it. Only for a day, and i promise i won't ask her to do anything anymore.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"please......Tiff.." i rushed towards her and grabbed her hand before she reached the door knob
 
 
 
 
 
"stop being so stubborn, Jessica!!! I don't have a time to hear you whining!!! I have to go, because i'm already late for my date!!!!" she shouted at me, exited our apartment leaving me shock in her action as she slammed the door in front of me
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And without i realized it, my tears fall uncontrollably from my eyes. I dropped on my knees with my hands supported my weight. Even in my last time, i still couldn't reach her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"i just want to spend the very last time of my life with you, Tiffany.."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*FLASHBACK*
 
 
 
 
"hello, Jessica.."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"who are you?" i asked to a man who suddenly appeared in my office
 
 
"if i tell you who i am, will you believe it?" he stepped closer
 
 
"what are you talking about?" i raised my brow
 
 
"listen, i don't have much time, my identity isn't important for now. I come to you because i want to tell you something, not all of people could be told this kind of things, just some choosen people.."
 
 
"what do you mean?" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"your life will be ended tomorrow.."
 
 
"what?"
 
 
 
 
 
"listen to me carefully, Jessica Jung. You're faithful, hard-worker, humble, kind-hearted even though sometimes you were cold, that's why you're one of the choosen people.." the man said in serious tone
 
 
"I'm here to tell you that tomorrow will be your last day to live in this world. So, you better prepare yourself for that.." he added
 
 
 
 
"wait, why do i have to believe you?" i asked confusedly
 
 
"you don't have much time, Jessica. You better believe me or you'll regret later.." with that, the man walked away leaving me dumbfounded, i tried to chased him but i was too late
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"hello?" i called my friend who worked as a lawyer
 
 
"ah, Seohyun... it's me, Jessica.."
 
 
 
"unnie? What's up?"
 
 
 
"can we meet? i need to talk.."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I went to a cafe to meet Seohyun, we talked for about 2 hours. I asked her to help me to settle all of my assets, my money in the bank, my insurance from my office, and a mansion that have been bought by me not long ago. Yes, i've bought a mansion, i saved half of my salary to buy it. And actually, i planned to tell Tiffany about this in her birthday, and live there with her in the future. But i think, i can't have a future with her.
 
 
 
Seohyun confused with my sudden request, but then she agreed to help me. I was so glad to have a friend like her. Then, i signed a paper that she gave to me before she took it back and save it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then i proceeded to go to where Tiffany at. Time is running, and maybe what the man said earlier was true. Maybe i'll die in short time. And i don't want to regret anything later. I want to tell her that i love her so much before the last beat of my heart.
 
 
 
 
 
There, i saw her with Yoona in the park near our apartment. I ran towards them, and called Tiffany in the process. Both of them turned around when they heard my voice calling for Tiffany. Tiffany looked at me in confusion, but i didn't want to think much. I hugged her immadiately. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Jessie?" 
 
 
 
 
"please let me hold you like this for a moment, pleaseee.." i pulled her closer
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She didn't move for few seconds, but then she hugged me back. I tighten my hug, sniffing her sweet scent with my eyes remained shut. I broke the hug, then cupped her face and stared deeply into her eyes. I closed my eyes again, and kissed her forhead gently.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"i love you so much, Tiffany. I wish you happiness always.." i smiled, and proceeded to walk away from her
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I walked and walked aimlessly, with tears fell freely from my eyes. I shed it few times, but it still couldn't stop. All of the memory i had with her suddenly came into my mind, recalled back everything we had done together. I love her, really love her. I didn't want to die yet, i want to be with her. 
 
 
 
 
 
It didn't matter if i couldn't have her heart, or be her fake girlfriend like in the past just to make her ex jealous. I didn't care if i have to joined her date with her girlfriend even though she would ignore me and only focused to her girlfriend. I would accompany her to the store to bought a gift for her girlfriend, and listened to her stories everynight about her girlfriend. I would do it all, i didn't care if it hurts.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"HEY WATCH OUT!!!!" i heard someone shouted from afar, but before i could do anything i heard a loud horn then everything turned black
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
I was clueless with Jessie's action earlier. What's wrong with her? I should ask her later in apartment. Fortunately, Yoona didn't get mad for it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"hello? Jessie?" my phone suddenly ringing and i answered it
 
 
 
 
"Miss, i just want to tell you that the owner of this phone just had a car accident. And ambulance carried her to Seoul Hospital.." my mind was blank, my phone fell from my hand
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I quickly took a cab to go to the hospital, leaving Yoona dumbfounded with my sudden act. Not long enough, i reached the place. I saw doctor exited the emergency room, and i asked him about Jessie's condition. He shook his head and told me that he couldn't save her. I broke down, tears rolled down my cheeks uncontrollably.
 
 
 
 
 
I managed to got up and walked towards my best friend on the hospital bed. I took her hand and caressed her pale cheek with my trembling hand. This is not real, right? Please someone wake me up. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Jessie.....it's me, Tiffany.....please open your eyes, Jessie....don't leave me please.." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I felt a tap on my shoulder and i turned around. Seohyun happened to be standing behind me. I hugged her immadiately, and she cried along with me. We cried, till we knew that this is real. My Jessie is no longer here. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Seohyun then told me about Jessie's sudden request to her. And she gave me a letter from Jessie. I shook my head in disbelief. Did Jessie know that she would die this soon? That's why she asked me to stay with her this morning. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My dearest, Tiffany..
 
 
 
 
 
Tiff, when you read this i must've gone already, right? Don't cry, because i'm not really go, i'm still here in your heart. My heart is belong to you always.
 
 
 
 
 
I'm sorry for leaving you, and not telling you that i'll leave you this soon. Sorry for whining at you this morning, sorry for causing you late for your date. I know that it's important for you. I'm sorry, really sorry. I just want to spend my last time with you, Tiff.
 
 
 
 
 
I love you, Tiffany. I love you so much. I never look at another girl or guy since i met you and we became friends. I honestly envy the one you love, the one whom you belong to. But I’ve thought much to realize how envious the one you love could get if only she had known that I am the one who can love you best. 
 
 
I know i could never reach you, you would never see me the way i did. But it's okay, i won't force you. Please be happy, Tiffany. I want you to be happy.
 
 
 
 
 

Promise me, that you'll live happily with the person you love the most. Promise me you won't stop smiling. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love you, Tiffany. 
 
 
 
 
I love you till the last beat of my heart.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Goodbye, 
 
 
 
 
 
-Your Jessie. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"i love you too, Jessie. I love you to!!!" i shouted 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm sorry for not realizing about your feeling towards me. I was a fool, i was so stupid. I promise i'll be happy even though i'm not sure if i can do this without you. I'm not sure i can live without you. You're the one who always encourage me to face this cruel world. But, i'll try, if it what you want. Then, i'll do it. But you have to promise me too, you'll be happy there with your new life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"i love you so much, Jessica. See you in the next life, please wait for me.."