Prologue

Yours and Mine, Our Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I remember the day when I couldn’t take it anymore.

 

You were my best friend; you were my partner in crime, and the reason I began to like waking up in the morning.

 

I liked waking up in morning to see your face. Sometimes you were sleeping. Sometimes you were looking at me and smiling.

 

I loved your smile.

 

 

And I hated it when you couldn’t smile. I hated the time when no one could help you. When you had to dance, to do something you loved and you couldn’t show your face. You couldn’t show the world that this was you and this was something you loved doing. You could always help me but I couldn’t help you.

 

Until the day I found out I loved you

 

That our friendship was stronger than the regular boundaries

 

 

I wanted them to see what I saw

 

To see your face when you were doing something you enjoyed.

 

Like when you made your special fried rice.

 

Or when you could do that one dance move that even Donghae or Eunhyuk couldn’t do.

 

Or especially when you were singing me to sleep. I love that look in your eye

 

 

It gave me butterflies.

 

I always thought it was because your voice was so pretty.

 

 

But then I realized it was much more than that. That it wasn’t your voice. It was you. You were amazing.

 

I never regretted taking your mask off. You needed it off. You needed to show the world you. And I wanted to be the one to do it.

 

 

Yes I knew the risks. But please. It’s me, Kim Heechul. This diva gets what he wants.

 

And this was what I wanted. I wanted you to be you for all to see.

 

 

I also wanted you to be mine.

 

 

 

Everyone knew you were mine. It was obvious. You were mine and I was yours. We were all ways in a world of our own. The ELFs knew it. All the band members knew it.

 

You and I knew it.

 

I always remember the time where you said you loved me on Intimate Note. I remember the feeling I got in my stomach whenever you sang along to my song and sang those three words:

 

“Saranghaeyo Kim Heechul”

 

 

I loved those words out off yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter