Chapter Two

Never Seen Nothing Like You

I’ve hurt him a lot. I’ve been such a bastard to hurt him that bad. He looked like he was going to cry, but he held it, I knew it.

It’s not like I don’t like him. I like him, a lot. No, it’s even more than just ‘like’. I just… I don’t know. Is it because I still love Kyungsoo?

I did remember about Kyungsoo when Baekhyun confessed to me. That’s why I couldn’t even answer him. Because of Kyungsoo.

But, no. No, it’s not because of Kyungsoo.

Or is it…? Do I still love Kyungsoo? Do I want to be with him? Or I want to be with Baekhyun?

God, how I hate this mixed feelings.

Chanyeol sighed as he walked along the street. Remembering about Baekhyun’s confession last night made him feel so bad. His chest felt so heavy.

No, it wasn’t because of Baekhyun said he loved him. It was because he didn’t even dare to give Baekhyun an answer.

Another sigh slipped from Chanyeol’s lips. He kept walking he didn’t even know where to go. He just followed wherever his feet brought him. And soon he found he was arrived at that place.

The lake.

It was the place where he confessed to Kyungsoo. It was the place they used to visit everytime they felt bored, or sad, or anything. It was the place Chanyeol stole Kyungsoo’s first kiss.

And it was the place where Kyungsoo broke their relationship. How ironic.

How ironic, that now he’s here. My Kyungsoo.

“Chanyeol?”

Those round-shaped eyes. Those smile. This man. Do I miss him a lot?

“What are you doing here, Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo chuckled looking at the confused Chanyeol. “I miss you.”

This is a joke.

“Miss me?”

“Mmm.” Kyungsoo nodded. He walked closer to place his arms around Chanyeol’s waist. “I’m so sorry for breaking our relationship last month. I just… I thought I can live without you. But I realized I was wrong. I need you.”

Chanyeol blinked his sparkling eyes.

“I… I don’t get it, Kyungsoo. Just… what are you going to say?” said Chanyeol. He pushed Kyungsoo away gently to see his cute face.

“I want to be with you again… I want to come back to you,”

This is really a joke, isn’t it?

“… why?”

“Because I love you, isn’t it obvious?”

“… you’re joking. Don’t play with someone’s heart, Kyungsoo.”

“I’m not joking, Channie, Baby.”

No, he’s not joking…

Hesitantly, Chanyeol lifted his hand to caress Kyungsoo’s cheek. This flawless skin I used to touch. It’s all coming back to me now.

But do I want him to come back to me?

“Kyungsoo…”

Beep!

The beep on Chanyeol’s phone interrupted them.

“Just… wait a sec.”

Chanyeol stepped back to check his phone. There was one new message.

Baekhyun.

 

I’ll leave by train today at 3 PM. I won’t force you to answer my confession… I just want you to know that I love you, I will always do. And I’m so happy to meet you. Thanks for everything, I’ll treasure the time we had back before.

 

Chanyeol could feel his heart ached. And reading the last line of words made him feel more uncomfortable.

 

Goodbye, Chanyeol.

 

“Baekhyun…”

“Chanyeol?”

Kyungsoo’s voice pushed Chanyeol back into reality. He turned his head. “Yes?”

“Can you keep your phone and walk with me?”

“… uhh… sure…”

Chanyeol smiled awkwardly as Kyungsoo held his hand tightly.

What should I do now…?

 

***

 

Baekhyun laid on the hotel bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. He’d just sent a short message to Chanyeol and it made his heart raced.

Even just sending a short message can make my heart beat faster… he thought.

He decided it, that he would forget his feelings to Chanyeol. That was why he decided to go home by tomorrow. He would go back to his usual life. How Baekhyun missed his peacefully life back before. No love interrupting.

Baekhyun then turned his gaze to the phone on the desk beside the bed, hoping Chanyeol would reply his message.

But, no. there was no reply from Chanyeol.

Baekhyun shook his head slightly before getting up. It was 11 AM. He had to pack his stuff and went to the station. He wanted to leave this town, as soon as possible. He wanted to forget about Chanyeol, about his first failed love, and got back to his routine.

Baekhyun sighed heavily.

He just doesn’t love me. Forget him, Baekhyun.

 

***

 

3 hours before Baekhyun’s departure, at the café.

Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo in front of him. They were on the café they used to visit. It’s been awhile and the barista smiled when they arrived.

“Hello, you two. It’s nice to see you come together again.” The barista said.

“It’s been awhile, eh? I really missed this place.” Kyungsoo smiled softly at him. “And I missed your vanilla latte too. Can you make one for me?” he added.

“Surely. And caramel macchiato for your boyfriend as usual?” The barista said and winked at Chanyeol. The taller man could do just smiled slightly.

“I can say so,” Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol and gave him a smile.

“One vanilla latte and caramel macchiato then. Just take seats, I’ll bring your order to your table,”

“Come on, Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo said and pulled Chanyeol towards the table beside the café window. Chanyeol followed him with half-heartedly.

Don’t I need to go to see Baekhyun?

 

***

 

3 hours before Baekhyun’s departure, at Baekhyun’s hotel room.

Baekhyun packed all of his stuff already. He then walked outside his room and went to the lobby to check out. He wanted to wander around this town before going to the station and heading back home.

No more broken hearted. I’ll just keep moving on.

Baekhyun walked his feet outside the building, thinking for the right place he could come to spend his 3 more hours.

Maybe I’ll just wander around this area, or… no, I’ll be going to the station, taking some photos there.

Baekhyun took a deep breath before going away from the hotel entrance.

 

***

 

2 hours before Baekhyun’s departure, at the book store.

Kyungsoo looked so serious choosing two thick books on his hands. He really loved to reading, and if Chanyeol still had any feelings for him, this was the time he loved the most, looking at Kyungsoo’ face. Chanyeol used to like it when Kyungsoo seemed confused to choose. He used to love how his ex winced confusedly.

But now there were no more feelings like that.

“I can’t really choose…” Kyungsoo muttered and walked towards Chanyeol, showing the two books on his hands. “Which one do you think?”

Chanyeol pointed his finger without thinking. He didn’t care about it, though. He was too confused to decide what to do.

Should I go now, or stay?

“You have a good choice, Chanyeol. I’ll buy this one,”

Do I look like I care about it?

 

***

 

2 hours before Baekhyun’s departure, at the station.

Baekhyun walked around the area nearby the station, pointing his camera to objects that interested him. Even so, his thought wasn’t on his head anymore.

All he could even think was just Chanyeol.

He wondered if Chanyeol would come to see him for the very last time. He wondered if Chanyeol would prevent him to go home. He wondered if Chanyeol would ask him to stay.

But soon, Baekhyun shook his head, throwing all the thought about it.

“Just forget him, Baekhyun…”

 

***

 

An hour before Baekhyun’s departure, at Kyungsoo’s apartment.

“It’s gonna rain, soon,” Kyungsoo said as he opened the window curtain on his living room.

Chanyeol stood beside him, looking at the grey sky outside. “It seems so,” he said. Rain, rain in my heart.

“It’s kinda cold now. Do you want to get some hot drink?”

“Of course.”

“Wait here, I’ll make you some coffee.”

“Yeah.”

Chanyeol stuck his forehead on the cold window, looking blankly outside.

There’s still more time to go to the station… Chanyeol thought. But how about Kyungsoo? How could I explain to him that I already fall to someone else now? It will hurt his heart so bad…

Chanyeol sighed heavily.

 

***

 

“Yes, Mom? Yeah, it’s about half an hour before the train departs. Yes, I’ll call you once I arrive. Yeah, don’t worry, Mom, I’ll be fine.”

Baekhyun ended the call. He now was sitting on the bench on the station, waiting for his train.

It was really hard to leave without hoping Chanyeol would come. Baekhyun couldn’t lie to himself that he wanted Chanyeol to come so bad. He wanted to see him, he wanted to hug him, he wanted to be with him.

And a line of tears rolled down his cheeks.

Baekhyun couldn’t hold it anymore. He covered his face with his hands, crying without caring that people would see him.

No, he couldn’t hold it no more.

 

***

 

“You seem so uneasy, Chanyeol. What’s wrong?”

It’s half an hour before someone that makes me fall leave, how could I be so easy, you think?

Chanyeol already decided. He had to tell Kyungsoo or else he would lose Baekhyun forever.

“I can’t be with you anymore, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened hearing at the statement. “Excuse me?”

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol got up hurriedly. “I fall in love with someone else.”

“W-What?”

“I have to go, Kyungsoo.”

“Chanyeol, wait!”

But Chanyeol couldn’t wait anymore. He rushed to the station, running his long feet as fast as he could.

Stupid me. Stupid Chanyeol. Look what you’ve done. You might lose your beloved one.

Chanyeol ran even faster thinking about that he might lose Baekhyun. No. He could’nt lose Baekhyun.

The rain started falling just now, but Chanyeol didn’t care. He kept running and running, nothing could stop him to meet Baekhyun. He didn’t care people looked at him with a puzzled look. All he cared was just he had to meet Baekhyun and told him that he loved him so much he didn’t want him to go.

It was 10 minutes before Baekhyun’s departure when Chanyeol finally arrived at the station, soaking wet. He looked around to find the slender body that he really wanted to see, but he couldn’t find it.

“Where are you, where are you, just where the hell are you?!” he said in depression. He took out his phone and called Baekhyun, but he had no any respond.

Chanyeol rushed around the station, looking around in frustration before finally he saw what he searching for.

Baekhyun. He was already inside the train, sitting while looking blankly outside.

Chanyeol didn’t want to waste his time. He ran towards the train, jumping inside and walked quickly to Baekhyun’s seat. Panting, he pulled Baekhyun’s hand. “Get out of this ing train.” he hissed.

Looking at the soaking wet Chanyeol in front of him, Baekhyun couldn’t say anything. He didn’t even try to get away from Chanyeol. He was to speechless at Chanyeol sudden arrival.

Outside the train, Baekhyun finally opened his mouth and said, “What are you doing here, Chanyeol…?”

“I love you!”

Baekhyun’s face reddened in no time hearing what Chanyeol had said. “W-What…?”

“I love you! I know you must hate me for what I did to you, but I love you and I don’t want to lose you. I want to be with you. I’ll make you stay here with me no matter what.”

“Chan—“

“Please, give me another chance to make you happy. I can’t live without you...”

“I—“

“I love you so much I can’t lose you… it’s okay if you hate me, I know I’m such a bastard that ma—“

Chanyeol stopped blurting as Baekhyun pulled him into the deep kiss. It’s been a while until the shorter finally broke the kiss. “Just… listen to me.” he whispered. “I love you… I already said it, didn’t I…? I love you, really love you no matter what,”

Chanyeol blushed hearing at that. “Baekhyun…”

Baekhyun took a deep breath before continuing, “I… have been going to many places… I’ve seeing all of the beautiful things, beautiful places… but I’ve never seen nothing like you.” he paused a bit, “You’re the most… beautiful person… the one I want to be with…”

Chanyeol didn’t let Baekhyun to speak anymore. He brushed his lips softly on Baekhyun’s before pulling him into his tight, warm embrace. And Baekhyun couldn’t help but blush even more.

“Chanyeol, people are looking at us…”

“Who cares, Baekhyun. Who cares.”