The Notes

Magical Eunya Village

 

 

- Second Master, I'm going up the mountain today to find the snow herb. I think it's the time.

- Jin Mo, we really thank you for doing this.

- Second Master, this is not a big deal at all.

- Alright, I have something to ask you.

- Please keep saying.

- Today, can you take along that old man with you?

- Useu? Why him?

- You don't have to know details. You took him out of this Mansion and keep him staying outside as long as possible.

- Yes, I understood. I should go now before it's dark.

- Alright. Go. Ah, tell Il Woo to come here. I have something to talk to him.

- Yes, master.

Bae Seung Yoo was left in silence. On the way to the Kim Mansion, Il Woo treated him politely and kept a certain distance. Sometimes, Seung Yoo really wanted to have a close conversation with him, but Il Woo still kept his cold face. Perhaps, the truth was a tremendous lash to him so it's not easy to accept it. At least, Il Woo took him along in this trip. It's obviously a great progress.

- You want to see me?

Il Woo voice sounded from the door. Seung Yoo looked up:

- Yes, come in.

- What's up? - Il Woo still stood at the door, impatiently asked.

- You can not sit and talk with me for a moment? Before ....

- It's in the past, not now. Do not repeat the old story again - Il Woo interrupted but he finally approached and sat down at the table - come to the point, I do not have much time.

Suddenly a cough rushed up and Il Woo put his hand on his chest to hold it on. His face was red. Seung Yoo hastily stood up to put more woods to the fireplace and looked at him with full of worry:

- Did you take medicine today?

- I did. Say quickly.

- Alright - Seung Yoo sighed softly - do you know that So Eun now continues to investigate the death of Yoon family?

- So what? You had killed them, you have to take responsibility. It's nothing to do with me.

- So Eun knew that I'm your father, right?

- So? I never thought of you as my father - Il Woo stood up, coldly said - if there's nothing else, I go.

- But do you know who her Master was?

- It's her Master, isn't it?

- Ani, she is Mrs. Yoon and the mother of So Eun.

Il Woo turned back, stared at Seung Yoo. He nodded to confirm and then took out a roll of paper from his sleeve.

- Read it.

"So Eun ah,

When you read these lines, it means that you have found out the truth behind the fire that killed our family. Since I left Eunya Village with the little baby you, I always think of revenge for your father and our people. Right, you're Yoon So Eun, daughter of Yoon Kang Woo and I am your mother, my girl.

So Eun, I'm so sorry that I did not call you my daughter. Maybe you will hate me. But I fear that if you know in advance, hatred will obscure your reason and you can make mistakes.

Remember your father death. Remember those days of hardship that I had to endure in raising you.

Eunya Village is a powerful place. Be careful.

Yoon."

- This is ...

- This is from the woman so-called So Eun Master. Your mother was right, it is clear that she looked like Mrs. Yoon. At first we thought maybe So Eun was a distant cousin of the Yoon family, but it's not true. I wonder what strength she had which helped her to take her daughter out of fire when she's injured.

- If So Eun and her mother died, you'd be more pleasant, right? - Il Woo said bitterly.

- Il Woo, I know it's useless if I say that it's all for your sake. Frankly I did not want to do so. I just did not want to ruin our big plan. Now, what I'm trying to say is that if So Eun find out the truth, what will she do ...

- She will never know the truth. Last time, when I told her that it was just an accidental fire, she trust me at once.

- Ani. Today, I overheard Kim Myungsoo asking Useu about some piece of leather which So Eun found in the Yoon house. He said that So Eun was trying to study that piece. Maybe Yoon Kang Woo wrote something on it. Maybe she can find the truth from it.

Il Woo quietly sat down at the table. If it's true then the best way was to destroy that evidence.

- That's why I think we should steal and destroy it. Without that piece, So Eun will not have any clue for further prosecution. Earlier, I told Joo Jin Mo to take Useu along with him to find snow herb for you. Thus, that old man can not ruin our intention. I will take care of the rest.

Il Woo suddenly looked up. Why did Useu appear at this time? It's not a coincidence anyway. So how much Useu know of the truth? Could it be Useu already know that he was not the real young master and Bae Seung Yoo was his father?

- Il Woo, what's wrong? - Bae Seung Yoo was worried when he saw Il Woo clenching his fist and it made the joints crack.

Il Woo thought for a moment. Should he tell his father everything? But then he decided, it's not necessary to tell him.

- No, nothing. Did you really hear it from Kim Myungsoo and Useu?

- Yeah. He asked that old man to read the writings. It seems that it's not normal, so even a smart girl like So Eun also didn't understand.

Il Woo mused, did not say anything. If Useu helped So Eun to read the piece of leather, what if it really exposed his father crimes? If so, how could he be with So Eun? He could not let this happen.

- So do as your wish. Tonight, I will keep So Eun in the Main Hall longer. And you should destroy this note. It's dangerous to keep it - Il Woo stood up and then continued - Ask your people to see me outside the Mansion. I have something for them to do.

He walked quickly to the door but then he suddenly stopped and said softly:

- Be careful. Do not force yourself if it's too difficult. If this fail, I don't want to see you in trouble.

Not waiting Seung Yoo to answer, he went straight out the door, not once looking back. But his words seemed to be full of careness that made Bae Seung Yoo touched. He still sat there and tears well up in his eyes. It's clear that Il Woo had cared about him. He just not admitted it yet.

It's enough for Bae Seung Yoo. If it would be a happy ending for his son, he was willing to die.