Choice

Magical Eunya Village

 

 

Snow stopped falling. That made the air really cold even though So Eun asked servants to put more woods into the fireplace.

- Young Master Bae, do you really want to build a silk dyeing factory in Eunya Village?

- Yes. Kim butler. For a long long time, our Village based primarily on the manufacturing of weapons and products made of eunya tree. But I think it didn't use up all its potential. My samchon has researched medical and drugs for many years. He's very good at color-made materials. I think, if we build a dyeing workshop, partly makes our Village more powerful, partly helps your Mansion developing business with the neighboring towns easily.

- Kim Butler, Il Woo's idea is not bad. What do you think?

- Of course it's you who decide it, agassi. Only one thing we should think of is transportation. We use waterway to deliver goods to Green River and from Green River to the neighboring towns without difficulty. But from Green River to Eunya Village, I thought...

- I also think about it so I dare to give one more suggestion. So Eun, what if you have a branch of silk weaving in Eunya Village? Because the forest between Silky Town and the Village can plant mulberry. I think it's quite appropriate.

- Oh, it's a bold suggestion, Il Woo ah. But joining to Eunya Village is not easy right?

- Do you forget that I'm the young master of the Village? If I ask Grannie, she definitely agree. She likes you a lot, you know.

- But I still want you to talk with your Grannie and samchon first. It's not easy to join Eunya Village, I know that. If they want me to give out our secret of silk weaving, I think I can't ...

- So Eun, I will not let you have to do it. Your secret is still yours.

- But Il Woo ah, don't have to do so because of me.

- So Eun, it is true that because of you, but not all. I want my Village to become more powerful, then I'm asking you to do me a favour.

- Thank you, Il Woo ah. In fact, I would like to expand our business to other provinces. I selected Red River Town to be our center of waterway trade and it will connect all the towns along the River. If there's a branch in Eunya Village, it's so good to expand the business to other towns without waterway.

- No need to thank me. It's mutual benefit actually.

- Alright. After hearing a good news from you, we will have a trip to Eunya Village to prepare building branch there.

- It's great, agassi. I will design a plan of it. Is there anything else you want me to do, agassi?

- Oh, what's about our new products? It's tomorrow we will harvest, right?

- Yeah, agassi. My son now is in the workshop to take care of it. The cold weather made it slower than we thought.

- I see. It's not problem. Well then go to rest. It's late at night now. Tomorrow you will go to Red River Town right?

- Yes agassi. Our counters there are ready to open. I will go to check the last time.

- What's about the new workers? They were trained already?

- Yes. Don't worry about their quality. Myungsoo selected them carefully.

- Of course, I trust your son. Alright. You can go now.

When Kim Tae Young was out of sight, So Eun also snuffed out the candles and the two came out. She suddenly sighed and softly exclaimed:

- I wonder how Useu is right now.

- You seemed to be worried so much about him. I think he's fine. You should take care of yourself. It's too cold these days but your clothes always not warm enough. Take it to keep you warmer.

Il Woo took off his jacket and covered on her shoulders. So Eun suddenly felt warmth gently come over her.

- Thank you, but...

She paused when she saw Il Woo placed a hand on his chest, slightly turned away and avoided her eyes. But she could see the pale face of him. She stopped and took off his jacket, covering his shoulders.

- Il Woo ah, I'm fine. I lived here for so many years and accustomed to the cold weather. You should go back to your room.

- No, I want to walk around with you a bit more. You know, you're too busy with your works and we rarely met. You only said a few words to me and it's all about the business. I ...

- Il Woo ah, I'm so sorry. I'm a bad host, right?

- I didn't mean that. I ... - Il Woo turned to look at her and then paused suddenly. The light reflecting from the white snow shined on the beautiful face of So Eun, made her even more attractive. Il Woo took her soft hands and softly uttered - I really miss you, really want to be with you more ...

So Eun gently pulled his hand out, and then she looked straight into the eyes of Il Woo:

- Il Woo ah, I must tell you something...

- So Eun...

- Please let me say it - So Eun seriously said - I wanted to tell you for a long time, but because of someone, because I feared that person would be mad at me, then I kept it in the heart. But now, that person had no time to be mad at me, moreover, the most important thing is that I do not want to hurt you.

- Do you think that after you say it to me, it will not hurt me?

- I ... I do not know for sure, frankly. But I.. I have to tell you this. Actually in my heart, Junho oppa is very important. I really love him and I was hurt because of him. But now I'm not hurt anymore. At least there was a good girl, his bride, at his side. I... - So Eun paused a moment and then looked up at Il Woo, she continued - Il Woo ah, I'm sorry. I know that you're very kind to me, right from our first meeting. I actually had a good feeling for you. It just ... I can not accept your love...

- So Eun, I understand it. Actually, I knew it even if you didn't tell me. When you gave your handkerchief to Junho, I already knew ...it just... I only lied to my heart. But as I told you once in Silky Town, I just hope that you will not give up on us right away. Junho now has his fiance, you do not have to wait faithfully for him forever. Give us a chance, at least, do not ask me not to love you. I will definitely wait for you.

- But Il Woo ah, I ...

- I don't care about it, really. I pretended that I'd never heard what you told me today. I believe that you will certainly understand my heart someday. You should rest now. Sleep well.

Then Il Woo turned away. So Eun softly sighed, turned to look out the snow yard as white as cotton.

Oppa, why couldn't I forget you? Why couldn't I open my heart to accept his feeling? Oppa, I really really miss you.

Tears began well up in her beautiful eyes but So Eun looked up at the sky, blinking softly so as not to shed a tear.