Feelings

AiGasa (LoveUmbrella)

“Yo, Tegoshi. Are you gonna visit Hitomi today?” Masuda said on the other line. “Yeah, wanna come?” I asked, drinking my cup of hot chocolate which is nearly empty.

“Ah gomen, I can’t. I have to do something. My schedule is pretty…you know…” “Yes, busy. It’s fine. You want me to take a message for her?” “Well…um…oh yes! I brought her some manga. Tell her to read it when she’s bored or something like that.” I smiled to myself.

“Ok. I’ll drop by to get them. See you.” I clicked my cell phone off and placed empty cup in the sink. The chocolate was tasty. Maybe I’ll have another cup before leaving. It warms my body up. It is starting to get cold anyway. I faced the stove and made some more hot chocolate.

Masuda is always busy and only visits Hitomi three to four times a week, so him not saying he couldn’t visit her today isn’t new to me anymore.

---

Masuda, Hitomi & I have been friends since middle school. Even though we finished college, the three of us still stuck together. Unfortunately, Hitomi obtained Heart cancer eight months ago and has been in the hospital ever since.

~

Masuda and Hitomi may not notice but, I always thought that she looked very pretty. I can’t deny it but…I think I’m inlove with her. I was never certain of my own feelings until we graduated from school.

If only there was a donor then she would have been out of that hospital in no time.

…I would have confessed to her.

…how cruel can fate be…?

I even wanted to be the donor myself, but she wouldn’t let me.

---

I went to Masuda’s apartment to get the manga. He opened the door. “Here it is. Give it to her ok?” “Ok.” As I headed down the stairs, he called out: “Hey, might as well do it today!”

I stopped dead in my tracks. “W-What?”

“Don’t worry, secret’s safe. I won’t steal her away from you either, but might as well do it today. You’ve been hiding it for a long time anyway. I gave you lots of chances but it seems like you still didn’t do it.”

I didn’t say anything, but I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

“Good luck!” He closed the door. I stood there, motionless. So he knew, huh?

When I got out of the building, a light shower started. “Cold.” I whispered to myself. Might as well head to the hospital quickly. I mustn’t let the manga Masuda bought get wet. It’s wrapped by plastic anyway…nevermind.

***

I entered her room. “Hitomi, How are you?” I greeted her.

“Tegoshi-kun…thanks for coming.” She smiled at me softly.

It was one of her prettiest smiles that I haven’t seen in a while.