Oh lordy.

I can't do this
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the end of the semester of my junior year in high school and I was so happy. Or atleast I should have been. See I live with my mom and my jackass of a step-father. Why call him a jackass you may say, well it is pretty self explanatory. When my dad died when I was 10 years old, mom got a bit lonely. What do lonely people do, they cope. How does my mom cope? She goes out almost every night and meets random guys. Soon one of those "random" guys starts coming to your house a lot, then moves in your house, then when you least expect it, he becomes your step-father. And he isn't one of those fairy tale happy-go-lucky ones. He's more like the disrespect your mom, eat every ounce of food in your house, go out, party and get drunk, kind of step-father. Now you can see why I call him a jackass. Anyway, I just finished the semester and I'm supposed to be happy like every average 17 year old, well sorry to disappoint but I'm not happy. Why you may ask, well my so called parents are ALWAYS fighting. Like I understand parents fight sometimes, but when they fight it's just not normal. They throw things, they hit eachother and right now, I can't take it. That is why I am going to Korea. 

You may be thinking, why in the world would you go to Korea? Do you even know the language? Do you have any knowledge of the country? My aunt lives there, I don't know the language very well, and I have absolutely zero knowledge of Korea. And yes I know that it is stupid to go somewhere you know nothing about, but if you were in my situation you would take the first option you could to get the hell out of here. And that is exactly what I am doing. So as I am here telling you why I'm leaving, I am currently waiting for my parents to stop fighting so my mom can drive me to the airport. Wish me luck.

 

*Two hours of fighting, and an hour drive later*

FINALLY. I am at the airport and my flight is in 45 minutes. What should I do to pass the time? I wonder around the airport when I notice a little girl and her family. They're all smiling and laughing. They're happy. Happy..... What does it mean to be happy? I wonder. Happy is a feeling I haven't genuily felt since my dad died. Ever since his death life has pretty much . The depression I went through, the emotional roller coaster I rode because of my mom and step-father, the loss of friends. Many friends. See, after my fathers death I got abit, how do I say this, awkward to be around as some put it. I would either cry a lot, or be very angry and rude. P

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter