Chapter 6

New Life

A few weeks later.

Onew was pacing back and forth in the dressing room as his girl group was about to make their first debut in 3 years of training. Sohee noticed how nervous he was and walked over. 

"Oppa," she reached out and grabbed his hand. "it'll be okay." She smiled. "We'll do great, you trained us so well." She nodded and smiled again. 

Onew looked down at the short girl and sighed. "I really hope so."  

Soon it was time for the girls to go out and perform. As they walked out, Onew stayed in the dressing room and watched the tv that was recording live.

He held his breath as they soon finished their performance and heard the roar of the audience from the speakers. He smiled and did a little celebration dance before the girls came back in.

After the girls finished, they ran back into their fitting room and were so happy about how well they did. "Onew oppa, we were great!" Minhee said smiling. 

"I know! I told you guys you would be." He chuckled and looked at the girls and smiled. "I'm proud of you." He said. 

Sohee blushed faintly at the compliment. "We should celebrate. Dinners on me." Onew added. The girls smiled and nodded happily.

--

Taemin sighed in frustration as he looked at the clock. It was 10:34 pm and Onew still wasn't home. 

Taemin took Hy to her first day of preschool and Onew missed it. He missed dinner, he missed their alone time together and he didn't even bother to text Taemin about where he was. 

Taemin was worried and started fidgeting with his phone. He was battling woth himself. He didn't know if he should text Onew or just go to bed and talk tomorrow morning. 

Finally he grew the courage and called Onew instead.

The phone rang and rang, and rang. 

No answer.

Taemin called two more times before giving up. He teared up and set his phone on the night stand before climbing into bed and cried himself to sleep.

--
The next morning, Taemin woke up and walked into the living, seeing Onew asleep on the couch. He furrowed his brows in anger and walked past him to wake up the kids for school.

Once he got the kids ready, showered and fed. He walked over to Onew and tapped him. "Thanks for texting me last night. We'll talk when I get back." He said before leaving.

--
When Onew woke up, he had a throbbing head ache and groaned. He noticed he was alone and looked at the time. It was 730 am. Taemin left to take the kids to school.

He knew he was in trouble for what happened last night. He went out and had a celebration dinner with his group but he had forgot to text taemin about it and he had thought it was okay to have one drink. But one drink turned into more than he could handle. 

He rubbed his eyes and sighed softly. He had remembered what happened and he knew it was bad. He had done something that he regretted so very much. 

He had to tell Taemin.

When Taemin came back home, he noticed that Onew was awake and sitting at the table. He walked over and sat down.

"Taemin," Onew started, frowning. "I know you're mad at me for not texting you about last night and where I was." Taemin listened. "But I wanted to tell you that we went out to dinner, had a few drinks to celebrate--" Onew was soon cut off by Taemin.

"Who did you have with?" Taemin said bluntly.

Onew blinked, he was confused.

"What?"

"Tell me."

"No one Taemin, I remember that much." Onew said honestly. "I wouldn't do that, ever."

"Then what happened?" Taemin said.

Onew sighed. "I got drunk to kiss Sohee."

Taemin bit his bottom lip, trying to hold back tears. "And?"

"And that was it.." Onew finished.

"You missed Hy's first day of preschool because of their debut. It was supposed to be special for us, but you weren't there." Taemin quietly said. "You haven't even bother to text me and ask me about it, or how I was feeling or anything!" 

Taemin shook his head and got up from the table and walked into their room, closing the door. 

Onew watched with a frown on his face. He knew he messed up but he had to fix this. He didn't want his marriage to be ruined by one mistake he had done.

Onew closed his eyes and set his head on the table, thinking about how he should fix this.


Authors note:

I wrote this at 2:30 AM and it's currently 3:16 AM. If I made any mistakes or forgot anything, please let me know and I'll fix it.

Also, I'll try to update all my stories, if not, than I'll update the 'popular' ones for now.