"Wise men don't need advice,fools won't take it."

Half A Glass of Baekhyun

 

To add to Chanyeols further embarrassment after he’d he’d... onto Baekhyun –that thought was still hard to process-he’d staggered to Jongin and bragged. Jongin listened attentively and advantage of his drunken state. But Jongin was nothing more but a good friend to – Jongins words not Chanyeols-, Chanyeol .Of course he felt a bit of pity but Chanyeol still had to do it but Jongin had changed it to going out.

Upon all day incessantly answering nothing but questions, Jongin grew tired of Chanyeol and told him to stop moping around; this wasn’t one of those stupid girly shojos for girls that he read.

No prince charming would come up and help, Baekhyun wouldn’t turn into a bad guy overnight his hair slicked back, jacket studded a full on swagger as he walks across the corridor his hips swinging from side to side. He would smirk at the girls and boys alike but continuously tease Chanyeol because he would be the nerd. Chanyeol would hate him too but somewhere along the lines they’d fall in love.

Even life itself wasn’t that cliché and maybe this was a blessing in disguise. Because for as long as Chanyeol has been wanting Baekhyun he hadn’t been doing anything and for goodness sake he could take this as a chance to actually do something, Jongin said this all in one breathe and with a manly punch to the arm they’d parted ways.

x

Chanyeol knocks on the student council door, hoping that Luhan would be in. He hears a muffled “come in!” and enters the pristine soap smelling room tentatively.

Luhan is sat in the plush chair and he looks almost taken aback when he sees the taller male. He recovers and with a smug self-centred look he kicks the chair across from him –an action reminiscent of Jongin-he invites Chanyeol to sit across from him.

Looking a bit too gleeful – in Chanyeols opinion- Luhan singsongs:

“So you’ve come to me for help?”

Scratching his head to stop himself from punching the older male Chanyeol replies:

“Uh yeah.Jongin – Luhan smiles when he hears Jongin.Urgh it wouldn’t be as creepy as when Jongin is actually here because that smile would be stretched to the sky and 1000x brighter-wouldn’t tell me how he managed to get someone like you to like him. He said I had to find out myself so I just came to ask you.”

Luhans smirks and Chanyeol doesn’t know which one he prefers the smile or the smirk.

“Oh he did, did he? Well I’m pretty sure you already know how we got to be, but you want me to go into extra detail right?”

Has he made a mistake coming to Luhan?

With a nod from Chanyeol, Luhan Cheshire grin appears again as he re-tells the famous tale of how he got together with his Jongin.

A map splayed over the ground, as a young man’s eyes scrunched up in confusion as his brain tried to figure out where he should be next. Sighing he tried to retrace his steps, to know how he ended up where he was but it was no use. Looking so cutely confused Luhan didn’t know that he painted the perfect image of a new student lost.

 Being the kind-hearted person he was Jongin cautiously approached him crouching down so that he could see what the other was looking at.

“Do you need any help?”

Looking at Luhans time-table together he found that they were in the same classes for some days. Jongin smiled gently and put an arm around Luhan’s neck ignoring the other’s obvious discomfort and lead Luhan to his favourite lesson math.

Luhan is chuckling reliving the moment in his head.

“He had no sense of personal space back then. But now he can touch me all he wants and-“

Coughing to hide back laughter because creeping out Chanyeol is always fun, Luhan continues from where he left off.

Weeks went by and Jongin made Luhan feel more at ease and become more comfortable around him. What Luhan didn’t also know was that Jongin was constantly observing and watching him. Jongin knew how hard it was to get adjusted to new environments, even a new language.Jongin had known because-

“I uh once went to Japan for a couple of months you know.” Jongin said once when trying to make conversation.

 After watching Luhan struggle with questions in maths, his mouth was constantly in a scowl as his pen reluctantly scratched the surface of the paper. Jongin decided there and then to tutor him free of charge. Of course when he first told Luhan he refused and tried to re-assure him he was fine and he didn’t want to be any more of an annoyance, Jongin persisted insisting that they were friends anyway and that’s what friends do. Friends sit next to each other and introduce each other to other friends who you find out are already friends of friends so you’re already friends and of course eventually Luhan gave in and it had nothing to do with the cutely jutted out bottom lip and puppy dog-eyed look Jongin was giving him. Nothing at all.

Naturally to cut the long story short, they got closer and found themselves talking about things other than maths which was a shock because Jongin loves maths as much as he loves dogs. And that’s a lot. But they weren’t as many awkward pauses now so it was fine. Although Jongin began to see something in the way that Luhan listened to him, his gaze would solely focus on him like he was the most interesting thing he’d ever seen. He would his dry bottom lip occasionally and that made him splutter and his insides go hfdbfdhfdvfdhg.

Luhan found himself in the same predicament with the way Jongin was just...Jongin. Of course he’d made friends before, with his looks it was really easy to. But Jongin was different, maybe it’s because he was the one who approached him first, forced a lollipop down his throat in the next three hours they knew each other –because you’re too skinny he had said- , talked to him as if they’ve known each other for years, years not just months and how Jongin just basically seemed to care about him. It didn’t help that Jongin could be so abnormally cute that Luhan just wanted to grab him and hug him close.

Luhan eyes glaze over, a light dusting of pink on his cheeks as he goes on:

“.....another study session he tripped and fell into my lap. I controlled myself but er next thing you know there’s a hand accidently brushing my crotch” Ignoring Chanyeols scandalised expression, Luhan continues.

“And you know that smirk he does? Yeah he did that and had the nerve to whisper right into my ear one little word.oops. And I thought oh.Oh. All I could think of was that he needs to be punished, because naughty boys have to be punished right? So I pinned him to the floor and -”

Luhan guffaws as Chanyeol rises up and storms out of the room. Chanyeol makes sure to slam the door on his way out, hoping that it will make Luhan feel bad because basically the point in that story that Luhan-hyung told him was that he just needed to grab Baekhyuns and everything will work out.

Chanyeol wonders why he’s got such for friends.

x

It’s no surprise that Jongin also guffaws when he tells him about Luhans advice. He doesn’t understand what’s so funny. Chanyeol pinches the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger as Jongin chirps happily.

“He’s so great. What did he say? Oh my gosh did he tell you about the part where I ped his trousers and-“

With a click he ends the phone call and wonders again why he’s got such for friends.

Pulling his sleeves further up his arm, Chanyeol brings the teddy bear closer to his chest.

He scans the room till his eyes land on his babies. His dear shojos that are have been put in alphabetical order on his shelf all wrapped in plastic not to get stained. And once again he finds himself wondering why he can’t be like the main protagonist and be cute and beautiful and without even trying all the boys will fall in love with him. It would be much easier if life was like that.

Pouting, Chanyeol squeezes the teddy bear tighter.

“What should I do Mr Snuggles?”

He asks and with a patience of two seconds he flicks the teddy bears nose when he doesn’t get a reply. Obviously not ever going to get a reply he throws himself onto his bed, throwing the covers on top of his head he’s all ready to wallow in self-pity until it hits him.

He can cook. Abruptly he pulls the cover off his head resulting in his hair taking a form of its own but he doesn’t care because he could and can make cook. Cook for Baekhyun. And put it in one of those lunch boxes he only ever uses for special occasions.

Jongin will probably scoff at him and tell him he’s not in Hatsukoi Lunch Box but Chanyeol doesn’t care. Because he could, will and can cook for Baekhyun. He already knows what the shorter male likes so he can just cook for him and then Baekhyun will fall in love with him and ask him to be his and of course Chanyeol will say yes and they’ll get married.

Squealing Chanyeol entangles himself in his Elmo sheets.

--------------

i couldn't help myself bfdhjhgdh i'm excited for the next chapter tbh baekyeol heading your way.Thank you for reading<3

Brushfire~