Adoration (Kyufany)

Oneshot Series

Perhaps it was just a silly little emotion, just an insignificant sort of love, but that's what made it simple for them.

No matter what, Kyuhyun adored Tiffany.

And she knew that, but it wasn't enough.

.
.
.

Love, it was a strong word to say, a strong emotion to feel, and a strong feeling to display. And that's what made it scary, which is why neither Tiffany nor Kyuhyun brought it up. It was too complicated, especially with their lives. Love, hate, anger, jealousy... It all took up too much time, and was all so troublesome and confusing. But love specifically, it was odd to the pair.

It couldn't be it, the love of adults, the way they would appraise each other before expressing anything true. But it was too pure, the love of children, the way everything was so genuine and honest and without lies.

Kyuhyun couldn't have either types of love, and neither could Tiffany, since their love was not like that. 

What they had was too tainted to be the love of children. So many urges to touch and to hold; lip biting, kissing, caressing, sweat. But at the same time, the love was too innocent to be the love of adults. No thought for the future, no thought of the past, no judgement; only the present mattered. Just for each other.

Their love wasn't the same as anyone else's.

So in the end, the notion of 'love' was never brought up. Rather, the two replaced the whole emotion with 'adoration'. It felt so much easier to say, so much more understood, and so much simpler. Whether or not it was improper, weak, or perhaps even pathetic, the two didn't care. Neither were able to bring up 'love', especially with how they were at the moment. Member of Girls' Generation, Hwang Miyoung, otherwise known as Tiffany, and maknae of Super Junior, Cho Kyuhyun; they didn't have enough of each other to actually call it love.

Though it was clear, how much they enjoyed each other's company, how much much they wanted to be together, it wasn't enough. They hadn't been with each other enough, hadn't shown each other enough affection, hadn't done enough to call it love. But Tiffany and Kyuhyun were fine with that, No problem with it at all.

Honestly, the two liked how their relationship was built of flirtation, teasing, affection, and everything else which was cute and delicate in the world. What they had was similar to love, but different completely. There was that mutual attraction between the two, that commitment of being exclusive to each other, that loyalty for the 'one and only', but all without the jealousy and anger and heartbreak and sorrow. In this relationship, there was no real reputation, no real status, and no real responsibility.

But perhaps that was because they trusted each other so much, so it wasn't really an issue.

In their world, which was not wholly based on love, and rather, based off its pathetic relative, otherwise known as 'adoration', Kyuhyun and Tiffany displayed their emotions. She could tell by the way he looked at her, the warmth, it was so clear how much affection he had for her, how much he cared for her, how much he wanted to hold her.

And Tiffany loved him for that, deep down in her heart, even if he could never say it.

It was like a first love, so strange and odd and teasing, but was not new and fresh and thriving. The way Tiffany felt for Kyuhyun and the way Kyuhyun felt for Tiffany, they dragged it out. Love, they were close, but neither didn't want to enter its borders yet. Like being on the freeway, a long road, sun shining with a gentle breeze on the skin; Perhaps the two wanted to cherish every moment of the trip before finally embracing that emotion called 'love'. They didn't want to rush it, since there was still time.

And if only fools rush in, they were going to be the wisest, the safest, and perhaps even slowest car on the road. 

But of course, going slow can also cause many accidents, which is why sometimes, people just have to put their foot onto the accelerator and go.

That was the case for Tiffany, finally, who was becoming bored of the trip. At this point, all she wanted was to be in love; true love, rather slowly building the emotions up. Tiffany had been for a while, and she was sure, she loved Kyuhyun more than anything else. But perhaps she arrived there a little earlier than Kyuhyun; Tiffany wasn't sure, she was scared, it's how love was. Sometimes, lovers are at different parts of the freeway, and it's hard for someone to slow down and for someone else to speed up so they can catch each other.

And sometimes they refuse to do so.

Tiffany couldn't hold it back anymore, the words had to be said. They had been aching in her neck, unable to ever properly come out. And so, she had left the Girls' Generation dorm, 9pm at night, and drove herself to the building where the Super Junior members lived. Imagine their surprise, to see their precious Tiffany, at their dorm at night, and requesting to see Kyuhyun of all people. And then imagine Kyuhyun, gaming the night away, and opening his door to see his significant other.

Kyuhyun was frozen, why was Tiffany outside his door? Before he could speak, and though Tiffany was completely conscious that the other Super Junior members staring, she couldn't hold back. Not anymore, Tiffany had to tell him. Her lips, trembling, but completely certain, she spoke, "I love you." 

The entire world stopped. Tiffany could only hear her heartbeat, nothing else. Not the shocked gasps of the other Super Junior members who were completely oblivious of their relationship, and not even the sound of Kyuhyun's game he was playing on the computer. Tiffany felt so satisfied, but so nervous and afraid. Stuck in a trance, she was no longer conscious. 

Everything, tense, shocked, Kyuhyun's eyes widened. Hearing those words, realising that the other Super Junior members were watching, he grabbed Tiffany by the wrist and pulled Tiffany inside, closing the door behind them.

There, Tiffany had never felt so scared. Kyuhyun, clearly shocked, his hand tightly holding around her wrist to the point it almost hurt; she could feel tears coming on. But Kyuhyun was too shocked to notice, "You love me?"

Tiffany bit her lower lip, nodding weakly. "Yeah, I do."

The look in Kyuhyun's eyes, that sort of way he looked surprised and almost saddened was so intimidating. Tiffany could feel it, she had made a mistake. Again.

"...You know how sometimes, you can love a person and they don't love you back?" Kyuhyun asked slowly, softly, his grip on Tiffany's wrist loosening.

Tiffany's breath hitched, fear taking in. "Yeah..."

Kyuhyun breathed, the sound echoing through Tiffany's ears. His eyes were soft, gentle to the extent that she felt pitiful. They stared at each other, for a couple seconds which also felt like hours. Kyuhyun gave a light frown.

.
.
.

And then he smirked.

Kyuhyun gave her a grin, that boyish smile that he normally had, and pulled Tiffany in close. Holding her, warm and safe, Tiffany's eyes widening before she sank into his chest. Her eyes watered once again, though, she was unsure why that was. It was probably because of the relief. What a stupid joke. Tiffany peaked up at Kyuhyun who smirked annoyingly, she sort of wanted to kiss it away.

"This isn't the case." Kyuhyun muttered, the amusement in his voice so clear that it made Tiffany irritated. But it was all forgiven within the instant Kyuhyun looked down at her, giving her that expression which Tiffany loved, words saying, "I love you."

All sealed with a kiss, the pair were pretty sure that the other Super Junior members were listening with their ears against the door.

But the pair really didn't care at all.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm officially back~ ^^ Written from my other account, Dangoya, I am just moving the stories over to here so it's not plagiarism, alright? I missed you~ ^^