Some Time Later

I Accidentally Slept With Koki Tanaka

 

I wake up in a strange room. Where am I?

 

I try to remember what happened. The last thing I remember is taking a picture with Koki and then…

 

He kissed me. He kissed me?!

 

Never before in my life had I been so grateful to Ueda. This man had just made my dreams come true!

 

But… what happened after that? How did I get into this room? Where is this room? I look around and see that it is very simply decorated. The only color I can see is a muted blue. Everything is made of a dark cherry wood: the dresser, the end table, the border around the mirror, the bed I was laying in…

 

THE BED I WAS LAYING IN?! WHERE THE HECK AM I?

 

I look across the bed into the mirror. At least I am still wearing the same thing, that’s good. Did I get kidnapped?!

 

I begin to panic, trying to remember what happened when suddenly, the door opens and all my fears disappear.

 

There he was.

 

“Oh, you’re awake. That’s good. I was beginning to worry.”

 

“Um… where am I?”

 

“This is my bedroom.”

 

My heart is racing. If this is his bedroom, then I am at his house in his bed.

 

“What… what happened?”

 

“I’m sorry if I made you worry, but we didn’t know what else to do. You… well, you fainted when I kissed you.”

 

I could feel my cheeks get hot. Could I have embarrassed myself anymore?

 

“I’m so sorry.”

 

“Don’t be.”

 

“But… I’m being such a burden to you. I will just get going now. Thank you for taking care of me.”

 

“Now hold on. I can’t let you leave yet. I really must insist that you stay here the night. I want to have a doctor check you out just to be sure that you are alright.”

 

“Oh, that’s really not necessary! I’m sure it was just the shock of being kissed by the man I lo—” I stop suddenly, realizing what I was about to say, but the amused smile on his face tells me that he knew exactly what I was going to say.

 

I bet I look like a tomato now.

 

“Oh, now, don’t be too embarrassed. I’m flattered, really, that such a beautiful girl has fallen in love with me.”

 

He called me beautiful! What a stinkin liar. But I don’t mind. Nope. Not in the least.

 

I can’t think of anything to say to that so I simply smile.

 

“So, are you going to stay or do I have to force you?”

 

“Well, considering you aren’t really giving me a choice, I guess I’ll stay.”

 

“Good. And you don’t have to worry about a thing. I promise to be a good boy.” He winks.

 

If my heart pounds any harder it will pound right out of my chest.

 

“You must be uncomfortable in those clothes. Would you like to borrow something to sleep in? I’m sure one of my t-shirts will be long enough on you.”

 

WOULD I?!

 

“Oh, you don’t have to do that! I don’t want to be anymore trouble to you! I will be fine like this.”

 

“It’s no trouble.” He walks to his dresser and pulls out a plain black t-shirt. “You can put this on.”

 

He laid the shirt on the bed before leaving the room.

 

I pounce on the shirt and bring it to my nose. It smells amazing…

 

After breathing in the scent of him for a few moments, I finally put the shirt back down and peel off my clothes from my body. I put his shirt on and already feel a million times better. I hadn’t realized how uncomfortable I really was.

 

I look in the mirror to be sure that my hair isn’t a wreck and see that the shirt hardly covers my ! I can’t stay like this! Just as I was grabbing my jeans to put them back on, there is a knock on the door.

 

“Are you done? I’m coming in!”

 

I didn’t get a chance to say anything before he walked in, so I’m sure he got a pretty good view of my (I was bent over scrambling to get my jeans on).

 

I stand up quickly.

 

“You aren’t seriously thinking of putting those jeans back on, are you?”

 

“Well… this is a little short, so…”

 

“It’s fine.”

 

“I think I would be more comfortable if—”

 

“I won’t see you when you are in the bed, though, so does it really matter?”

 

I hadn’t thought of that.

 

“Now, get on back into bed. I brought you some tea to calm your nerves.”

 

Is it that obvious how nervous I am?

 

“Wait, where are you going to sleep if I’m in your bed?”

 

“Oh, I was going to sleep there too, if that’s alright.”

 

I freeze. Was he serious?

 

He begins to laugh. “I’m only joking! Don’t look so serious! I am going to sleep on the floor so I can be sure you are alright and you can let me know if you need anything.”

 

I noticed the bags under his eyes now and realized that he must be exhausted. I had forgotten that he just did a concert and now he has to take care of me.

 

I quickly jump into the bed. The sooner I sleep the sooner he could sleep.

 

I pretend to yawn as if I’m incredibly tired and say, “You know, I think I’m too tired to drink anything. I should probably just get to sleep.”

 

“Nice try. Don’t worry, it’s nothing gross. You’ll like it, I promise. If you don’t, we can add sugar or whatever you need to make it taste good.”

 

He thinks I’m trying to get out of drinking it!

 

“Oh, no! It’s not that! I really am tired!”

 

“You have been out cold, do you really expect me to believe you are now so incredibly tired that you can’t even drink some tea?”

 

I sigh, defeated. He is just way too smart.

 

“But I really did not do that because I don’t want to drink it.”

 

I could tell by the look on his face that he didn’t believe me. Great, that means I have to explain it.

 

“I just figured you need to sleep so if I hurry up and go to sleep then you can sleep too. You look tired.”

 

Now, he was surprised.

 

“I’m ok. You should only worry about yourself.” He starts to lean down to kiss my forehead, but seems to change his mind and pats it instead.

 

“Now, drink your tea and go to sleep whenever you wish. I will be fine. I am used to being tired. You, on the other hand, I can’t have you fainting on me again.”

 

“Did I faint ON you?!”

 

“Calm down, that’s not what I meant.”

 

“But did I?”

 

“No, you fell straight down, but I caught you.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Now, relax.” He pushes me down, and where his hands touch my arms seem to burn.

 

“Here.” He hands the cup of tea to me. “Drink.”

 

I comply. It was good, and definitely helped me relax. I sigh.

 

“Are you hungry?”

 

“No.” I lied. This man had done enough to take care of me, and he just needs to sleep, no matter how much he denies it.

 

Unfortunately, my stomach growls. I grab it in embarrassment.

 

“Liar. Let me make you something.”

 

“No, you don’t have to do that!”

 

“I don’t take ‘no’ for an answer. I will be right back.”

 

Before I could protest he was out of the room.

 

I want to cry. His sweetness touched me in such a way that I was even more in love with him than ever. To have him so close to me, caring for me like he has been, is such a miracle. I was determined not to take it for granted.

 

I finish my tea just as he returns into the room with a bowl of some wonderful smelling soup.

 

“Sit up. Is chicken soup ok? It was all I could make on such short notice.”

 

“It’s perfect. Thank you.”

 

I notice him beaming as he looks in my cup. I was glad that I could do something to make him happy as well, even if it is something as small as enjoying what he gives me.

 

I was sure to eat all of the soup and he takes the dishes, along with some clothes.

 

I really did begin to feel tired and I look to the clock. 1:30 am!

 

This poor man! I will not allow him to do a single thing more for me. I lay down and get under the covers.

 

He walks back in wearing only a pair of sweats and looks at me. “Are you ready to sleep now?”

 

I nod, completely speechless, staring at his chest.

 

He quickly lays some blankets and pillows on the floor next to the bed.

 

“Don’t hesitate if you need anything. Even if I’m already sleeping, it’s fine if you wake me up.”

 

“I’ll remember.”

 

He shuts off the lights and I can hear him settling in. I wonder if he can hear my heart pounding.

 

“Ko— er… Tanaka-san?”

 

“Hai?” She could hear a smile in his voice.

 

“I just wanted to say thank you. For everything.”

 

“Don’t worry about it. It was nice to take care of someone for once.”

 

“I’ll faint for you any day if it makes you that happy.”

 

That caused him to burst into laughter. Could he make my heart ache any more?

 

“Well… goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight.”