After the Concert

I Accidentally Slept With Koki Tanaka

 

Nervous can’t even begin to describe what I’m feeling. What should I do? Should I sit? Should I stay standing? Should I casually lean against the wall? Oh no! My hair! Is it sticking up?! What do I do, what do I do?!

 

I didn’t realize that I had begun pacing the room in a frenzy, which was doing exactly what I didn’t want it to do: show how nervous I am.

 

Suddenly, the door to my left opens and the members begin to walk in one by one.

 

Kazuya Kamenashi

Tatsuya Ueda

Taguchi Junnoske

Yuichi Nakamaru

Koki Tanaka

 

I stop pacing and just stare. I must have looked incredibly idiotic, standing there with my mouth gaping open.

 

Luckily, these guys are idols and used to such silly behavior.

 

“Hi,” Kame speaks first. “You must be the contest winner. I’m sure I don’t have to do this, but I will introduce each of us anyway. I’m Kamenashi, and this is Ueda, Junnoske, Nakamaru, and Tanaka.”

 

My mind is completely blank. I seemed to forget how to speak. I could not form words. Finally, I just nod.

 

“So, would you like our autographs?”

 

Again, all I could do was nod.

 

Kame smiles (probably inwardly laughing at me) and sits down at the lone table in the room to begin signing the poster laying there.

 

Taguchi starts to ask me questions. I hope that doesn’t mean I will have to actually remember how to talk.

 

“So, did you enjoy the concert?”

 

I nod.

“Ok, I have to ask. I always want to know this. Who is your favorite KAT-TUN member?”

 

I begin to feel uncomfortable. I am too embarrassed to admit that. Unfortunately, even Kame is looking up at me with interest. Every person in the room is waiting expectantly for my answer.

 

I look down at my feet and finally mumble “Tanaka-san.”

 

Silence. Were they all that shocked? Why did I even come here? I should have just given the ticket to someone who would actually take advantage of the situation instead of making everything awkward.

 

Maru breaks the silence, interrupting my thoughts. “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. Who did you say?”

 

“Why doesn’t she just point? Since she obviously is having problems talking.” Ueda teases. I do NOT appreciate him teasing me like that. It sparked something in me.

 

My head shoot up and my eyes flash to him. “That’s not a bad idea.” I state, causing a very surprised look to cross his face and amused looks on the other members faces.

 

I point to the only man in the room who has not spoken yet.

 

All eyes go to Koki to gauge his reaction. He is emotionless. Finally, he gives me a small smile and simply nods his thanks.

 

No! I want you to TALK!

 

Taguchi then starts to whine. “Aww they never say me. How come nobody loves me?”

 

“I didn’t say that I don’t! I just said Tanaka-san is my favorite. The whole group is wonderful too.”

 

“But why is he your favorite?”

 

Maru butts in, saving me from answering. “Don’t pester her! Can’t you see she is uncomfortable?” He then turns to me and bows slightly. “I’m sorry that Taguchi is so nosy. You will have to ignore him.”

 

“Hey! I’m not nosy! I’m just curious.”

 

“Same thing.”

 

Taguchi frowns. It’s his turn to sign the poster so that distractes him from any further conversation for the time being.

 

“Would you like to take a picture with Koki?” Maru asks me.

 

Would I?!

 

“Is— I mean, we can do a group one. That would be fine.” I honestly would MUCH rather have a picture with just Koki, but I don’t think he would like being put on the spot like that.

 

Maru is too smart for me and he saw right through that. “No, you should just do it with him, since he is your favorite. I’m sure he won’t mind, will you, Koki?”

 

He is still expressionless, so I can’t tell if he really minds or not. But I don’t feel too bad since Maru is the one pushing it and not me. He stands up from the chair that he had been sitting in and motions to one of the staff to bring a camera.

 

What happened next I never expected.

 

What I DID expect: Koki to stand next to me with some space in between us, the man to take the picture, and Koki to return to his seat.

 

What ACTUALLY happened: Koki stood next to me and slung his arm around my waist to pull me in close. And that was the picture the man took, of Koki with his arm around me, smiling his most adorable smile and me probably looking like a total idiot. I almost had a heart attack.

 

“Are you alright?” Taguchi looks concerned.

 

I begin to stutter. “I— yes, I ju— just— I’m fine.”

 

“Hey, Koki, you should give the little lady a kiss on the cheek, ne? I bet she would enjoy that.” Was that Ueda’s way of getting back at me? Was he TRYING to kill me?!

 

“Hmm… That’s not a bad idea” Koki states, repeating what I had said to Ueda only moments before.

 

Koki leans in and I feel something warm on my cheek. Then… everything begins to spin and crash before my eyes into blackness. The last thing I heard was someone yelling, “Catch her!” and the last thing I felt were two strong hands trying to get a hold on me…