Cleaning Up

Sad

 

Slowly opening your eyes, you looked around your room. Squinting you saw your phone sprawled across the floor. Groaning, you ran your hand through your hair. Why did you have such a bad temper. Rubbing the sleep away from your face, you pushed yourself out of bed.

“Hello?”

“Who’s calling me so late at night, babe?”

Biting your lip, you made your way toward the bathroom. Forget about it. You told yourself as you started the shower. It was never real. He never really loved you. You waited until the water heated up and got in. You were just a game. Resting your head against the wall, you let your tears fall. And he won.

After your pity party in the shower, you looked at yourself in the mirror. Letting out a sigh, you straightened up.

“You’re going to be okay.” You nodded to yourself.

Walking out to your room, you saw what you had done last night. Clothes were everywhere, broken pieces of glass splattered to every corner.  Picture frames thrown here and there, pictures scattered. You walked toward one of the pictures on the ground, the first one you two ever took together.

Before you could reach it, you yelled out in pain. Picking up your foot, you saw a piece of glass launched inside your foot. Holding your breath, you pulled it out. Squeezing your eyes shut, you tried to suppress your scream. Looking at the picture, you let out a laugh.

It just wasn’t meant to be.

After cleaning your foot, you started to clean your room. After hours of hard work, your room and house was finally clean and empty. Dusting your hands off, you looked at the box outside of your door. Everything that was his and everything that was tied to him was in that box. Nodding your head, you walked toward your kitchen.

You looked around, everything was in boxes. Sadly smiling, you walked through the empty apartment. All the memories flashed through your head like they all happened yesterday. You were so in love with him. He told you everything. You told him everything. How could you not know there was someone else. All those nights of him staying at the dorms, were they lies?

Grazing your fingertips along the walls as you walked, you glanced at the bathroom. You smiled at how awkward it was when you accidentally walked in on him showering.  Continuing down memory lane, you looked at the stove. He always did lurk over your shoulder and eat everything you were in the process of cooking.

You grabbed the box by your room and walked toward the front door. With each step you took, memories kept on flashing by. That’s why you had to leave. The longer you stayed in that apartment, the crazier you were going to be. Everything was him and nothing else. Nothing belonged to you anymore. Everything you smelled or saw, was Daehyun.

You had to leave.

Finally coming to a stop, you looked at the front door. That horrible night crept its way back to your mind. Then the hate settled. You didn’t need Daehyun anymore. Everything you saw may remind you of him, but you would never want him again. Not after the agony he put you through.

Opening the door, you stepped out and locked it. The door to your past was shut and locked. There was no going back and that’s okay. Sighing, you walked to your car and but the box in your passenger seat. Starting the engine, you gripped the steering wheel.

 

 

Setting the box down on the door step, you rang the doorbell and ran. Sitting in your car, you watched as the door opened.

There she was. The woman he loved. Looking puzzled, she dug through the box. The pictures of you two filled her mind. You heard her scream his name.

Smiling, you started your engine.

If he could break your heart that easily, you could break his just as easy.