Day 76

068. Days ; Sungjong/Sunggyu

 

Day 76
The first sign came on a Thursday. We had been lounging around at Dongwoo's flat, (remember that other cafe worker? Yeah him, the one with the red hair.), the one he shared with a boy named Howon, (who had turned out to be another one of Sunggyu's coworkers, I had later discovered.)

We had ordered chinese takeaway for dinner; honey chicken and hokkien noodles and snow peas, and had been watching 'A Moment To Remember'. The tupperwear containers lay emptied on the coffee table, paper plates and plastic cups littered around the floor. Howon and Dongwoo leaning on each other on the couch. Sunggyu had been sitting on the single-person sofa, and I had nuzzled comfortably between his thighs, leaning back against his chest.

He'd laid his chin on my shoulder, and nearing the end of the movie, something had happened.

It was the scene in which the main girl had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. I could feel from behind that his breathing had become heavy, strained. His chest had begun to rise and fall rapidly, and the puffs of breath against my ear had quickened as well.

I'd turned around to see him with his eyes closed; felt his arms wound around my waist.

“Are you ok?” I remember whispering, only to receive a muffled grunt when he'd moved to press his head against my back.

“Gyu hyung? What's wrong?”

Dongwoo and Howon had turned to look after hearing my hushed whispers, I recall, and had immediately stepped over to see what was happening.


But when a soft hand was placed lightly on his shoulder, he'd stopped, breathing turning normal once again, and he had looked up at us and smiled; that sparkling, endearing smile that is still fresh in my mind.

“What's up?” He had giggled, before resting his head back on my shoulder.

We'd all given him a strange look, though he'd brushed it off with a wave of his hand, “Guys, I'm fine.”, slipping from his stretched lips.

The three of us had looked at each other doubtfully, but Sunggyu had turned his attention back to the television, wailing a loud, “OH MY GOD, NO! SOOJIN YOU CAN'T FORGET HIM!!”.

The dorky boy I'd fallen in love with was back, and so we'd pushed the event to the back of our minds. Perhaps I should've paid more attention...

 

 

 

***************


double update because I'm a b*tch who decided not to write anything for the past week. I'm so bad, but promises are made to be broken.

JUST JOKING, don't learn from me, and actually keep ur promises cause i'm not a good person *sobs*

Anyways, if ur reading, thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment if you have time,
And as always, Happy readings!!
--K