Day 33

068. Days ; Sungjong/Sunggyu

 

Day 33
We had become a lot like siblings; extremely close friends, over the period of time we had spent together.

There were a number of occasions where we would just chat as he worked away at his cafe job. I'd sit with a cup of hot chocolate, perhaps raspberry tea, doing my homework or just simply watching him work away.

 

We had watched a few movies together, grabbed lunch on a mix of weekends, even had dinner together on the odd Thursday or Friday night.

I had introduced him to my mother, who was ecstatic that I had made a new friend with class. He would sometimes join us for dinner at my kitchen table, before we'd lie around my bedroom, playing video games and watching movies.

Sometimes he would lay his head on my stomach or my thigh and close his eyes. I often thought that he'd maybe fallen asleep, but then he'd giggle softly and sit up, before saying goodbye and heading off to wherever he needed to be.

It was on the thirty third day that we had met that he had invited me over to his apartment. As we walked, silence skirted around us, and I was unsure of whether to break the tension.

The ride in the elevator was filled with soft breathing, and before I knew it, we were toeing off our shoes at the entrance to his apartment.

 

“Where's your mother? Is she not home?”

Sunggyu had dropped his sling bag to the ground and gestured over to the sofa in the middle of the room.

“Oh, no. I live by myself. My parents are still back in Jeolla. My older sister lives in the heart of Seoul, but she's normally quite busy so we don't talk much.” He had stepped into the kitchen to pour us both a glass of juice.

“Oh? Aren't you a bit young to be living by yourself? Why didn't you stay with your parents in Jeolla?”

 

“Well... You see...”

He'd handed me a glass and took a seat beside me on the sofa, placing his own juice down onto the small coffee table in front. He laid his head on my shoulder.

“It's a bit difficult to stay with them.”

“Why is that, hyung?”

“They haven't exactly come to terms with me....” He had trailed off into silence, not finishing his sentence.

I looked down at my shoulder to see his eyes closed and leaned my head atop his. “It's alright if you don't want to talk about it now. Just let me know when you're ready.”

He heaved a small sigh, letting a tired smile slip onto his lips. “Thanks Jongie.”


We had spend the remainder of the night watching sob-story dramas before crashing in his small living room together.

He had fallen asleep first, his slow, shallow breaths filling the silence as I had lain awake, tracing his features with my eyes as the moonlight filtered through the window onto his face; a soft, illuminant glow.

 

Was his parents against his ual orientation?

 

***************

I'm sarreehh! I got sick. And when i'm sick, i get lazy :< so i didn't upload any of the written chapters, and I havnt written anything more for the past few days. i'll finish soon, I promise ><;;;;