The Last Goodbye.

Last Goodbye

 

Their wedding went smoothly, obviously destiny is at their side. As promised I was Sica's bridesmaid and I made her dress. The truth was I designed that dress before when Hae and I were still together. I used to daydream about our "wedding". Of course I cant say to them that I did that for myself, so I just said that I made it for Sica, that it was for her dream wedding.  
 
I can feel that my body clock seems to slow down. I can feel that I dont have much time left. Here at the beach where we used to go, I would say to him everything.
 
"Yoona!!!" I heard his voice from far away. He was running towards me. 
 
"Hello." I said as he approached me.
 
"Why did you call me to come here?" he asked.
 
"Before I answer, let's sit down first." I said and we sat down at the sand.
 
"So Yoona, what's the matter?", he asked.
 
I cant utter the words I had to say. I didnt know where to start. I found out all these time I had no courage to say it to him but I have to. He has to. It's as if his heart said to me Im ready to listen, so I slowly found the words to say.
 
"Hae if I'm going to leave you again, would you miss me?", I asked him.
 
"So you mean you're coming back to the states?" he asked.
 
" Just answer my question. Aishh." I grumbled.
 
"Fine. Of course! You're one of my bestfriends but you'll still come back right?", he said.
 
"What if I dont Hae? What if I'm leaving for good?", I asked him again.
 
"You're not coming back. Why?", he asked.
 
I didnt answer instead I said everything to him. I opened my heart to him.
 
"When I left you told me you would love me forever or I thought so. You said you would wait for me but you didnt! You had me hoping for 5 years. 5 years Hae, I hoped for something that wouldnt even happen. You didnt even bother to tell me that you're in love with my bestfriend. You didnt even bother to give me a closure! I was like an idiot that's waiting for something that would never arrive! "
 
"I am so sorry Yoong. I thought you were doing okay. If I could turn back time, I wouldnt let it happen." he said and hugged me.
 
"But you couldnt. You couldnt Donghae!", I said and began punching his chest. He wouldnt let me go so I just cried there.
 
"I'm so sorry Yoong. ", he said.
 
"Let go of me." I said and he did. I felt my chest hurt just then, blood went out of my nose. Oh no. I dont have much time left.
 
"Yoona. Are you okay?" he said and gave me his handkerchief.
 
"Umm. Kinda. Donghae do you remember the time that I said to you that I was anemic?", I asked.
 
"Yes. Why?", he asked, his eyes full of concern.
 
I took a deep breath and wiped the remaining blood on my nose. 
 
"It kind of developed when I was in America." , I said.
 
"What do you mean?" he asked
 
"I have leukemia, Hae. Stage 4. " I confessed.
 
"Wait. I dont like that joke Yoona. That's not funny. Cancer patients lose their hair right? Yoona that's not a very good one.", he said and fake laughed.
 
"Hae. It's because they undergo chemotheraphy. It's because of the medicine." I said and he raised an eyebrow at me.
 
"Hae. Look at me. Are you noticing something?" I asked.
 
"You look thin ,as usual. Paler...." he said as he examined me and his eyes widened when he saw something. "Yoona, you have a large bruise at your left arm."
 
I just smiled at him. My breath hitched, I found it a lot of work to breath. He must've noticed, there was extreme worry in his eyes.
 
"Yoona, I'm taking you to the hospital right now. Okay?", he said.
 
"Dont.  Dont want to leave this place. Please. Let me just die here.", I begged.
 
"Yoong. You're not going to die okay? I'll take you to the hospital." he said and with trembling hands he lifted me from the ground. Every word I uttered was really painful
 
"D-ont Hae. P-le-ase." I begged him again. He looked at my eyes and let me sit again beside him.
 
"I-s .. it okay if- *cough* I lay my h-head o-on y-your shoul-der?" I asked him. Even breathing became painful. 
 
"Of course. Dont leave me Yoong. Please.", he sobbed. I laid my head on his shoulder. 
 
"I'm s-sorry. I-I cant. " I said and for the last time I smiled at him. I closed my eyes.
 
Just then a white light flashed and pictures from my past flashed in my mind. My first day of school,the day I first saw Sica at the school playground, Hae's confession to me, our first kiss, our last kiss at the beach, my designs at the New York Fashion Show.
 
"Yoong. Dont leave me. Please. Dont. I love you." I heard his voice from afar. I opened my eyes and looked at him for the last time. He was holding my hand and tears were streaming from his eyes.
 
I was contented. Atleast he bothered to shed tears for me. Atleast I know that he wouldnt forget me. Atleast he loved me. I know he would cherish the times when we were together. I'm contented with that. Suddenly, I felt my soul separate from my body. 
 
I was floating but before I left,I glanced at him. He fixed his gaze at the sky. As if he could see me, I waved at him and whispered Goodbye.
 
                                                                                                        FIN.
 
 
A million thanks for those who stopped by to read my story. <3