Part of the Group

Mnet Mash Up

 

7:33 PM – …

The scene shows the Boyfriend members coming back to the practise room.

“It’s been three hours and Jenny hasn’t come back to the dorm yet, so we’re going to check up on her,” Hyunseong said in a concerned tone.

The members stood outside the practise room and looked inside through the monitor that they took from the PD.

The monitor showed you trying to do that part of the choreography and your upper body jerking as you covered your face after each failed attempt.

“Is she crying?” Dong Hyun had a worried look on his face.

Troubled by what was going on, Jeongmin opened the door and joined in the choreography with you. The other members quickly joined in and your dancing slowly went to a stop.

“What is this?” you looked at the members with puppy eyes.

“We’re a group,” Kwangmin patted you on the back, “let’s go again.”

You inhaled deeply and smiled but then you covered your face with your arm.

The scene switched to you doing the interview.

Why did you cry?

“I told myself that I wouldn’t cry when I couldn’t do that part of the choreography and I didn’t. I kept it inside,” you nodded your head.

“The thing that made me cry was when Kwangmin oppa said that we were a group and I think all my emotions just slapped me in the face,” you chuckled.

You cleared your throat and smiled, “It wasn’t like I felt left out before but it was very comforting to hear that when I was sad.”

You stared at the ground for a while before continuing, “I feel very appreciative and lucky to have joined Boyfriend for this show. Rather than feeling like they were being nice to me because I was a girl, they were being nice to me because I was a member of their group.”

The interview switches to Kwangmin.

Did you know that Jenny cried because of you?

Kwangmin’s eyes widened, “She did? She cried because of me? I didn’t know that…”

Kwangmin puffed up his cheeks, “I didn’t know she felt like that… Jenny must have felt upset that she was letting the group down… She didn’t let the group down though. She actually surprised us with her determination.”

The scene switches back to you in the practise room.

The members are huddled around you and chanted, “Don’t cry.”

You wriggled away from them, “Ah… don’t say that. I’ll cry even more.”

Stop it! You’re making us cry…

Youngmin put his arm around your shoulders, “You have been in here for nearly 8 hours. We’re here to help you out. If you stay here for another two days, we’ll stay here with you.”

“Argh… seriously, I’m going to cry!”

We are too!

Hyunseong grabbed your hand pulled you into another group hug.

The screen switches to Hyunseong doing the interview.

We caught you holding Jenny’s hand. Keke.

Hyunseong’s face went red as he shook, “No. No, it’s not like that! Ah, why are you saying it like that? Her fans are going to kill me!”

Then why were you holding hands? Kekeke…

“Why can’t a brother hold his sister’s hand?!” Hyunseong defended himself, “In all honesty, I am pretty sure it that it is just an oppa-dongsaeng relationship.”

We will believe you… Let’s see how Minwoo is going…

The scene shows Minwoo in the car by himself, doing a self cam.

“It’s been three days since ALPHA went and saw Kangta sunbaenim… and for the past three days, I have been lacking so much sleep…”

Minwoo smiled at the camera, exhausted but still smiling, “I have written the lyrics and I wanted to go by myself and get the tick of approval by Kangta sunbaenim before I could show the members.”

Minwoo flipped his hair, “To be honest, I felt more embarrassed in front of the ALPHA members than I did in front of Kangta sunbaenim because as their leader, I felt like I should be good at doing these things… be well rounded…”

He cocked his head to the side, “I really don’t understand how Jenny does it. She’s really amazing!”

Minwoo’s eyes widened, “Ah! That’s right. I forgot something; I have to go buy groceries. I used it as an excuse to go here so they won’t know that I went to the studio. I guess I’ll get dropped off at the supermarket while manager hyung give me lyrics and audio off at the studio and then pick me up when I finish buying the groceries and then meet my fate with Kangta sunbaenim.”

That is a very explicit plan.

4 PM – Minwoo gets dropped off at the supermarket.

The van drives away and Minwoo ran into the supermarket.

“How fast do you think it’ll take for manager hyung to go to SM headquarters and then back here?”

What exactly are you planning to buy? And how much are you planning to buy?

Minwoo headed off to the fruit and vegetable aisle.

“ALPHA is having their comeback soon we have to watch our weight. With that being said, as leader, I have to make sure that not only do they eat nutritiously, they have to eat deliciously.”

Don’t mind us; we’re just going to put a chef’s hat on you when we edit this…

A cartoon hat appeared on top of Minwoo’s head as he looked at the vegetables.

“I don’t have to worry about Shin Ah noona and Min Jung because they aren’t picky when it comes to eating fruit and vegetables.”

“Sammy noona likes eating beef so I’ll get her some lean meat…”

Minwoo patted his pockets, “I think I brought a writing pad with me.”

“Ah! Here it is,” Minwoo pulled out the writing pad from his back pockets.

He showed the camera the shopping list.

Shin Ah noona and Min Jung – Anything ^.^

Sammy noona – Meat! Meat! Meat!

So Yeon noona – Lots of colour. Tomatoes…

Ji Hae – Chicken =.=”

Minwoo quickly pulled the shopping list away, “Oh! Should I be revealing their diets like this? Oops… maybe we should film this part… can you just edit this all out so that we jump straight to me meeting Kangta sunbaenim.”

Aww… you are such a good leader, protecting your fellow members…

4:52 PM – Minwoo meets his fate as a songwriter

Minwoo rubbed his hands together as he walked down the corridor to the recording studio.

How will things go?

Minwoo took a deep breath before knocking onto the door. The door opened and Kangta smiled at Minwoo.

“Anneonghaseyo,” Minwoo bowed.

“We have a few things to discuss…”

“Neh, sunbaenim.”

Minwoo anxiously walked into the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Preview~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were in the dressing room taking slow deep breaths while the other members were putting on their mics.

Will Jenny succeed?

Boyfriends song started and the fans started cheering loudly.

 Or will she fail?

It shows you running down corridor backstage and covering your face.

Also, next week…

Kangta sat opposite Minwoo in the recording studio, “I know you can do better…”

Will things go wrong for both of them?