Chapter 2

Magnesium Iron Silicate Hydroxide

Chapter 2

 

Daehyun was happy. He was always happy, yes, but that wasn’t the point. There was finally some drama in his life! He totally has this class with this really pretty girl right after lunch and there was NO Yongguk to out shine him. He nodded to himself in a rather satisfied manner and ruffled his hair while checking himself out in a classroom window. Smirking in satisfaction, he hoisted his back pack up higher over his right shoulder and opened the door smoothly and stalking to the second to last row. Yoona sat on the left of the empty seat waiting for him, so she can see the left side of his face. The left side of his face is the good side; it looks a little bit manlier than the other. Yoona flashed him a smile and he smirked back coolly, dumping his backpack by the chair and sitting down in a cool way, because Daehyun even sits coolly.

“Hey hyung!”

Oh yeah, and not to forget the Jongup who was sitting tn his right. “Hi Jonguppie.” He gave his dongsaeng a toothy grin, “How did you get here before me?”

The younger rolled his eyes. “Hyung, you talk to every female on the way as long as they’re not unattractive. How can anyone get to class after you?”

Daehyun scowled and reached out to flick Jongup’s forehead for saying that when Yoona was right there, but the sly boy dodged and waved to her, getting her attention. She smiled at him and waved back, completely ignoring the about-to-hit-Jongup Daehyun. He gave Jongup the dirtiest look possible and made a noise of disgust at the low trick. How did that brat even know he liked her?!

Jongup informs him later that she’s the prettiest girl in the room and the last time Daehyun didn’t like the prettiest girl in the room was before he was able to properly count to 20.

Within no time, Daehyun set to his flirting while Jongup actually worked on his ceramics project.

“Are you going to the club tonight, Yoona?” Daehyun asked with a seemingly nonchalant tone.

“Yes actually.” She answered and gives a short laugh, “I’m assuming you are too. Yongguk and Jongup are known to miss but everyone knows Daehyun is always there.”

“That is correct, observant miss,” He winked, “You don’t happen to have a date do you?”

“Aaah actually, I do.” She giggles. “Sorry! Maybe next time”

“Ah… I’m jealous of the guy who gets to be your date tonight!” Daehyun’s histrionics come out suddenly, “I bet he isn’t as handsome as I am though.” He teased.

“I don’t know about that~” Yoona said in a sing-song voice while facing her work.

“Who is it? Did he ask you?” Daehyun asked with curiosity and a hint of indignation.

“No, I’m going to ask him. Kim Himchan.” She answered simply.

“Who’s that?” Daehyun turned to Jongup with a raised eyebrow.

The kid in front of Yoona spun around eyes open wide enough for his eyeballs to pop out. “Did you say Kim Himchan?!”

Jongup’s jaw went slack. How did he not notice him? Maybe because he had a hood over his blonde hair and sat in the row before him. But now that he turned, it was clear who it was, and Jongup didn’t know whether to be overjoyed or not, since he’s sure to slip up and Daehyun will endlessly.  He looked down, his lips self-consciously. It was Choi Junhong.

“Ye, Why?” Yoona asked with mild surprise.

Junhong suddenly realized that he just barged in on a conversation, and also realized who Yoona had been talking to.

“I- uh- nothing.” He stuttered and tried his best to avoid looking at HIS CRUSH who seemed to have taken an interest in staring at him. “Well, he’s just my friend and I didn’t know…” He laughed nervously and reverted to his energetic persona to avoid awkwardness.

Daehyun raised an eyebrow. “Oh. That Himchan. Isn’t he that one kid who studies a lot? Yahh Yoona, go with me instead! What are you doing with a nerd like that?” He laughed as if the blonde wasn’t sitting in front of him.

Junhong frowned and turned around immediately, not wanting to show how that had upset him. So they were nerds huh? They weren’t cool, being smart meant being uncool. There was no way he would ever even talk to Junhong in that case. Even though he tried to hide it, Jongup saw his bitter expression and the way he bit his lips seemed to convey his hurt. But he didn’t want to be creepy since he doesn’t know him, so he sank back to his work.

Yoona merely chuckled and shook her head, teasingly saying, “He’s smart, he’s mature, and he’s really good looking. You have only a third of that~”


 

“What?!” Himchan looked at Junhong as if he had grown another head. “Yoona? As in Im Yoona? The really pretty one?”

“Yeah. Are you happy she likes you?”

Himchan stared for a little while more. “Dude what the … I don’t even know her. I don’t actually TALK to anyone, you know.” Blowing hair out of his face, he collected his books and made his way to his car. “Need a ride?”

“Yes please.” Junhong answered meekly.

The car ride was silent, with the radio playing softly in the back ground. Junhong watched the traffic and buildings outside the window contemplatively, not initiating any conversation. At a particularly long red light, the absence of the lull of the car tires on the road was deafening, and that’s when Himchan decided to make a proposal.

“I’ll go with you to the club tonight…” The younger glanced at him with interest. “If you tell me who you’re crushing on.” Himchan finished with a mischievous grin.

Junhong bit his lip, knowing full well that he can’t keep anything from Himchan very long anyways. He bit his lip and hesitated for a few seconds.

“Jung Daehyun.”

Himchan nodded thoughtfully. “Jung Daehyun is a manwhore.”

“… He was trying to ask Yoona out to the club, but she said she was gonna ask you.”

Himchan snorted. “What a loser.”

The blonde pouted and Himchan smiled. Junhong had almost forgotten how accepting and nonjudgmental his hyung can be, but this was really one of the reasons that Junhong can tell him anything at all and not have to feel uncomfortable. His mother should learn some social etiquette from Himchan.

“Did she really ask you?”

“Yeah. In 4th hour. I told her I was gay.”

Junhong choked on his laughter. “What? She bought it? But you’re straight, hyung.”

Himchan shrugged and grinned. “She doesn’t know that.”


Himchan

Seriously, I don’t understand these things. I mean, yes, it does have a factor of driving away boredom but what does this even accomplish? If people really want to create awkward incidents due to drunken insanity, they should do that by themselves and not drag innocent bystanders into it. The music was hurting my rib cage, but Junhong is probably vibrating a lot more intensely, he’s practically about to shoot off the face of the earth with his potential energy.

“Let’s go look around.” I had to yell into his ear to be heard.

He nodded and dragged me in by my sleeve. I don’t know what is with him and my sleeves, but I swear all my jacket sleeves are lopsided because of the sleeve-pulling devil.


Yongguk

I stole Daehyun’s water and gulped down half the glass, standing there in boredom as the beat of the music flowed through my veins. “Bang, do you know a Kim Himchan?”

I covered my mouth and nearly sprayed the water everywhere. Gulping and choking, I turned to eye Daehyun oddly. “What?”

“Kim Himchan.” He repeated, taking no note of the fact that I almost died. “I could have gotten a date today if it wasn’t for him. And I don’t even know who he is!” He complained with a huff.

Jongup showed up then and wiggled his way between us. “Hyung got rejected for Kim Himchaaannn~” He sang.

“Kim Himchan?” I wiped my lip thoughtfully. “I don’t really know him, but I’d like to see who actually beat Jung Daehyun for a girl… Besides me.”

Jongup grinned. “He hangs out with the Junhong kid. I bet they’re here.”

Daehyun groaned. “I don’t want to meet him.”

“Scared he’s gonna get more girls than you are?” I snickered. Ha. What a loser.

“No. Shut up. I just don’t want to hang out with nerds.”

I scoffed at the lame excuse. “I get good grades. Maybe you should stop hanging out with me”

“Look, they’re actually here!” Jongup shut both of us up with the sentence and jerked his head in their direction.

Daehyun stared. “That’s Himchan and the kid? They look…”

“…Hot.”

Jongup gave me a strange look and shut my open jaw with his hand.


Relatively short chapter this time! I'm uploading what I have before I'm off for thanksgiving break to romp through a land of rainbows. Happy reading!