Chapter 1

Magnesium Iron Silicate Hydroxide

Chapter 1

 

“Daaaammmnn look at those legs.” Daehyun leaned back and stretched while ogling the girl walking across the lawn, puffing out his chest and casting his friend a side glance. The said friend looked up uninterestedly and turned back to playing some sort of game involving pain and quarters with a dongsaeng. As she approached, Daehyun cleared his throat and send her a flirtatious wink while flipping his blonde hair. She notices immediately and a small smirk spreads across her face.

“Hey cutie.” She stalks over and Daehyun casually slides up the wall from his previously sitting position so that he’s leaning against it nonchalantly. He grins and replies, “Heard about that party at the club? You don’t happen to be busy tonight, do you?

Her smirk spreads and her eyes flicker just so to the side before looking Daehyun up and down, replying casually, “If I’m lucky, I will happen to be.”

Encouraged, Daehyun assumed she was totally into him and the “If I’m lucky” was if Daehyun asks her to it. As he was about to gleefully continue reeling in the catch, she completely turns away from him to face Yongguk ( who is still playing a childish game with a child on the floor) and could be heard cursing under his breath as his knuckles smart.

“Oppa~” She purrs, “Are you going to the party tonight?”

Yongguk looks up and nods without giving much of an expression. This doesn’t seem to faze her at all and she continues, “Do you want to go with me? I’ll de-“

“No.” He confirms without a second glance and goes back to bullying Jongup, who was slightly distracted, staring off suspiciously in the direction of a giggling mess of long limbs at a nearby lunch table.

Her jaw hangs open a little with the unfinished sentence and she gapes, then turns on her heels and walks away with an offended expression, mumbling something to save her pride. Daehyun gaped at the elder, officially deciding that his friend was nuts. "H-how-! Why would you- what?!" He splutters while Yongguk shrugs nonchalantly, trying to get a picture of Jongup's drooling face with his new iPod later to with it. With another glance at what Jongup was staring at, the big bad Bang Yongguk froze solid, eyes catching a grinning figure at the same table who seems to be trying to hide his mirth at the pissed off, stomping female walking by.

"Seriously Guk-ah, you can have anyone you could possibly want since everyone wants you even if they don't say it. Why you still have no girlfriend or boyfriend or any ual escapades is beyond anyone in this world." Daehyun continues crossly at his aual friend.

But the elder is completely deaf to Daehyun’s rant, attention focused only on the styled mess of black hair, beautifully sculpted jaw, and the expression of boyish laughter carved on the striking features. A pause in the chattering drew his attention and he snapped out of it, mentally shrugging and disregarding the couple of seconds he had spent dazing off.

“What?” He asked the younger who was still staring at him with an accusing expression. Realizing he just missed whatever he said, he covered it up by teasing his friend with a playful roll of his eyes. “You’re just jealous because she asked me and not you.”

Daehyun threw a napkin at his face and groaned turning away to try to distract the youngest of the three, who was still staring and possibly drooling a little.

Bang Yongguk shook himself a little, wondering why that kid just draws his attention so much. Maybe it’s just his abnormal features… Yeah, that must be it. The first time he noticed the other boy, his eyes simply passed over him like everyone else. The second time he passed over him, he noticed his sharp features, but never thought much of it. When his sight found him again, he suddenly noticed how intriguing his features were. Surely the girls liked him a lot. He had a nice nose. And really nice lips when he pouted. And nice hair. And nice sharp eyes. And a REALLY nice jaw… and then Yongguk couldn’t stop himself from indulging on a few looks every now and then, as if he was a beautiful painting he didn’t own, but could see occasionally. It’s never happened to him before and he didn’t know what to think, so he didn’t think at all. For now, he’ll allow himself to observe – yes, it was only observing, like doing research – the dark-haired boy.


 

Kim Himchan pokes at his lunch half-heartedly as he rolls the various structures of enzymes around in his head for the biology test after lunch. A loud guffaw, blonde hair, and a flailing limb snapped him out of his reverie to avoid losing an eye.

“Shouldn’t you be studying?” He raised an eyebrow at the kid.

 “I don’t have a test like you~” He stuck his tongue out and continued reading the book he was holding.

"Hey... Isn't that Hyuna?" Himchan prodded Junhong, jerking his head toward the y girl flirting with the cool boys. Junhong snapped his head up to look. Himchan immediately tugged him back around. "Don't stare!! You're being conspicuous!" He hissed.

"I think she just got rejected, hyung..." The blonde giggled, still taking small peeks.

"Well she deserves it for being such a to us." Himchan mutters darkly, and smirks as she walks away with an offended expression. Junhong cracked a joke about her expression and the elder had to fight to keep his composure.

"Come on punk, I need to study. 

Junhong pouted and stuck his tongue out at his hyung. Himchan ignored the younger and carried on mumbling to himself.

"Hyung."

"Hyung."

"Hyung."

"Hyuuunngggg."

"What?!" Himchan groans at the annoying ball of sunshine. 

"Umm..." Junhong fidgeted as his annoyed hyung was staring him down, "Did you... Maybe... Hear about this thing ... That-"

"Spit it out!" Himchan commanded in exasperation and slight amusement. He could tell already what his dongsaeng was going to ask about, he was really too easy to read.

"Well you know about the thing tonight at the club?” Junhong asked meekly, wishing he hadn't.
Himchan raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, who doesn't? Why?"

"Are you maybe gonna go?" He looked down, afraid of being chided."

"What?" Himchan asked with a wrinkled forehead, "You never show interest in these things... Why this one?"

At a loss of words, Junhong made several attempts at talking, but only made himself blush and splutter. Himchan, ever the analyzer, narrowed his eyes and stared his dongsaeng down. “Don’t tell me… you have a crush?”

He smirked triumphantly at the absolutely mortified expression plastered on Junhong’s face, still a nice rosy shade of red. Himchan patted his head like a proud mother and sank back contentedly into his seat. “Ahhh my baby is all grown up!” He cooed with a playful grin and the blonde sat there meekly, not intending for his hyung to find out this way. The truth was that he wasn’t crushing on a girl at all; his crush was a boy. He and Himchan had never had this conversation before, so the younger didn’t know how Himchan would react to it. Knowing his sweet hyung however, he was surely going to have no problems with it. He admired Himchan a lot, for his mellow personality and insight into many things; he didn’t seem at all like the type of person to judge. However, there was enough embarrassment for right now, and Junhong wasn’t going to spill anything else.

The bell rang and there was a flurry of activity across the courtyard and cafeteria. Himchan plopped his garbage and half-finished lunch into the trash and the dongsaeng trailed after him faithfully. 

 

“What building are you going to, hyung?” Junhong asked as they wove through the people.

“The arts building. I have my music credit to do still, and it’s annoying because all the people are stupid.” Himchan answered with a sigh. He was usually in a much better crowd, since his other classes include none of the ridiculously stupid s in this school. Junhong hummed in sympathy and wrinkled his nose. “I’m always stuck with the stupid s since I’m a sophomore and have a lot more classes that I need to take with the general public. But it looks like we’re going to the same place. I have art class.”

“One more year and you’ll be free.” Himchan chuckled and hoisted his bag over his shoulder again. “Well, that’s my class. See ya later.”

The blonde waved and slipped into his classroom with a much happier expression than the elder. This was the only class he has with his “crush”, as Himchan calls it. But Junhong thought that sounded extremely girly and would much rather call him the “hot guy”. Honestly, it wasn’t as if he even knew him, but he was very much attracted to his pretty face and air of confidence. On many occasions, his jokes cracked in the middle of the class sent the entire class into stiches, including Junhong. And that was how it was. The young blonde couldn’t help but want to be his friend, want to hang out with him or sit closer to him or have his attention, like a moth drawn to a very bright light. And so our little moth fluttered a little closer to his light every so often, still yet to work up the courage to actually talk to him.


 

The kids were loud. The lights were bright, and Youngjae just wanted to go home. There was nothing to do here anymore, and this was the class with less discipline, so students were free to roam most of the time. Free to roam meant free to snicker and jab as well, and more likely than not, Youngjae was at the end of these. Of course, today, the bully had decided to announce to everyone that Youngjae had finally realized how he had ridiculous ducky lips and the reason he was faced down on his desk over his arms was not because he was trying to sleep, but because he was ashamed of his ugly features and had a crush on Bang Yongguk. Youngjae bit his lip and pretended to be asleep so he wouldn’t have to respond or acknowledge it. Whoever was paying attention chortled and someone said, “Yongguk! Another admirer huh? We’re so jealous!” in a sarcastic tone, laden with laughter. Yongguk turned around dramatically and gave the boys an exaggeratedly confident smirk. “I’m perfect, that’s why.”

Half the population of girls could be heard swooning and someone slapped him on the back. “That's ridiculous... How dare this Youngjae even think of Yongguk sunbae that way!” A very unattractive girl with 5 pounds of make up on her face snickered to her friends rather loudly. Youngjae scowled and raised his head up a fraction. “I don’t ing like that .” He growled while glaring at the gossipers.

Yongguk spun around again with a frown. He usually found more entertaining things to do than to bully his peers’ new target of the year, but he certainly was NOT an , and should not be called such by a person with no authority or status. “Yah! What did you just call me?” He shoved Youngjae’s hooded head sharply, but not harshly. Still, the class OOOOHed at the cool gesture.

Youngjae, now knocked off his arm-pillow, was thoroughly threatened now, all of his spunk used up. No one messes with Bang Yongguk, and he didn’t know what exactly was about to go down. The fierce male was intimidating indeed, with his low growling voice.

“Bang Yongguk. Get off your ing high horse and leave the kid alone.” A very annoyed (and almost as low) voice commanded. Yongguk frowned and looked over his shoulder to see a very bored and slightly exasperated Himchan plop into his seat like a tired old man coming home from work, not even sparing them a second glance. Youngjae had frozen in his position, not sure what was going to happen. Kim Himchan was a weird character; he didn’t know him that well. A couple girls had an offended expression on their faces, spluttering in indignation. How dare that nerd talk to THE Bang Yongguk that way?! Yongguk would have snapped and showed him who was boss here. If it had been anyone else but Kim Himchan. This Kim Himchan had tied Yongguk’s tongue together, with his uninterested yet commanding voice. He wasn’t looking for a fight at all, and Yongguk found it hard to fight with someone like that. He’s met plenty of teachers and authority figures with more childish ends than Kim Himchan. Before Yongguk can lose his face by staying silent, or his rationale, the teacher emerged from the storage closet with a big box and commanded him to help him set it on the side of the room since he was standing up. Wordlessly, Yongguk obliged without sparing Youngjae a backward glance. The glance was given to Himchan instead, and so was many more after that, unnoticed by the receiver and not intended at all by the giver.

The class dismissed it as the teacher’s bad timing, but Youngjae didn’t think so. He was unbiased toward Yongguk and saw that the kid definitely had something going on with Himchan. He’s never seen the kingka back down to anyone, especially one who challenged or tried to force their authority over him, even if they were a teacher.

Who was Kim Himchan indeed?


How's the length? too short or okay? Who do you think Zelo has a crush on? hmmmm.

Hope you liked it! feel free to criticize and give me feed back or rant or spazz or what not. Hope you enjoyed!

Ahah, and the story title will make sense at the end. It's of no significance to the story, just a little play on words that would be cute.