I Love You

I Regret...

 

My name is Jessica. I have a boyfriend. He likes to play basketball, he joined basketball club. His name is Kris. He often teaches me how to play basketball.­­

One day, he told me that he can’t date with me. He said that there are basketball club activities.

I came to see him but he doesn’t know that I came to see him. I want to make him surprised.

I thought he was doing activities in the club. But, he teaches another girl besides me to play basketball. He looks really happy when he teaches her. He’s lying. Why? I thought he never lies to me. But now, my heart felt really hurt…

He didn’t love me anymore? Did he like that girl?

I called Kris to meet me in the park. And then, Kris came.

“Kris, why do you lie? Who is that girl? Do you like her and you don’t love me anymore?” I said with teary eyes. I felt hurt. Did he lie to me all the time? Did he lie when he said he loves me? It’s hurt when someone I trust lie to me…

“No… I still love you” he said.

“You lie!” I said and ran to home.

At home, I closed my room door and sit on my bed. I hugged my teddy bear and cried. How come the person I love lied to me? My phone rings. Kris called me. But I didn’t answer. He sends me a message me but I didn’t answer.

***

I love Kris and I want he doesn’t look to other girls, I want him to only look at me… is it too greedy?

I remember when the first time we met…

I want to go to my friend’s house, suddenly there was a basketball bounces towards me and almost hit my head. I shout because I’m scared.

“Aaahh!” I shout.

“Are you okay?” a boy came and take the basketball.

“Yes…” I said.

“You scared with ball?”

“It’s hurt when it’s hit my head, I always get a bad score for basket” I said. He laughs because of what I said.

“It’s not funny! Stop laughing!” I said.

“Sorry.. But if you want, I can teaches you how to play basketball. So you wouldn’t get a bad score anymore” he said.

“Thanks, what is your name?” I asked.

“My name is Kris, and you?”

“I’m Jessica, nice to meet you” I said.

I remember the first time he said he loves me. So when he said that, did he lie to me?

It was Valentine day. I want to give the chocolate I made by myself to Kris because he always helped me. I want to say thank you.

“Kris this is the chocolate I made for you, I want to say thank you because you always help me” I said to Kris.

“Thanks” he said. And then he eats the chocolate.

I’m curious, what did it taste? Is it yummy? Or maybe not. This is the first time I made chocolate by myself.

“Is it yummy?” I asked him. And then he gives me some of the chocolate. I eat it.

“It’s sweet” I said. He nodded and says

“I love you, do you want to be my girlfriend?” he said. I blushed and I say “yes”.

I think it’s not a lie.. But… my eyes began teary when I remember that. I cried.

***

I haven’t seen Kris for a day. I wonder what is he doing now. I miss him, I love him and I want to meet him. I haven’t seen my phone for a day because yesterday I don’t want to answer Kris’s call.

When I see it, there are 100 missed calls and 87 messages. It’s all from Kris. my eyes began teary. I call Kris. But he doesn’t answer. I kept calling Kris and he didn’t answer. The 10th call, he answers.

“Kris?”

“I.. I want to meet you, I.. I l..o..ve y..o..u”

“Where are you Kris?”

A different person said she is a girl.

“Please come to the hospital now, Kris wants to meet you” she said.

I hung up and ran to the hospital. I arrived at the hospital.

“Where is Kris?” I said.

“Are you Jessica?” a girl asked to me.

“Yes” I said.

“I want to talk to you” she said.

***

“This, this is from Kris. I have to give it to you… Kris is in surgery right now” she said while giving me a letter from Kris.

Dear Jessica,

Are you still mad to me? I’m sorry… Actually I had a disease that has no cure.

I don’t want to make you worried so I didn’t tell you.

I teach my cousin to play basketball because maybe I can’t play basketball again but I want someone became a champion for me. I know you don’t like basketball so I didn’t asked you to became the champion.

I don’t lie, I just don’t want you to know…

But sorry if I hurt your feelings…

About my feelings, I love you… It’s not a lie and it will never change…

I want to meet you and have a date like before. I’m sorry I can’t date with you because I have to teach my cousin.

Make more chocolate for me, I like it…

Thank you…

I cried. I regret…

The doctor came from the operation room.

“I’m sorry, it can’t be helped” he said.

I fall to the floor and I cried really hard.

“KRIS! DON’T LEAVE ME KRIS!” I shout.

“Before the surgery, Kris said to me” said the doctor.

“Did my girlfriend come?” he asked.

“Yes, her name is Jessica right?” the nurse asked and Kris smile.

“Ask her did she still mad to me? Said that I’m sorry and I love you” he said and he closed his eyes and then the doctor started the surgery.

When I heard that, I cried more hard. If I don’t mad at him, if I’m not greedy, maybe he still beside me…

I regret…

***

A year later… 6 November…

I hope Kris always happy. I love you. Happy Birthday. I made chocolate for you…

***