Chapter 20

A May-December Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His two pals were more than devastated when he announced his plan to move out of the university hall of residence. Both the foreign student and D.O. sat cross legged on the floor, staging a less-than-silent protest as Sehun packed his belongings.

“Does Kai know yet?” Tao asked, automatically removing each piece of clothing that his friend put into the large duffel bag next to the Chinese boy.

Pausing, Sehun had to admit that updating Kai had slipped his mind and fibbed, “I haven’t seen him on Skype for so long.”

D.O cradled some of Sehun’s toys hoping the latter wouldn’t notice, “Liar liar pants on fire. You’ve just been preoccupied with your new girlfriend.” Tao let out a wolf whistle to punctuate D.O’s sentence.

“Remember what you said the next time you guys disappear because of some girl,” Sehun warned, hoping to fling the same accusation back whenever the opportunity arose. “Huang Zitao, leave the clothes in the bag.”

“So your room is going to be vacant?”

When Amber first extended the invitation for him to stay with her, Sehun had been over the moon. It had definitely taken away the sting of her admission that she had not told anyone that they were dating, even though deep down, he recognised that it was completely natural - he had not been completely honest with his own friends too. She had also suggested that Sehun keep his dorm room, it could serve as a sanctuary for him whenever he needed some alone time like during exams. Yet the boy wondered whether she was doubtful of whether they could live together - she wouldn’t feel so bad for tossing him out on the streets if he still had somewhere to stay.

“Yes, but this doesn’t mean you can wreck my room,” The students had each other’s spare keys.

“Aw, I thought we would throw a party tonight,” D.O shrugged - he was just trying his luck.

The Chinese boy slapped D.O on the back. “You are an idiot, why did you tell him?”

Sehun snatched his toys back and D.O groaned. “Can’t you leave me one of your Gundam figurines? To remember you by?”

This earned poor D.O another smack on his head, “Stop being so drama. I see you in every class, D.O, our course is the same.”

“Your phone is ringing!” Tao announced the obvious when Sehun’s mobile started vibrating.

“Hi!” Even seeing Amber’s name on the caller id left a smile on his face. “Yes, my room is C317.” The boy said as he grabbed another toy away from the hapless D.O.

The door was open so the woman just walked in at this very point in time, startling the three boys, two of whom were looking at her with gaping mouths. Although a baseball cap was perched off-kilter on her head, the oversized chunky-knit pullover that fell off one shoulder to reveal a lacy bra strap and tailored pants tucked into boots did not comprise an outfit that their fellow female peers would wear. No university girl looked like this.

“Hi Sehun, I thought I come earlier to see whether I can help with anything ...” She started to say and trailed off when she noticed the other boys.

“Why, hello boys.” Amber froze in mid step, the beginnings of a blush evident on her cheeks.
Tao and D.O just continued to gawk at her, like the idiots they could be, “Morons! Keep your mouths close,” Sehun hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter