Chapter 02 - Reunion?

One Mistake (DISCONTINUED)


Sungyeol’s POV:

“Remember, if you start feeling unwell call us through your cellphone immediately, ok?
My mother reminded me for nth time this morning.

“Yes, yes I got it already mother,” I reassured her for the nth time that day, rolling my eyes at her fussiness. “Stop straightening my tie, it’s straight enough already.”

“Alright, alright. I’m going to work now.” She said as she grabbed her purse and  walked out the door. "Are you sure you guys don't need a ride?"

"N-" "Yes." I cut Daeyeol off before he could finish his response to which earned me a glare.

"Ok then since today's Sungyeol's special day, his wish will be fulfilled." She responded with a smile while Daeyeol groaned in frustration.

"Oh, remember to lock the door when you leave!” She reminded as she walked towards the elevator.

Daeyeol and I waved goodbye until she disappeared behind the elevator doors. Grabbing my bag off the coffee table and checking once more that I’ve got everything, I turn towards Daeyeol.

“Ready to go?”

“Yeah, yeah.”

Locking the door behind me, I walked over to the elevator where Daeyeol was. When the door finally opened we stepped through and Daeyeol quickly pressed the ‘1’ button. Just as the door was about to shut, a familiar tanned hand stopped it from closing. On instinct the doors opened up again, and he walked in casually talking into the phone.

“Yes, yes I’m coming...no, I am not still in bed,” he repeated reassurances into the phone. “Aw come on Sunggyu just wait for me it’s not gonna be long, I’m in the elevator right now.”

It didn’t seem Sunggyu took that information very well because the next thing I knew Woohyun stuffed his phone into his blazer pocket and sighed.

“Did you just get rejected Woohyun?” I asked knowing full well what the answer was going to be.

“Well you could say that, Sunggyu said he was going to be late for the student council meeting so he decided to take the bus.” he answered while pressing the button ‘G1’. “Say, do you two need a lift to school?”

Before I could answer, Daeyeol nodded his head frantically. Woohyun laughed and ruffled Daeyeol’s hair to which Daeyeol groaned.

“No one can resist an offer from Namstar right?”

“No one except Sunggyu.” I remarked, sticking my tongue out as he fake sobbed at my comment.

______________________________________________________________________

As the car came to a halt on the side of the street, Daeyeol jumped off, said goodbye and ran towards the familiar Middle school building. When I tried to get out of the car however, Woohyun grabbed my wrist. I turned my head and raised my eyebrows.

“Hey, if you start feeling sick call me and I’ll come pick you up ok?” Woohyun says concerned.

“I’m going to be fine, I’ve recovered ages ago remember? Anyway you’ll have school too so I’d rather not call you.”

“Well, you know I don’t mind skipping,” his lips quirked up for a second. “But seriously, I’m coming to pick you up after school ok?”

“Yeah sure do whatever you want, I gotta get going now.” I muttered as I pulled my arm out of his grip and stepped off the car.



With a nod he was off, leaving me to face my first day of school after two years. Walking through the gates of the high school, I hoped I didn’t stand out like a sore thumb but realizing I had worn my collection of earrings I mentally kicked myself. Great, now people would probably think I’m a show off.

Stepping inside the building I gulped, not really knowing where to go. Reaching into my pocket I reached for the letter the school had sent me. Reading through it again I found that I was in class 2-B, which I guessed was on the second floor. I was focusing on my paper so much I didn’t realize someone was tapping my arm until I turned around, coming face to face with a long haired girl.

“Hey do you need any help? You look a bit lost.” She asked, while her group of friends behind her was smiling and giggling at something. I nodded my head which seemed to cause more giggles from the girls.

“Oh my gosh, he’s the shy type, cute!”  I heard one of them whisper to another. Feeling uncomfortably awkward I felt myself blush a little. Just great.

“Don’t mind them, they’re just immature. What class are you in?” The main girl asked batting her eyelashes which suddenly reminded me of some of the girls in the “Myungjong” group.

“Uhh, 2-B?” I mumbled, wanting to make a mad dash towards the staircase.

“Oh! That’s next to my class, I’ll show you there. Come on!”

Before I could retort, she dragged me by my left arm towards the staircase I had been staring at, her group of friends following closely behind us.

"Well, this is class 2-B," she pointed to the wooden sign above the door. "If you need any more help I'll be glad to assist, I'll be next door, so pop by if you need anything."

"Thank you." I bowed as she left towards her class, her friends whispering to her. Sighing I turned the doorknob of the wooden door of my classroom and swung it open. I was greeted with most of my classmates staring at me as I walked towards a desk facing the window.

As soon as I settled down, I ignored the staring and whispering and looked out the window which faced the tennis courts and the back field of the middle school.

I don't know how many minutes passed but just as I was about to get a novel out of my bag the classroom door opened. Curious I looked up just in time to see the one face I hadn't expected to see so soon.

Kim freaking Myungsoo.

Not wanting him to see me I quickly turned back towards the window, hoping he wouldn't recognize me. I stared at the clouds trying to seem like I was interested in what I was doing, I thought all was over until I heard the chair behind me scrape against the floor.

It took all my will not to head bang against my desk.


Myungsoo POV:

I open the classroom door my sneakers squeaking against the linoleum floor. Stepping inside, I go towards the two empty desks next to the window that looked out onto the fields of the middle school, I dump my bag on the floor and sit on the chair, facing the front of the room. A boy with longish brown hair tied in a ponytail and lots of piercings in his ear was sitting in front of me gazing out of the window, although his face was covered by his long side fringe I had a feeling this guy was a thinker and wouldn’t be much of a talker.

Shifting in my seat I spot Hoya in the corner and wave him over, he grins at me and walks over slapping my back...hard.

“So tell me about your holiday,” he asks.

“Well, I didn’t really do anything, I just hung around with Sungjong, how was yours?”

“You know, just went to Jeju Island with my family and Dongwoo.”

“What? Dongwoo actually agreed to go?” I ask surprised, after all Dongwoo never goes on dates with Hoya when his parents are involved.

“Yeah, my parents gave me permission to ask one of my close friends to come over with me so I wouldn’t be lonely.”

“Why didn’t you ask me? I’m one of your closest friends!”

“Same as Sungjong, and you know why I chose Dongwoo” Hoya rolls his eyes at me before continuing on, “plus I wouldn't want to disturb the two lovebirds, would I?”

“Yeah, yeah whatever Hoya.” I punch him on the shoulder, before asking him the question I’ve been itching to ask.

“Hey do you know who that guy is? He seems new or something.” I whisper in Hoya’s ear. He shrugs, scratches his head and then saunters up to the guy. The guy turns to face him confused, Hoya grins at him and starts making conversation.

“Hey babe, what’s your name?”

Hiding behind his long fringe the guy sinks into his seat, not answering Hoya’s question. Seems like someone is shy. Hoya seemed to connect two and two together because he hurriedly says,

"Oh, don't worry you're not my type, you're a bit on the girly side for me, and plus I already have a boyfriend.”

Not wanting to bother the boy any longer, I drag Hoya over towards me.

“Hoya, seriously is that how you make conversation to every stranger, ‘hey babe’?”

“Hey that was an icebreaker, it worked on Dongwoo so why can’t I use it on another person?”

“Because you have a boyfriend, and you're not trying to flirt with him?”

"It's how I am L, you can't make me change who I am." Hoya said with a shrug.

"You'll want to change when Dongwoo breaks up with you because of that behavior."

"Dongwoo's going to break up with Hoya?" A familiar light voice inquired from behind me. Whipping my head around I came face to face with Sungjong who was settling down onto a seat. Leaning back on my chair I tilt my head up, expecting Sungjong to give me what I wanted. Sungjong gave me a look and didn't seem to get what I meant so I pointed to my lips, giving him a smile.

"No, L here thinks I'm gonna get dumped if I keep being myself around people." Hoya answered taking Sungjong's attention away from me. I frowned, and tried to make a move on Sungjong instead. Just as I leaned forward he slumped back into his seat.

"I think you will lose Dongwoo if you don't tone down your flirting." He retorted while I gave a groan.

"What is wrong with you this morning Myungsoo? You're acting really weird." Sungjong asked resting his head on his palm, blinking innocently, a small smirk forming.

Narrowing my eyes at him, the classroom door opens revealing my homeroom teacher, who briskly walks in, placing his folder and his mug of steaming hot coffee onto the table.

“Well, guess I better go to my own class now.” Sungjong muttered, getting up from his chair, and sneaked out from the back door. Hoya was already back to his seat by the time I turned towards the front again. The guy in front of me had stopped staring out the window and was now staring at the teacher instead.

______________________________________________________________________

The homeroom teacher, Mr Yoo took a sip of his black coffee, he could never fathom why the other teachers talk about how great it was, not only did it taste like burnt cardboard but it was already his second cup and he had not felt any miraculous ‘tingle’ or ‘zap’ that was supposed to make him less tired. Taking another sip, he scanned across the room, waiting for the students to settle down before he started the roll call. His eyes landed on a boy in the front row, sitting by the window who was staring right back at him.

He must be the new kid. Mr Yoo thought to himself. He looked through his folder and found that the kid’s name was Lee Sungyeol and he had been home-schooled for the past two years. Checking his watch, he decided he should get the class started and introduce Sungyeol.

Sungyeol stared at his teacher Mr Yoo as his name tag indicated (he was glad this school decided to give their teacher’s name tags since it’s so much easier for the students), Mr Yoo had took one look at him and started flipping through his folder. Sungyeol wrung his hands together nervously, he knew that Sungjong was not in his class but was most likely going to return at lunch time. Excluding Myungsoo or was it “L” there were some other students that knew him from middle school, some of which probably noticed him by now.

Mr Yoo cleared his throat, Sungyeol took that as an indication that class was about to start and from the reaction by his fellow classmates they did too.

“Alright guys quiet down and let’s get through this roll check as fast as possible, but before we do as many of you have noticed, we have a new student amongst us today.” As soon as Mr Yoo announced that Sungyeol could feel pairs of eyes staring at him. Sungyeol kept facing the front waiting for Mr Yoo to tell him to introduce himself.

“Alright, why don’t you stand up and introduce yourself?” Mr Yoo asked Sungyeol, smiling gently trying to calm the boy down as the boy looked like he was going to have a panic attack, the boy’s large eyes now burning a hole through his head.

Sungyeol stood up slowly, he felt like he was going to have one of his anxiety attacks, his tie now felt too tight around his neck. Taking a deep breath he calmed himself down after all there was nothing to be nervous about, he was the one that had wanted to come back to school so he was not going to back down now. Taking his gaze away from Mr Yoo, he turned and stared at the students around the room, starting to introduce himself,

“Hi...my name is Lee Sungyeol, this is my first time back in school after two years. I used to go to the middle school beside here and I’m sure some of you may remember me. I hope we have a great year.” He stared at Myungsoo as he finished off and couldn't help but feel giddy at the priceless expression on Myungsoo's face. He bowed and sat back down into his seat, the class instantly filled with whispers.

Myungsoo gaped at the back of Sungyeol’s head, well the guy who claimed to be Lee Sungyeol, and kinda, sorta, resembled Sungyeol. He had Sungyeol’s big expressive droopy eyes, Sungyeol’s small lips, and his non-existent eyebrows, but gone were Sungyeol’s chubby cheeks (Myungsoo knew it had been gone before Sungyeol left school but he thought Sungyeol would get it back), Sungyeol was also taller now, his hair longer, natural black hair dyed brown. Plus he seemed to have gotten a gazillion piercings on his left ear, showcasing the stylish earrings.

Myungsoo had been waiting for Sungyeol to come back for so long, he had tried to call Sungyeol’s home phone after that random call from Sungyeol but he couldn’t even get through. Myungsoo had known by then that Sungyeol’s mother had forbidden Sungyeol to come in contact with Sungjong and him. He later went over to Sungyeol’s apartment and the neighbour had told him that they had moved.

After answering ‘yes’ when Mr Yoo called his name, Myungsoo returned back to his thoughts, he had so much to say to Sungyeol, about how sorry he was and how much of a jerk he was for not being there when Sungyeol needed him the most. He had felt guilty and depressed the first few weeks after he found out Sungyeol’s family had moved and it took Sungjong a few weeks after to finally stop him from drowning in self loathe.

A sudden noise brings Myungsoo back to reality. He turns around and Dongwoo is seated next to him, breath slightly shallow.

“Am I late?” Dongwoo whispers loudly.

A slight cough makes both Myungsoo and Dongwoo turn their heads towards the front, facing an unamused teacher. Dongwoo gulps loudly and fidgets with his fingers.

“Mr Jang, you are certainly very late,” the teacher answers.

“Thank you for informing me sir...” Dongwoo said sheepishly, and in a few seconds the class was filled with laughter.

“No problem Dongwoo, I’ll just have a few minutes of your time after school then.” Mr Yoo said with a slight smirk. He knew Dongwoo was trying to get on his good side but the kid’ll have to try harder.

Dongwoon blushed; the pink tint reaching to his ears. Myungsoo whispers in Dongwoo’s ear, “Next time take the bus.” Dongwoo nods and shushes him and nods towards Mr Yoo, indicating that Mr Yoo was again starting his roll call, and without another disturbance they had finished it.

"Okay guys, your English teacher is coming in soo-" the ringing of the bell cuts Mr Yoo off.

"Well there you go, I'll see you all in period 4."

Mr yoo exits through the door while a teacher with a bristle mustache and a grey tweed suit comes through the door coughing. He stares at the class with a cold look and puts down his folder with a thud, grabbing the chalk he starts his lesson.

"Okay, let's start off with the basics- greetings and manners," the teacher says in English.

Myungsoo scans across the room, the same expression etched onto his classmates face; confusion and annoyance. Myungsoo sighs and flips to a new page, noting down the teachers notes on the blackboard.

Can’t believe we’re stuck with him the whole year.

____________________________________________________________________

The chatter slowly reduces leaving the classroom silent, Sungyeol sighed in relief; glad all his classmates decided not to eat in the classroom. He reached into his bag pulling out his red lunchbox, opening the lunch box he reveals the kimbap he had prepared this morning. He took a small bite out of the kimbap, mind wandering to Myungsoo. Sungyeol had felt giddy when he saw Myungsoo’s face but he didn’t feel giddy anymore, he felt worried and nervous, Sungyeol knew he had to face Myungsoo and Sungjong again and apologize to them properly, but how would he do that? Just as Sungyeol was thinking of a way to say sorry to Myungsoo and Sungjong. The door clatters open and a figure steps inside, reaching towards Sungyeol.

“Hey have you seen where Kim Myungsoo went? Because I told him I would eat here in his-” Sungjong's words still hanging onto his lips, mouth dropping open at the sight of Sungyeol. “S-s-sungyeol, is that you?”

Sungyeol awkwardly stares back at the befuddled Sungjong and nods. “Y-yeah it’s me, Sungyeol.”

Sungjong tried to stop gaping at Sungyeol but he couldn’t help it. It had been over 2 years since he had a proper conversation with Sungyeol. Taking a deep breath he marched toward Sungyeol.

Seeing Sungjong suddenly coming towards him, Sungyeol backed up into the window behind him, mouth going dry as he frantically tried to think of something to say that would spare him from Lee Sungjong’s wrath.

Skinny arms enveloped him in a bone crushing hug, Sungyeol froze in his seat but hesitantly wraps his own arms around Sungjong;embracing him.

It seemed like forever but finally Sungjong pulled away and sat himself down on the chair opposite Sungyeol’s.

“Wow, I didn’t even realize it was you this morning. You changed so much!” Sungjong pointed out as he took out his packed lunch.

Sungyeol laughs awkwardly and picks up a kimbap, nibbling on it while indulging in the silence. The scrape of the chair wakes him up from his daze, Sungjong smiles apologetically. "Sorry I have to go for a moment, Myungsoo is probably worried sick. I'll leave my lunch in your care though since I'll be back."

 

Smiling bitterly he waves goodbye to Sungjong. When he hears the door close, he sighs and packs up his lunch; appetite suddenly gone. The door suddenly swings open, revealing a person he did not want to see. The figure smirks, stepping into the classroom while crossing his arms.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here, Lee Sungyeol?"

___________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

Hey guys! Finally updated, sorry for keeping you waiting... had this saved onto the computer but never got the chance to post it up due to being on holiday. Well hope you enjoy this fail chapter and thank you all to our subscribers for waiting~

Happy 2013! 

-A