Encounter

That One Moment

 

“Thank you! See you soon!” I said while waving and smiling brightly to everyone who attended the celebration for my promotion as the new head of the training department. I was really happy that my hard work paid off for the past 2 years has been recognized. My parents were so ecstatic when I broke the news to them and as always, my younger brother was a bit crazy and funny. He told me that I need to buy him many things since my salary is higher now.

As soon as I reached my room, I threw myself at my bed but then something caught my eye.

 

A red dragon plushie was sitting comfortably on my wing chair. I slowly rise up from my bed and pick the plushie. I don't know why but the moment I saw the dragon's cute face, I immediately smiled thinking how lucky I was to have it. It was beyond my imagination.

 

~ ~ ~Flashback~ ~ ~

“I can't wait! I can't wait!” my friend Lucy was literally screaming while we were waiting in-line for the EXO meet and greet event. I'm also so excited but I try to keep calm and scream in my head.

When most of the fans have settled on their respective seats, the room was suddenly filled with music.

“Listen, 느낄 수 있니? 내 심장이 뛰지를 않아

(My heart be breakin’)

분한 마음에 울어도 보고 소리 질러 “하!” 외쳐도 봤어

(My pain be creepin’) “

I didn't stopped myself from screaming like my friend Lucy at that time because I know I am so close in seeing EXO in person. Just right after the song, the wide screen immediately started playing their intro. “This is it” I mumbled to myself. They appeared one by one according to the names shown on the video. Lucy was jumping from her seat, waving her light stick and screaming “Baobei” all at the same time. While I was frozen, smile plastered on my face and staring at the boys with D.O eyes O.O.

“We are One!” said the boys in chorus.

They went off with their introduction. Starting from Kris, Chanyeol, D.O, Sehun, Lay, LuHan, Kai, Suho, Chen, Xiumin, Baekhyun and Tao finishing it with his famous “bbuing bbuing” aegyo. Lucy cannot contain her happiness seeing her "baobei" Tao doing aegyo live.

The host started asking them questions and they answered them with more confidence than their previous live interviews. The MC then look at the audience and said ”Now, I know all of you guys don't have any idea about this. As a way of saying thank you to all their fans here, EXO are giving out some very cute little plushies..." pointing at the long table. "Which will be given to 12 very lucky fans during the fansign later on. The EXO members themselves will choose who will they give it to. So good luck and may you have these plushies!” As the MC finished his script, we were shocked, giddy and nervous because the place is filled with 408 fan girls excluding me and Lucy. “I may be here but I'll probably never get even one plushie from them.” I thought to myself. “Hey, are you okay? Did you hear that?! They are giving those plushies to us! Of course, I want that panda plushie or the baozi plushie or the giraffe plushie!” Lucy is spazzing again while I was spacing out. I've never had this feeling especially on an event like this. It was odd.

They called the fans by hundreds according to their ticket numbers so that means, 1-100, 101-200, 201-300, 301-400 and 401-500. Unfortunately or fortunately, Lucy and I got the 411th and 412th tickets. We waited for about an hour until they called us but before that, 9 plushies were already given out. Lay's Unicorn plushie was the first one to be given out to a very pretty girl. Next was the yummy D.Oughnut plushie, the weird but tasty looking Baecon plushie, LuHan's deer plushie that can be put up as a Christmas decoration, Suho's white angel plushie, a microphone plushie with a Chen name tag on like the mics that they use in Music Core, Kai's radio plushie while SeHun gave his ice cream plushie in exchange for a box of chocolates handed to him by a fan. Sadly, my friend's beloved baozi plushie has also been given out to the girl with cheeks as fluffy like Xiumin.

Nonetheless, Lucy is still very optimistic about everything since the panda, dragon and the giraffe plushies are still up for grabs. My heart was beating madly as the ticket holders from 401-500 line up. I was holding the 412 ticket and I thought that maybe I can have one plushie since my lucky number was 12.

My friend Lucy happily jumped on the stairs because Tao was the first member to greet us and what happened next was totally unbelievable. Tao gave his precious panda plushie to Lucy. I was very happy to see all the ruckus happening to my friend and the other fans. The cute thing was when Lucy moved away from Tao hugging the panda plushie into the other members, Tao pouted and jokingky reached for the plushie since he can't have the panda plushie anymore while looking at Lucy at the same time. Cute!

I greeted Tao with my very little Chinese and then the other members. Then I was facing Chanyeol in no time, I was really hoping for that giraffe plushie but Lucy will kill me if I would have it. He smiled and greeted me with his low voice full of enthusiasm. He skillfully signed the CDs that I bought, said thanks and passed it on Kris. I didn't have the chance to ask the members since I was freaking out on my own. I was starstruck. Kris on the other hand, smiled at me which is a habit that he has nowadays, said "Hello" and took the CDs, then he asked “What's your name?” I was startled but answered “_______” Then he wrote down my name and instead of the usual signature, he wrote other things I cannot decipher from my point. I lost all of my hopes in getting one plushie. I was about to get the autographed CDs from a staff next to Kris and go down the stage when he blurted “Wait!”. Gasp filled the room, flashes from the camera are blinding and my heart stopped. I look back and saw Kris approaching me in his godly blue shiny jacket and black ensemble while towing a cute red dragon plushie on his right arm. I was speechless.

“This is for you ______, I hope you can take good care of it... and I'll see you soon.” he said in a calm voice while smiling at me again. "See you soon?" I thought, puzzled but “Thank you Kris” was all I muttered. I bowed at him and went down the stairs. For the nth time today, I was spacing out and feel like I was in a trance. “Oh my god! Oh my god!” Lucy's energy was at its peak. “You got the dragon plushie! Plus, he, Kris Wu talked to you!” Lucy said emphasizing Kris' name while hugging me and our plushies. We went home with a happy heart and awesome memories.


~ ~ ~End of flashback~ ~ ~


 

I went back to bed as I recalled  that EXO encounter, cuddling the red dragon plushie to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up early to get ready and started packing all the things I need. I scanned my room just in case I missed out on something. As usual, my little brother was grumpy because he's not a morning person while my parents are happily having their breakfast.

“Are you ready?” my dad asked.

“Yes, I feel sleepy but I'm all good.” beaming as I answered in an optimistic manner.

“You must be very happy now, but don't forget to take good care of yourself. Call us if you have any problems.” my mom spoke and I nodded.

“Yah! You have to give me new basketball shoes, okay? I'll be expecting that after 2 weeks.” my little brother confidently declared in his school uniform.

“Yes, boss!” as I pat his hair down and chuckled.

After breakfast, my dad and I head out to our car while my mom and little brother trailed behind us.

We bid good bye and hugged each other.

 

We reach the airport in no time since it was still pretty early.

I bid good bye to my dad and went inside the airport.


I suddenly heard an announcement.

Flight 116 to Korea now boarding. All passengers may proceed to gate number 10. Thank you.”


 

I grabbed my bag and the red dragon plushie on the other hand.

I can do this.” I said to myself.


 

As I head out to the boarding gate as I remember one quote "When you believe then great things can happen."

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~

A/N:

Thank you for your time. ~bows~

This is my first fanfic ever! So please be kind to me. kkk :D

I didn't have the chance to edit this at first but I think it's all good now.

Do you want a sequel? Please leave a comment and have fun reading! <3