The Unrequited Love

Moving on

Third Person's POV

 

Jiyong wore his hat and sunglasses, just to make sure that he wasn't recognized by anyone. He tried to wear clothes as simple as possible. He waited at the place they decided, but she didn't come. He waited and waited, but she's still not there. He took out his phone and called her. Then he saw a woman taking out her phone from her purse.

'Bingo.'

He put his phone on this pocket and walked to the woman.

"...Eunji ah?" the woman startled and took a good look at him.

"Oppa?! Jiyong oppa, right? It's been a long time, oppa!" she literally almost jumped in joy. Jiyong suddenly wrapped his arms around her.

"O-Oppa?" she was surprised of the sudden hug.

"I miss you eunji ah! Aigoo~ why did you go for so long? So, how is it? Did you do well?" He let go of his arms and gently hit her head. She giggled,

"Studying there was harder than I thought... But I managed to pass somehow" she giggled

"Good good" he nodded and smiled

"Oppa what happened? How could you become this handsome?" she snickered

"Aish this kid, what did you just say?" he gently hit her head.

"I'm just kidding, oppa!" she laughed hard. Jiyong slowly laughed with her. He didn't remember when was the last time he laughed with her.

"Let's go then" he took her hand and walked to the car.

"Oppa"

"Yes?"

"How is he?" she asked as she put on her seat belt.

"He?"

"You know... Seunghyun oppa" she giggled and he started the car

"Ah... Eun ji ah... He's doing fine, but--

"Really? Can we meet him first? He's in the YG building right?"

"Yes.... But Eun ji ah, I don't think we should meet him...."

"What? Did something happened to him?"

"N-no. Nothing."

"Let's go then!" she smiled and he faked a smile. He couldn't say it to her. Not when she had just arrived. He didn't want to make his childhood best friend sad on her first day in Seoul after four years. His heart skipped a beat as they arrived at the building. Both of them got out from the car. They went in to the building, and he frowned as they got in to the lift.

"What's wrong, oppa?" she asked.

"Nothing." he smiled. He cursed himself. He knew that she liked Seunghyun, even from before she left. She had known bigbang since they were still trainees, and she also took care of them. He remembered how they used to think of her like an older sister for them. He cursed himself as he remembered that he forgot about her for a moment.

"Oppa? We're here. Let's go" she smiled. He forced a smile and nodded. He could only hope that Seunghyun's not with ______ when they go inside.

"Everyone, I'm back!" she exclaimed as she opened the door. Everyone gaped in shock.

"EUN JI AH!" shouted Seungri from the vocal booth. Seungri and Daesung immediately ran and hugged her. They really missed her.

"I missed you guys!" she hugged them back. Youngbae also joined the group hug. Jiyong smiled and soon joined the group hug. Teddy could only smile and shook his head as he saw them.

"Oh my god look at you guys! You guys are handsome alright." she giggled. "Wait I might scream from excitement..." all of them laughed.

"Seungri oppa, Seunghyun oppa is not here?"

"I think he's at the longue" said Seungri

"Okay, I'll be back" she walked away from the room

"Eun ji ah--"

"I'll be back, oppa" she smiled and walked to the longue. Eun ji walked through the halls and finally found the longue after getting lost for a few times. She took a peek of him. She smiled, she really missed him. She had decided that she'll confess her feelings to him today. She glanced at the room and saw him laughing with a woman. She hid behind the wall, quietly listening to their conversation.

"Yah, I didn't!" the sound of the woman's laugh could be heard clearly.

"Anyway, are you free this weekend?" He asked

"That's supposed to be my question, you're the worldwide artist, remember?"

"I suppose so" he chuckled, "There's a place I want to take you"

"Alright. I'm staying at your place, then."

'Are they...dating?' Eun ji took a peek of them. She gaped in shock. He kissed her forehead and gently her hair. Eun ji could feel his tears flowing down her cheek. Her heart shattered to pieces.

'I'm so stupid... I couldn't stop thinking about him everyday and he-- he...' Eun ji sobbed.

"Why am I this childish...." she wiped away her tears.

"Soon Eun ji?" A deep soothing voice called her. She was startled. Seunghyun was already in front of her, his hand was holding the woman's hand. Her heart ached.

"It really is you! When did you come back? Why didn't you tell me? ...E-Eun ji ah? Are you okay?"

"Y-yes oppa I'm fine..." Her voice trembled. He hugged her,

"Eun ji ah... I missed you. Why didn't you give us a single call or message?" He let go of his arms. She wished that he would hold her longer.

"Y-yeah... Sorry oppa, I was quite busy" she forced a smile

"Seunghyun ah, who is she?" the woman finally spoke.

"She's one of my best friend, and Jiyong's childhood friend. She studied at US and just came back. She's one year younger than you" he smiled to her.

"Eun ji ah, let me introduce to you, she's my girlfriend. She also studied in US before"

"Hoo...." she nodded and offered her hand for a handshake "I'm ______, what's your name?" she smiled to her

"Eun ji. Soon Eun Ji." she said as she ignored her hand. ______ put her hand down, slightly confused.

"Seunghyun ah, I'm going first. Hyun suk hyung called" she said as she opened her phone. He nodded,

"Alright see you later" he gave her a small peck in her forehead. ______ waved to them and got in to the lift.

"Eun ji ah, you're going upstairs?" he asked and she nodded. They got into the next lift. Silence struck them. He sighed,

"Eun ji ah, what's wrong? You know you can tell oppa your secrets" he looked at her

"It's nothing oppa... It's just a jet lag." she lied. Her heart was broken. She felt like someone had stabbed her in the heart.

"You're lying. I know that look."

"I'm fine oppa." she sighed. She wanted to cry really bad.

"Oppa."

"Yes?"

"I've been holding it for a long time... Even since I first left for US."

"What is it?" He turned to her.

"I love you, oppa." Both of them fell into silence.

"Eun Ji ah... You--"

"No, oppa. I know you don't feel the same as me. I just feel like if I don't tell you now I'll regret it my whole life." She gave him a weak smile. He took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Eun Ji ah. But I can't return your feelings." Her tears fell down her cheeks. Seunghyun slowly give her a kiss in her forehead.

"I'm sorry, okay?" she wiped away her tears as the door lift opened. They awkwardly walked to the recording room. Seungri was still recording with Jiyong scolding him.

"Seungri ah! I said do it like this!" He gave an example.

"Jiyong oppa" she called him. Jiyong turned to her and stopped scolding him right away. 

"I'm tired, could you take me back home?" she said. Jiyong stared into her eyes. He knew she was crying.

"Alright. Hyung, just call it a day" Jiyong said to Teddy and he nodded.

"Eun ji ah." Seunghyun held her wrist. Eun ji let go of his hand,

"Bye oppa." Jiyong gave him a look and the two walked outside.

"Eun ji ah" Jiyong called her as they went inside his car.

"It's Seunghyun hyung, isn't it?" he sighed and started the car. Tears started to flow down her face.

"I'm sorry, Eun Ji ah. I don't want to make you disappointed." She ignored him.

"I thought of him everyday, I thought he had the same feeling towards me, I-I... I knew he was dating someone else and I confessed to him. I felt stupid, oppa." she started to sob

"Everyone becomes stupid when it comes to love." he paused. "Look, I'll make it up to you" he her hair with his free hand.

"Don't cry, eun ji ah. ...I'm also the same as you" he paused. She turned to him.

"What?"

"Look.... I loved her. I loved _____. Even when she already dated Seunghyun hyung. I.. can't seem to forget her, although I'm still in progress. I wanted her to be happy, and she seems happy with him. I must let her go." He took a deep breath. Eun ji gave him a sad look. She didn't know her best friend was also heartbroken.

"I'll treat you tonight" he smiled, and the two hopped off from the car. They got to a quite fancy place, it turned out that it was a bar. The two got inside and took a seat at the bar.

"I'll take vodka, and she'll have wine" he smiled to her.

"Really?" she laughed, wiping away her tears. The bartender gave them their orders. Jiyong lifted his glass.

"For our unrequited love" he smirked.

"Cheers" her glass met with his, and the two gulped down their drinks.

"Are you really okay, oppa? I can't believe you could laugh it off like this. You're crazy, oppa" she laughed

"I've spent to much time thinking of her. I really must let her go this time" he closed his eyes,

"You too. You must let him go, Eun Ji ah. They've been through a lot. I think they deserve to be together." She put down her glass, asking for more. Tears started to fell down her cheek.

"I can't stop thinking about him."

"I know"

"I love him, oppa"

"I know." he gulped down an entire glass and let the bartender pour down some more to his glass.

"I...want to be her oppa. I want to be close to him" she sobbed. Jiyong gently pulled her head and leaned it to his shoulder.

"I know how you feel. I've been like that for a year. I don't want you to become the same as me. Forget him." she sighed.

"I don't know oppa..."

"Eun Ji ah, you're going to regret it." Eun Ji hesitated. She pulled herself of him. She gulped down her entire glass and put it down.

"I'll have whiskey." she sternly said.

"Yah, you can't stand strong alcohol." he laughed. She gulped down the entire glass, feeling the alcohol as it burned her entire body. She could feel her head started to get dizzy.

"More." she gulped it down. She started to laugh.

"Drunk already?" he smirked.

"Oppa, I'll forget him. I know I can do it. I'm a strong girl that's why" she smirked.

"Yah, 'girls' don't drink alcohol" he chuckled. It had been a long time since he had fun like this. He nodded to himself.

'I know I can forget her. You know you can, Kwon Jiyong.'