01 - THE BEGINNING

A NEW DAWN
XSYKOTICA
01: THE BEGINNING
A NEW DAWN: The day it started

DARA’S POV:

 

It has been a week when the dreadful plague STARTED.

 

Everything was normal before that, same old sunny day, same old boring office day except for the stunt that Seungri pulled earlier for Chaerin. Seungri committed yet another stupid mistake when he was caught by CL flirting with one of the greatest flirt in the office –Sohee. He said he was just talking to her and Sohee was the one who s her arms around his neck. That he was TOO NICE NOT TO PUSH HER AWAY.

 

That was right.

 

That was his excuse.

 

Lame right??

 

Tss….

 

Though Seungri could be a little careless at times I know he was not capable of cheating on Chaerin. God knew what he went through just to make her his girlfriend. Chaerin was tough on him making him do everything that she liked.The poor guy did all kinds of embarassing things without complain. Definitely, was head over heels in love with Chaerin.

 

I highly believe that Sohee was the one who initiated it, she was capable of seducing everyone in the office even the janitor for all I care! She even tried to seduce Jiyong but na-ah…my boyfriend would never ever fall on her ty tactics.

 

Chaerin almost broke up with him that day after giving him a strong punch on the face causing him to have a big dark circle on his eyes ( bigger than the one he already had). Just to make up with her he went to the office early in the morning to fill the room with teddy bears. The room was freakin filled with different sizes of teddy bears. I swear I freaked out when I saw two giant bears guarding the door. When I entered the room my jaw dropped upon seeing him wearing a bear costume while holding a bouquet of teddy roses.

 

WITH A BIG “I AM SORRY CAT” BANNER AT THE BACK.

 

Yes people teddy roses. I know he was sick to the core but I never thought that he would do outrageous things all for the sake of love. From floor to the ceiling the whole room was filled with teddy bears!! I am not joking. When Chaerin arrived her eyes almost bulged out of its sockets upon seeing the office. She jumped out of happiness and quickly hugged the bear Seungri. Immediately that day he was forgiven and they are back to being lovey dovey.

 

Then…

.

.

.

.

 

The sickest thing happened….

 

We didn't know how it started. All we knew was we were just watching the commotion on the street from the 10th floor of our building. With dread fear we watched as people started lashing out at each other like some sick animal hungry for human flesh.

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

 

“What’s happening down there??” Bom asked trembling beside me.

 

“Is that a shooting of a new zombie movie??” CL asked.

 

“It’s too realistic to be a shooting!” Bom exclaimed.

 

Earlier from the news we heard that the government was quietly creating a drug for BIOWARFARE against North Korea.  North Korea had been threatening us with their nuclear bombs so in return we had to make our own to protect the citizens. But everything blew out of proportion when one lab rat escaped from their vicinity and started to roam the busy streets of Seoul.

 

Unlike CDC where security was tight, being mobilized by computer generated safety devices and facilities. Korea’s so called “CBRD (Central for Biohazard Research and Development)” was a humongous step behind CDC.

 

No definite answer was released by the blue house leaving everyone speculating and guessing.

 

Then the dread thing happened proving our assumptions.

 

“Eonni.. I’m scared…” Minji tugged my arm with trembling hands.

 

“Don’t be…there sure is an explanation to this…” I tried to remain calm though inside my heart was running wild and my stomach felt so bad that I wanna puke all my innards in one go. The office was in chaos, we were all scared and panicking. The bosses on the top floor were snot doing anything, keeping their doors locked and their phones unreachable.

 

God...This is not a simple case of a psycho gone loose.

 

Those people down there are having some serious business of eating each other alive!!

 

.

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong.

 

Oh God.

 

His building was a few kilometers away from me. I quickly fumbled through my pockets in search for my phone.

 

“…where the fck is that phone?!!” I cussed loudly. I ran to my table in search of my missing cell phone.

 

“Dara calm down…” Bom said following me.

 

I was throwing everything from my table while rummaging through some files. WHERE THE IS THAT STUPID PHONE?!!

 

I was on the verge of ransacking every table in the office just to find my phone when out of nowhere BOM shoved her phone in front of me.

 

“Here….”

 

She said with her left hand on her waist while her right hand held out her phone to me.

 

“For Pete’s sake don’t rob each table like a maniac…here use my phone while we search yours.”

 

I smiled at her, “Thank you Bommie…”

 

I took the phone from her and quickly dialed Ji’s number.

 

First ring.

 

Second ring.

 

Third ring.

 

It felt like eternity. I waited and I waited when the annoying busy tone almost made me deaf.

 

TOOT….

 

TOOOT

 

TOOOOOOT…

 

Damn it why was he not answering his phone!

 

I called again the redial button but the line was busy already. I felt my heart rise up to my throat as my chest tightens. Oh god…please don’t let something happen to Jiyong. You know he is my life. I can’t lose him…. I can’t!!

 

Tears were already flowing down on my cheeks as I relentlessly redialled Jiyong’s number.

 

Pickup Ji… pick up the goddamned phone! My brain chanted as busy tones continued to ring in my ears.

 

“Dara it’s here….” Bom shouted.

 

I quickly ran towards them and took my phone from Bom’s hand. I opened it and found 50+ missed calls from Jiyong.

 

My god he had been calling me since this morning!

 

“Where did you find this??” I asked them.

 

“There eonni… under your table, tucked underneath some files. You must’ve missed it when you threw everything from your table…” CL pointed. I hugged my phone and immediately I checked my voicemails.

 

Beep.

                Baby where are you?? Are you in the office?? Call me back when you receive this.

 

Beep.

                Baby I’m worried sick! Everything is in chaos..are you okay…??

 

Beep.

                Don’t go out of your office…it’s dangerous out there..let’s wait for news from the government..or a rescue squad…just be careful. ILOVEYOU.

 

Beep.

                Sandara Park…you’re making me worry!! Why aren’t you returning my calls? Call me back quickly when you receive this.

 

Beep.

                Baby…I’m going there… wait for me at the basement. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

 

 

I gasped, my chest tightened as I suddenly felt like my lungs were depleted from air. OH GOD JI… you can’t possibly. I immediately ran towards the window to look at the street. It was more chaotic now than before, broken windows, wrecked car screaming people…BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!

 

I dashed towards the door but I was blocked by BOM.

 

“Where do you think you’re going??!” she screamed at me.

 

“Move away Bommie…I have to find JI…”

 

“Are you insane?? If you go out..you won’t survive!!”

 

“Ji Yong went out on the street to go here!! Because this stupid phone was buried underneath some deep piles sh*t and I wasn’t able to answer his calls! Bommie…Ji Yong is out there..My  God Bommie… I don’t know what I'd do if something happened to him.” I cried while trying to squeeze my little body between Bom and the door. But Bom was bigger and way stronger than I am.

 

Chaerin and Minji ran towards us to stop me.

 

“Please…let me pass…please… I just want to go down to the basement. He said he’s going to enter through the basement…they locked all the entrance of the building how will Ji enter??” I cried miserably.

 

They looked at me with pity in their eyes. Bom let out a loud sigh before cussing nonstop.

 

“Come on….we’ll go with you. But promise me…we’ll just be in the elevator, far away from the roll-up door. Just in case we see Ji Yong we’ll open the door for him. Don’t make anything stupid that will risk your life and ours, arasso??”

 

I nodded vehemently.

 

“Wait..I’ll call TOP first…we need a guy…” Bom dialed TOP’s number.

 

“By the way… I haven’t seen Top oppa since this morning…” said Minji.

 

“He was helping the other guys to lock all the possible entrance of the building.” Bom said while waiting for TOP to answer.

 

“Yeobo….where are you??” she quickly asked when TOP answered.

 

“I’m at the basement…I am on my way up there…why??”

 

“Don’t go up..wait for us there…”

 

“What?!! Don’t go-- ”

 

“I’ll explain it to you later….love you” She cut him off. I think I heard TOP screaming before she ended the call and turned off her phone. We were all looking at her with wide eyes.

 

“He will just stop us from going down there…this is better. Let’s go…” she cockily said as she swayed her way towards the elevator.

 

She’s amazing.

 

SHE AIN’T THE BOMINATOR FOR NOTHING.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

We were all standing inside the elevator holding the door open while staring at the former humans as they try to squeeze their self in the spaces of the roll up door. They were shaking the iron door wildly while staring at us with their mouths hanging open ready to bury their teeth in our flesh.

 

It was more gruesome up close, their mouths were filled with blood dripping from every corner of their lips, their eyes were dark and they were screaming in anguish.

 

I saw a little boy below the crowd of zombies trying to fit himself in between the railings. The sight squeezed my heart…my mind wondered off again thinking of Ji in the same situation. My chest tightened again causing me to drop on my knees and cry inconsolably.

 

Bom wrapped her arms around me while CL and Minji rubbed my back whispering words of encouragement.

 

“Kwon Ji Yong ain’t called G-dragon for nothing…” TOP suddenly said. He was playing with the baseball bat that he was holding while staring into the pack of zombies outside.

 

“Those mother-ers will never be the reason of his death….”

 

We all looked at him then to the zombies in front of us.

 

“Ji….” I unmindfully whispered.

 

 

DING.

 

 

The elevator door next to us suddenly opened revealing the bosses from the top floor.

 

What are they doing down here??

 

We watched them get into their cars one by one with wide eyes. What are they planning to do?? Manager Song went straight to the guards post opening several drawers and rummaging through it. After trashing the post he went out with a black thing in his hand.

 

“. THOSE BAST*RDS!!” Top cursed loudly staring angrily at Manager Song.

 

The CEO honked repeatedly before stopping beside Manager Song. We watched everything in front of us like it was in slow motion. Manager Song raised the black thing which happened to be the……

 

. I cursed inwardly as I realized what he was holding.

 

He pressed the remote control and the metal door slowly rose. He threw the remote control and quickly went inside his car.

 

TOP cussed non-stop. Those son-of-a- just opened the gate letting the blood lust zombies inside. We all stood in horror. Bom was screaming something that I couldn’t comprehend when I realized that TOP was running towards the cars. Without hesitation he smashed the cars windows with his baseball bat.

 

After breaking the cars windows he quickly picked up the remote control tossed by Manager Song. The cars sped away hitting the mindless zombies in the process. The zombies’ bodies came flying to the side as the car mercilessly passed by them. I watched as each car passed by the body of the young zombie boy like a toy.

 

TOP immediately pressed the button and the door slowly rolled down. Some of the zombies were already inside the basement walking aimlessly towards us. TOP immediately smashed their skulls with his bat but they were too many to handle. Bom screamed and screamed afraid for TOP when the door suddenly stopped rolling down.

 

IT’S STUCKED!!

 

Panic could be seen on our faces as zombies kept on coming inside the basement one by one. I heard TOP cursed again as he ran towards us. We’re waiting for TOP to get inside the elevator when a white car came rushing in hitting the zombies and throwing their bodies to the side in a heap. My eyes widened realizing whose car that was.

.

.

.

JIYONG stepped out of the car with a gun in hand. Two more guys stepped out confidently raising their guns aiming immediately as soon as their foot touched the ground. Gunshots echoed inside the basement as they shot the zombies one by one.

------------------------------------

END OF 01

Maybe my craziness just went overboard…keke I hope you liked the first chapter ^^ 

Be updating soon… woot…

SHOUTOUT:

@kloyola – my first commenter I really love you chingu..thank you for subscribing to all of my fics..you’re the best… ^^

@ScarletARIA – my favorite dongsaeng!! Don’t worry I won’t name them quiara… LOVE YAH ^^

@lesley_keys and nicholaslive – here’s the update already..isn’t that fast?? Keke

COMMENT PLEASE AND SUBSCRIBE

UPVOTE IT TOO…

BUHBYE ^^