Taking Her Happiness Away?

The Man I Married

The only sound that could be heard in the house was glass shattering into the kitchen's floor. Mrs. Lee gaped at her husband who was looking at her with sadness written in his eyes.

"D-did he tell you that?" 

Minwoo sighed and nodded with his head, he grabbed a broom and started to pick up the broken glasses. "Yes and I don't know why he's doing that. He has been my friend for years and now he wants to make our daughter to be married with his son!"

"B-but what about you? What answer did you give him?"

"I didn't say nothing, I couldn't! How I'm suppose to answer that when it is about my daughter?" Minwoo sighed as he run his hands through his hair in frustration.

"What? You should've said no! There's no way that I will force my Eun Mi to marry with someone she doesn't even love!" Mrs. Lee shook her head, she was disappointed in Mr. Kim, she thought he was a knight who saved her husband from misery. And now he wants to take Eun Min's happiness away. "Oh god! And she's with Yoochun-ah, we won't break one heart but two!"

"I know, Soojin! I love our daughter too! But you can't forget that this job is important to me, to you and to our sons! This job is our future!" Minwoo sighed irritated as he grabbed her shoulders. "Without it our children has to give up on their dreams! If I quit the job, I won't find another like this one, and you know that I've tried it before working for him!"

"But Minwoo, she won't forgive us if we force her to marry." Soojin whispered as her eyes shone because of her unshed tears. Her husband's eyes softened and hugged her as he kissed her forehead, trying to comfort her. 

"I know... but I don't know what I should do." 

"Let's talk about it with Mr. Kim, ok? Maybe we can solve this problem." 

"Fine." Minwoo responded her, he was not convinced that Mr. Kim will change his mind.

 

Jaejoong stared at her beaming face, lost in his thoughts. He frowned as he watched Eun Mi being a happy girl around her boyfriend and her two brothers, somehow he felt jealous of the boys.

"Yo... what's up man?" A voice spoke from behind him causing Jaejoong to startle. 

"Gosh Yunho, you startled me!" Jaejoong glared at his best friend and Yunho rolled his eyes as he sat beside Jaejoong in the bench. 

Jung Yunho was the only friend that Jaejoong have since his mother died. He had lost many friends because he didn't want to be surrounded by friends anymore, he had lost the will to live his life with a smile in his face. His mother was someone he could count on everything, she was like his best friend who helped him a lot, someone who listened to him, someone who loves him more than everything and he felt always special when he was with her. 

Losing her was something unexpected to him which made his heart to be badly broken. And they say that the pain will disappear  gradually from his heart. But it has been five years since she's gone and the missing still remain in there. And Yunho was always by his side, refusing to leave Jaejoong suffers alone when he knows how it feels to lose someone important.

"What are you doing? You seemed to be focused on something." Yunho asked Jaejoong as he looked to where Jaejoong was staring.

"I wasn't. Just thinking." Jaejoong answered as he rubbed the back of his neck as he glanced once more at Eun Mi. In his eyes, she seemed an angel, brighting a space with just her smile.

Once again, Yunho looked at where his best friend was focused and saw Eun Mi and his eyes widened as he gaped at her.

"Isn't she-" 

"My father already told to his friend to do an arranged marriage with me and his daughter." Jaejoong whispered to Yunho, interrupting the younger man. Yunho looked at him and scoffed.

"Really? What about her? She knows about it?" 

Jaejoong shook his head and sighed as he rubbed his face with his two hands. "I really don't know what to do."

"Well don't worry, you're handsome boy with a slim heart, she will fall in love with you in no time. Like your fans over there." Yunho chuckled and Jaejoong looked up where some girls was staring at him with admiration and he rolled his eyes.

"They love for me being handsome boy not because I have a good heart."

"It's not like that hyung... if you have a good heart you wouldn't marry that girl." 

"I know, Yunho-ah. I know!" 

Jaejoong sighed and runs his hand through his hair in frustration. "But I can't help it..." He murmured and Yunho nodded his head.

"I understand Jae..." Yunho whispered back as his mind recalled some old memories. Jaejoong looked at him and his eyes softened at the sight.