Kill my soul, Kill my name, Kill my pain, a good for me

Nu'est - Taking Action

 

"Wonhago wonhaetjiman naegen niga eobseo ojig neoui gieogppuninde," Minhyun sings soulfully into the microphone. Minhyun came to the studio in the dark freezing night, determined to perfect his parts for an upcoming performance.

"Kill my soul, kill my name, Kill my pain a good for..." he stops suddenly, startled by a flash of light.

He looks around the sound proof recording booth, "Hello? Is anyone there?"

Someone being around at this time of night is rare.

He hesitantly returns to practice, thinking that it must have been his imagination, "Kill my soul, kill..."

A cheerful voice interrupts him through the intercom, "Kill? What a great idea!"

Minhyun begins to panic, looking around in attempt of finding the source of the voice. Then he sees a figure sitting on the large, black, office chair in front of the studio controls. Minhyun steps forward and leans against the glass of the recording booth in attempt to get a better glimpse.

The figure continues speaking into the microphone, "I couldn't let it go on like this."

Minhyun is puzzled, "Like what?"

"I'm sick of being looked down upon. I'm going to finish every last one of you until I am the very last, the very best," The figure laughs maliciously.

Minhyun steps back until his calf bumps the stool behind him and sits down slowly, "You are seriously messed up."

The figure is still laughing, "Maybe you're right."

"If you come any closer, I’ll scream," Minhyun threatens.

The figure stands up, unconcerned as the chair falls heavily to the ground. He begins to walk slowly towards the door of the booth.

“Babo, no one is going to hear you anyway, it’s a sound proof booth,” the figure growls, his voice inaudible to Minhyun through the walls.

Minhyun stands up, briskly pushing the stool out of the way and instinctively steps backwards towards the wall.

The figure opens the door slowly and leans casually against the door frame.

The light from the booth reveals the figure identity.

Minhyun begins to relax; the feeling only lasts for so long when the figure, in one quick motion, grabs one of the metal music stands holding it up at eye level. He tenses up again but tries to maintain himself, refusing to look intimidated.

"Scared are we?" the figure chuckles.

He pauses for a moment, in wait for a reply. He sighs, unsatisfied with the silence, "You could have at least made this fun for me."

"You really are a monster you know," Minhyun snarls.

The figure’s facial expression shows a disguised hint of sadness, "Wouldn't a monster just kill you right now instead of letting you bask in the last remaining minutes of your life."

The figure begins to step forward, looking only at Minhyun, who simply closes his eyes, hoping the pain will end quickly.

"Open your eyes, "The figure growls.

Minhyun ignore him.

"Look at me!" The figure demands as he uses his hand to brush against Minhyun’s chin, gently lifting his head up.

Minhyun slowly opens his eyes, only to see the blunt object before it smashes into his skull. He stumbles backwards, grabbing at the wall for stability. There isn’t any pain, just sensation of warmth from the blood trickling down his face which makes him shiver.

Minhyun looks up at the figure with pleading eyes before being struck in the head once again. He falls to the ground with a violent thud as his blood continues to splatter onto the walls. He is hit violently with the object repeatedly. After several strikes, Minhyun begins to lose track of his surroundings.

Minhyun’s last words seep out of his mouth, "Why?"

The figure sighs, "I'm sorry, but it is the only way. I'm so sorry, I hope someday you can forgive me for this." He begins to repeat the words "I'm sorry," until Minhyun's last heartbeat.

The figure drops the object, now soaked Minhyun’s blood and collapses beside Minhyun's lifeless body, clutching his head and pulling aimlessly at his hair.

"What have I done? What is wrong with me? What have I become?" He yells before bolting out of the studio, without looking back.