Chapter 2

Beautiful Obsession

Chapter 2

Luhan woke up the next day alert and ready. He was feeling exhilerated like never before and this was probably due to the events of the day before, being so close to the girl of his dreams. In fact, Minhee was in his dreams and the events in those dreams were easily explained through the tent of his sweatpants.

He got up and took a bath, imagining what it would be like to see her body. To touch her milky white skin, and to kiss her sinfully innocent plump lips. He immediately made the water cold to get rid of his problems down south.

He got out fresh and anew and dressed in his everyday clothes. He left for university in the morning and he was unaware of the eyes that followed him as he walked in. The eyes of his female peers seemed to follow him where ever he went and Luhan never noticed.

Of course he knew he was handsome, but that's just from looking in a mirror and comparing himself to other men.

Of course he knew he was smart, all he had to do was look at his grades for the past few years of his life.

But he was painfully ignorant to the wanting looks, the lustful eyes that mentally stripped him bare.

Of course he paid attention in class (somewhat) but halfway through, his mind would wander to her. Is she preparing the roses at this very moment? Has she even woken up yet? Wait... She's younger than me but not in high school... What college does she go to?!

That last question bounced back in his mind multiple times but an answer was never found. He knew her habits, he knew her favourite color, but he didn't even know what university she went to...

He felt shame rise up within his chest. How could he not know the simple things about his love? And at that moment, he was determined to find out all that he could about her.

After that moment, his mind couldn't focus on any of the numbers on the screen, on any of the words his professor uttered. All her could think about was her her her.

Class got out and he basically sprinted out the door. He skipped the rest of his classes that day and decided to go visit the flower shop. As he arrived, he noticed that she wasn't there but an older woman was in her place, watering the white roses at that very moment. Luhan was angered. No one else should touch those white roses, they belong to her and only her. He steadily walked to the flower parlor, taking deep breaths that were in sync with each step and finally calmed himself down. 

"Umm, excuse me, I'm Luhan. I'm looking for--"

"Ahh, yes, Minhee told me about a young boy named Luhan. I didn't think she was serious when she mentioned that you looked so young, no offense young man. You are quite dashing." His temper was rising and quite quickly.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." Luhan spoke through gritted teeth and a strained smile. The ahjumma luckily didn't notice.

"Do you know where she might be?" He grumbled. His patience was wearing thin.

"She's at school right now. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and today, Fridays, she studies at Seoul University but the rest of the days, she takes care of this beautiful flower shop given to her by her parents." The ahjumma's eyes were glazed as if she was in the past.

Luhan then realized that through this ahjumma, he could find out more about his rose.

"Her parent's owned this shop?" He asked curiously. Now that was something he did not know of before.

"Indeed. This shop was basically passed down generation through generation. In fact, her parents met here at this very shop! Her mother sold her father flowers and it was definitely love at first sight. What made it even more romantic was that she sold him a white rose and that forever became their flower, how romantic!" She sighed and crooned.

"What ever happened to her parents?" Luhan asked, already getting a feeling of what the answers would be. Nothing could really pass his sharp mind.

"They died about 5 years ago in a tragic car accident. I remember how she used to cry every night and how I would whisper in her ears sweet nothings because at the time, what could you say to a 14 year old who's parents just died? That night, I was just a shoulder to cry on for my niece." The ahjumma mumbled sadly.

"Her parents died? You're her aunt?" Luhan asked shocked.

"Neh, her parents died. Such a tragic past for such an innocent and amazing young girl. She took over the shop then at the age of 15. The year between the ownership of the shop going from her parents to her, I basically looked after it but I didn't have the passion like my sister or my niece." She simply stated.

"She studies hard and gets good grades, she works to keep the shop alive for later generations. Minhee is the most amazing young woman I have ever met and for her to suffer such a past, bless her heart." Luhan started to tear up, feeling sad for his rose. How she had lost her parents at such a young age but then again, he felt anger to her parents for leaving her. 

He remembers when his parents used to abuse him back in China and how he ran away to here, Korea. His views on parents wasn't already too great but this just made it worse. And add the fact that his mind was slightly warped, well that's just a disaster.

"I-I didn't know. I didn't know she had such a sad past," He whispered, a tear dropping from one of his eyes and he furiously wiped at it.

"May I ask where their grave is? I would wish to visit maybe..." He asked in somewhat of a mysterious manner. Minhee aunt was slightly suspicious but revealed the location of their grave nonetheless.

"I need to go ahjumma. Thank you for telling me more about her." He said gratefully and bowed. He turned to walk away but was stopped with a hand on his wrist.

"Luhan, I could see that you truly care about my niece. I can see it in your eyes but I also see something else. Now my suspicions are usually correct but in this case, I don't want it to be. Just heed my warning, Luhan. Do not hurt her. Don't you dare do anything to my niece or so help me--

*SLAP*

The ahjumma fell sideways from the impact of the slap. Luhan was heaving in anger.

"How dare you even think of me hurting her. You don't know me, I don't know you. You say you see something in my eyes? Well, you won't be seeing anything soon enough if you ever question my love for her, if you ever accuse me of hurting her in the future. Heed my warning, ahjumma." Luhan all but growled. Then he walked away, leaving his precious's aunt on the ground of the flower shop writhing in pain. He didn't even think of the consquences to come, his hand just reacted on its' own.

That night, he went to the grave of the parents of his love. He stood over their graves, his shadow barely seen through the black night. All that was visible was the slightly gleaming silver bat in his right hand. Then he proceeded to destroy the memorial of the ones who abandoned his beautiful rose.

He stood over the ruins of the grave with a crazed smile, panting slightly from the work. He looked at what he thought was a beautiful masterpiece.

"There. That'll teach you from hurting her." He whispered and the words traveled through the wind. He giggled in an insane manner and returned to his home, all covered in dirt.

---

I honestly really like this chapter. I'm sorry if there were mistakes, please take notice that I updated this on my Thanksgiving break while I am on vacation here in MI. :) Hope you enjoy this vacation and Happy Thanksgiving everyone! <3