Chapter One

The Moon Behind the Sun

It was such a cloudy day as two boys sat on the café’s chairs, having some conversation. One of them seemed so angry and disappointed, and the other one just looked down at his lap.

“I told you to break up with that bastard Kris, didn’t I? Don’t be that stupid, Xiu Min!” said Tao, the boy with black, sharp eyes.

“You know I can’t leave without him, Tao!” Xiu Min said with his almost-teary eyes.

Tao let a heavy sigh hearing at his best friend’s words. “He’s no good for you, you know?”

Xiu Min was almost crying just now. He ducked, hiding his sad face. “Tao… I love him. Really, really love him…” Xiu Min whispered with shaking voice, making the younger man let another sigh come through his lips.

“I… man, how could you be this stubborn?”

 

***

 

Meanwhile, Kris, the tall, handsome man with blonde hair, was wandering alone around the book store as he saw a thin man with red muffler walked towards him. He looked so pale and the muffler made him looked even worst.

Why he looks so pale? Kris wondered, giving any attention to the boy in front of him. The boy looked so fragile that Kris tought every single touch could break him.

Suddenly the boy stopped walking, it seemed he will fall to the ground in no time.

And it did happen.

“H-Hey!” Kris rushed towards the boy, pulling him so he didn’t hit the ground. “Hey, are you okay?”

The boy didn’t make any move. Kris could see him frowned as he held back the pain. Looking at the boy, Kris didn’t take a long time to think and lift him up then carried him, taking him to his house.

 

***

 

“Wake up already?”

Lay blinked his eyes several time before realizing he didn’t know where he was now. And this tall man… he didn’t have any idea who he was.

“I found you almost fell when I crossed the street,” the tall man said, sitting on the edge of the bed, “I don’t know where you live, so I brought you here,”

“Who are you…?” Lay asked confusedly. He got up and leaned his back on the head board. “Where am I…?”

“I’m Kris. And this is my house,” Kris gave the boy a soft smile. “And you are…?”

“Lay,” he answered, smiling back at Kris. “I’m sorry for bothering you, anyway…”

“It’s not a big deal,” Kris said, patting Lay’s head. “Well, I think you need to take a lil’ bit rest just now. I take you home once you feel better.”

“Thank you, Kris…” Lay put his head on the pillow and fell asleep soon.

Kris stayed on his position although he knew Lay was asleep now. He wanted to see Lay’s face more and more. He could feel that his heart beat even faster since he first pulled the boy into his embrace.

In Kris’ eyes, Lay was so… fragile yet beautiful. He just couldn’t take his eyes off of Lay’s figure. And looking at the sleeping boy made him felt like he could explode in no time. He was too beautiful, he was Kris’ obsession.

Hesitantly, Kris laid his fingers on Lay’s hair, feeling it tickled his fingers with its smoothness. A soft smile grew on Kris’ lips when Lay frowned and mumbled without waking up. “What a beautiful person…” he whispered to himself before leaving Lay slept peacefully.

 

***

 

Kris never had an idea that Lay was the son of the rich person. He just could blink his eyes looking at the huge building Lay called ‘home’. This wasn’t even a house, it was such a palace!

“I don’t know you’re this rich,” Kris said, making the younger laughed softly.

“I’m not a rich man. My father is,”

“What is your father, a mafia or something? I can see many bodyguards here,”

Lay looked hesitate to answer. “Well… kinda…” he said then bit his lower lips as he felt uncomfort.

Another blink on Kris’ eyes. Son of a mafia? No wonder! he thought.

“But he really is a kind man,” Lay said with a chuckle. “Let’s come in,”

Kris and Lay came inside the house together and Kris was still amazed with the house’s size. It looked so awesome from outside, and the inside was more awesome. Kris couldn’t stop staring at every corner of the house.

“Lay, where have you been?! I’ve been looking for you all the day! I told you not to go anywhere, didn’t I?!”

It was a so loud voice making Kris and even Lay jumped of shocked. Behind them there was a man with a scary face, looking at them with angry gaze.

“D-Dad…” Lay mumbled with low tone. Kris could tell that Lay was scared just now.

Did he says that his father is a kind man? I don’t think so… Kris thought.

“And who is that boy?! What is he doing here?!”

“D-Dad, don’t be like that! It’s Kris, he’s my new friend… he helped me when I—“

Kris felt Lay’s father looked at him in such a disgust look and he didn’t like it. Well, who does?

“He’s not on our level,” the old man said, “You'd better go away from here, Kid. And don’t you dare to come to see my son anymore!”

“Dad!” Lay kept trying to defend Kris, but Kris lift his hand to make him stop talking.

“It’s okay, Lay. I’ll be leaving now,” Kris said with an unpredictable smile.

“But, Kris—“

Before Lay could say anything, Kris leaned on his body and whispered on the younger’s ear. “I’ll see you around, don’t worry,”

And then he left. He didn’t want to put Lay in trouble. He had to hold his anger back or else he won’t see Lay anymore.

 

***

 

Tao scratched his not-so-itchy cheek in frustrated. He didn’t have any idea why someone could be this stubborn like Xiu Min. It was almost three hours they spent their time in this café and Xiu Min kept defending Kris.

“ with this , Xiu Min. I’ll make it up to you. I don’t know what to say anymore…” Tao said.

“I’m sorry, Tao…” Xiu Min mumbled. He kept looking down at his lap, not that brave to face Tao’s sharp eyes.

“Whatever, Xiu Min…” Tao pierced at his watch on his left arm. “I have to work now,” he said and stood up. “I’ll see you around. Take care,”

But before Tao could leave the table, Xiu Min grabbed his arm, making him stopped walking. Xiu Min looked at Tao, feeling guilty. “I’m so sorry, Tao… and thank you for caring that much about me…”

A sad smile grew on Tao’s firm lips. He patted the older’s head softly. “Just tell me if Kris hurts you again. I won’t let him hurt you more than this…”

Xiu Min smiled and nodded. He was so thankful he had such a great best friend as Tao. He released his hand from Tao’s and let the guy walked away.

Xiu Min didn’t want to waste the time here in this café. With a cake for Kris that he bought back before, he stood up and got out from the place. He hummed cheerfully, he really wanted to see Kris as soon as possible.

And it was his lucky moment that he found Kris, who just got back to his house. The tall man was stood in front of the house, he was about to open the gate.

“Kris!” Xiu Min called and with a cheerful smile walked towards his beloved boyfriend.

Kris turned his head and looked at Xiu Min with a bored gaze. “What are you doing here?” he asked with a cold voice.

Xiu Min realized that Kris wasn’t in his mood, but he still gave a smile for Kris. “Well… I bought the cake for you… ” he said, handing the box of cake up to Kris. But Kris just looked at it coldly, not wanting to receive it.

“I don’t need it.”

“B-But this is your favorite cake!”

“I said I don’t need it!”

Xiu Min couldn’t say anything as Kris slapped off the box. He looked at the cake that shattered on the ground. He didn’t do any move even though Kris left him alone outside the house. Tears rolled down his puffy cheeks. Xiu Min left the house without saying any words.

The rain started falling to the Earth but Xiu Min didn’t care about it even his body was trembling of coldness. He kept wandering and wandering until he realized something; he was standing in front of Tao’s house. It looked like Tao didn’t come home yet.

Xiu Min stared at his best friend’s house, didn’t even know why he came to this place. He just felt he need the younger man to comfort him just now.

 

***

 

Tao’s eyes turned into a perfect round as he saw Xiu Min stood in front of his house. He ran towards Xiu Min with no idea why he was here, standing in the heavy rain without any of umbrella or rain coat.

“Xiu Min?! What are you doing here?!” he asked with a worried face.

“T-Tao… i-it’s so c-cold…” Xiu Min said with a shaken voice.

Tao couldn’t help but hugged Xiu Min, taking him into his house.

Inside the house, Tao gave Xiu Min a clothes to change and a warm blanket. Then he moved to the kitchen, making a hot chocolate for the older guy in the living room.

“This mess is all about Kris, right?” Tao asked.

“Don’t blame him, Tao…” Xiu Min said. A soft sob came through his lips.

Tao sat beside the crying guy, handing him a cup of hot chocolate. “Hey, easy, Xiu Min. Here, drink,” he said. He rubbed Xiu Min’s back to comfort him as the bun-cheeked drank his drink. He waited until Xiu Min drank it all up.

Xiu Min put the cup on the table once he found the cup was empty already. He looked better now though he still sobbed a bit.

“Feel any better?” Tao asked him.

“Yeah…” Xiu Min answered with a little nod. “Thanks a lot, Tao…”

Tao didn’t do anything but looking at Xiu Min deeply. Xiu Min looked back at the panda-liked guy, confusing.

“Tao…?”

Suddenly Tao pulled the older boy into his embrace. “I don’t want him to hurt you more than this…” he mumbled on Xiu Min’s ear, making Xiu Min blushed as he felt Tao’s breath swept his ear.

“T-Tao…”

Tao pushed Xiu Min away gently and stared deeply at his gege’s eyes. “Xiu Min, I…”

“Yes…?”

Tao paused his words, he looked hesitate to continue his phrase. Then he turned his gazed away from Xiu Min. “Nah. Forget it.” Tao mumbled. He looked down just to hide his blush cheeks.

“B-but…”

“Go to sleep now. You can use my room, I’ll sleep here,”

“Why don’t we share the bed, Tao?”

Tao’s gaze was back to Xiu Min’s face. “What?”

Xiu Min could tell that Tao and his redder cheek got his words wrong, making him blushed too. “I-I mean… I don’t want to sleep alone tonight! It’s not like—“

Tao chuckled at the blushing guy infront of him. “I know, I know. Let’s go to bed now.”

Xiu Min nodded and followed Tao to his bedroom. A shy smile appeared on his lips.