Just Friends?

Joker

The next few weeks, Jokerz and Taeil hung out as if they weren't attracted to each other. Every movie laced with desire to hold the other, every cup of coffee begging to end with a kiss. Every biology class, wanting to confess in front of the whole class, "Be mine!!" But they never did. Anyone watching them could easily tell they liked each other. That's why they were always mistaken for a couple, but they just awkwardly explained that they were just friends.

Soon, Jokerz was growing restless. She always wanted to tell Taeil how she felt about him, but never had the courage to. As she was pondering her unfortunate situation, she got a text from Taeil. He wanted to meet for dinner. Jokerz immediately started getting ready. She wanted Taeil to stop in his tracks when he saw her. She had to steal his heart tonight.

When Jokerz was all ready, she went out to meet Taeil. She couldn't wait to shock Taeil with her dazzling attire. As soon as Jokerz appeared, shark-boy's eyes popped out at the sight before him. He had never imagined Jokerz to be this beautiful.

As they were eating, some girl came out of nowhere and noticed Taeil. She gasped and hugged Taeil. Taeil was surprised to see the girl and was very happy to see her too. After talking for a little, the girl said to Taeil, "I'll see you later. I love you."

Jokerz's heart dropped at the last three words. She could now see shark-boy's smiles and talk as nothing more than friendly. He saved his lovely, heart-melting talk for that girl.

Jokerz wasn't hungry anymore. She asked Taeil if she could go home. Shark-boy was disappointed but seeing the twinkle disappear from her eyes, he let her.

Once home, Jokerz deleted Taeil's previous texts, and also threw away the toy fish he had given to her. She didn't want to think of shark-boy anymore.