Uhm...what?

Joker

The first day of school always for Jokerz because not only was she waking up 6 hours earlier, but she also had to make another set of friends. Her parents moved quite often because of jobs that Jokerz didn't care to get into.

This first day started out as blandly and predictably as the others. "Hi, nice to meet you," "Where are you from?" and "Wow that's so interesting!" all finding their way out of random students' mouths. Jokerz came to be extremely bored of such introductions. Needless to say, she was taken aback by one particular student's semi-introduction.

"Ouch!" A pencil just knocked Jokerz's head. It was a...fish pencil? With a fish eraser? Who did this belong to?

"I'm really sorry," a cute guy just came to get his pencil.

"You look like a shark," she was feeling cranky all day.

The very very very cute guy just took his pencil and left. Jokerz felt guilty and wanted to explain that that was her usual first day attitude, but the shark-boy was too far already. Besides, she thought, he'll get over it.

At lunch, Jokerz sat alone. She watched the line of students getting their food and the shark-boy appeared. They made eye contact, but Jokerz looked away immediately. It was the only way she could hide her blushing. I hope he doesn't come, she thought helplessly.

Of course he did.

"I'm sorry about the pencil earlier."

Damn, Jokerz thought, what a voice!

"It's ok. I'm supposed to apologize for my rude comment. I get really cranky on the first day of school."

"Oh it's alright. I'm Lee Taeil."

"I'm Jokerz."

"Is that your real name or...?"

"I'll just say it is."

"Ok. Well, I just thought you're really pretty. That's why I flung the pencil at you, so I could talk to you."

Jokerz spat out her food and coughed, "Uhm...what?"

But Taeil already ran away after his almost-confession.