Dress

Do you remember?

Bom smiled as she turned around, remembering about her kindergarten days with Seunghyun. 

"I bet there's more to see here," she laughed as she surveyed the dim lit room once more. 

Until she came across a pink ruffly dress with laces. That made her even smile more. She chuckled as she touched the fabric of her small dress. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

MORE FLASHBACK

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

4th Grade!

"Lalalalalalala," Bom, now a much more taller girl, sang as she fixed up her stuff in class, while her best friend, Dara was impatiently waiting for her to finish.

"Yah, Bom-ah! Ppalri! I'm getting hungry!" Dara whined as she sat on the table across Bom's. 

"Wait a sec. I'm almost done," Bom smiled. "Fine, I'll help you!" Dara grabbed her bag and roughly stuffed in Bom's stuff. Bom grunted what sounded like a "thank you" to Dara as they left the classroom. 

They were talking about Bom's upcoming birthday-- only about a few days away. They were talking about the food, goodies, games, and people Bom will invite. 

"Bommie! Why don't you invite Jiyong and his friends?!" 

Dara always had a crush on Kwon Jiyong since Bom and her got introduced to Seunghyun's friends.

It had been a few years after she met Seunghyun, they have been close friends ever since. The only problem is Bom's other friends don't like him. So Bom tends to avoid him whenever she's with her friends...

"Dara, what if our friends pick on Seunghyun? And-and what if they will not be our friends anymore?" Bom worried.

"Weeeelllll...... I think Jiyong and his friends are SUPPOSED to be there no matter what! Who cares if our own friends hate us? You'll still be my BFF!" Dara patted Bom's back.

"Okay... C'mon! I wanna eat my corn NOW!!" Bom instantly lightened up when she mentioned the word "corn."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the cafeteria...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Ji!!!" Dara screamed when she ran to Jiyong's table.

Jiyong was dozing off over his sandwich and juice. Daesung who's sitting beside Jiyong, was playing around with Seungri, who was sitting in front of him.

Seeing Seunghyun absent, Bom was disappointed. Youngbae was not there too. Bom, already munching on a corn cob, sat beside Seungri.

Jiyong, surprised that Dara was already beside him, spilled his juice all over Daesung. "Ahh! This was my new set of uniform!!" Daesung glared at Jiyong. "Mianhe," Jiyong groggily apologized.

Daesung got up and left to the bathroom, stomping his feet. Everybody except Jiyong laughed at the way Daesung walked. Now there's only Bom, Dara, Jiyong, and Seungri left. 

"Yah! Ssantokki! Look what you made me do!" Jiyong death glared at Dara, even though he'd hate himself for doing it. 

"Mianhe!" Dara smiled guiltily at Jiyong. Absentmindedly Jiyong smiled back. He knew he liked it when Dara smiled. Whether it was happy, guilty, or shy, any smile, as long as he gets to see her smile.

They both smiled, blushed, and eye-talked at each other for a while.

"Noona, what's with those two?" Seungri, the younger one, asked Bom while staring weirdly at Dara and Jiyong. "You'll know," Bom, not taking her eyes off her corn cob, answered him.

"Watcha' doin' guys?" Youngbae suddenly approached them with Seunghyun. Dara and Jiyong broke off their eye contact. Youngbae seeing them break off, squinted his eyes at them, because he too, likes Dara. 

Bom saw that Seunghyun was there and immediately stopped eating her corn. 

'HYUNGS!!! WHERE HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN?!" Seungri stood up and softly punched Youngbae on the shoulder.

"We had to got to the library, because fatty here," Youngbae turned to Seunghyun, "Forgot to return his books."

"Ahh...Geurae. Kkajja! Let's eat!" Bom sheepishly smiled at Seunghyun. Seunghyun sat beside Bom, while Youngbae sat to the left of Dara. 

Now Dara was now sandwiched in between the two boys who was crushing on her.

They all started to eat silently when Bom broke the silence. "Geuraesseo, all of you guys will be coming to my party... But we have a problem... it's that--"

"Ara, ara. Your friends will start to pick on me again," Seunghyun broke her off. 

Bom embarrassed, looked down at her food. 

"Aigoo! Hyung is psychic!" Seungri changed the topic. 

"It's not a good time Ri," Younbae said.

"Mwoya? ANYTIME is SEUNGRI-TIME!!" Seungri, startled, argued back.

"Do you even know how to spell psychic?" Jiyong smirked at Seungri. Dara laughed at what Jiyong said.

"Aish." Seungri went back to his food.

Another awkward silence started up. 

"Tabi, mianhe," Bom broke the silence again. 

"For what? It's not your fault I'm fat," Seunghyun said without emotion.

"Hajiman--"

"Gwaenchanha, I won't be coming anyway. Your friends are much more important," Seunghyun stood up and left.

"T-t-tabi--" Bom blinked multiple times, not expecting Seunghyun to act that way. 

"Oh no..." Dara and Jiyong said in unison. 

Just as Seunghyun was leaving Daesung arrived with a new set of clean uniform. 

"Hey, hyung!" Daesung held his hand up for a high-five but Seunghyun just ignored him. "Yah! What's wrong with hyung?" Daesung gave the others a toothy smile and sat beside Bom. Everyone else just stared back at Daesung without an answer.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they left the cafeteria and went their separate ways, Bom and Dara went off to their next class. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Bommie-ah! Yah! PARK BOM!!" Dara poked Bom with a pencil in class. Bom turned to face Dara, "Ye?" 

"What is wrong with you? It's just a misunderstanding! I could tell Jiyong to convice your 'Tabi' to come," Dara gave Bom a reassuring smile. Bom gave back a weak smile and turned back to the teacher. "I'll make sure that fat stubborn mule gets a good kick in the from Ji!" Dara giggled to herself. 

Whilst Dara was enjoying herself, Bom was thinking what could she have done that Seunghyun didn't want to come. "Maybe he was just a bit insecure of himself," Bom thought to herself.

Then someone tapped on her shoulder. Bom looked around to see who it was. 

It was Chaerin. Her fierce, boyish friend. Chaerin was the type of girl who would be a bully, but she used her fierceness for good reasons. Chaerin hung out with guys usually, but she mostly would be with her friends Minji, Dara, Bom, and Jessica.

"Hey, I'll try to come over your party, okay? I wouldn't miss it, since it's your birthday. I'll have to ditch my cousins no matter what!" Chaerin whispered.

Bom smiled, "Kumaweo..."

"It's going to be awesome!" Chaerin chuckled as she fiddled with her pencil. "Yeah...Awesome..." Bom took a deep breath. "Not without Tabi..." Bom silently muttered under her breath.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later after class

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Bom was still unusually quiet after class ended. Dara tried her best to cheer her up. 

"Bommie, gwaenchanha! I already told Ji about fa-- uh-- I mean Seunghyun!" 

She continued to space out and not listen to Dara. 

Both of them were walking around the school grounds when they heard some girls talking...

"Jessica, I feel guilty about this..."

"Yah! Chaerin-ah, I thought you were invincible!" 

They both immediately realized that they were their friends they were eavesdropping on.

"Hajiman...It's Bom's chinggu we're talking about..."

"Hul? What are they talking about?" Bom whispered to her companion. Dara and Bom continued to listen when they heard Bom's name mentioned.

"Yeah, Chaerin-unnie's right... You know it's her birthday unnie...She could kick us out...." Another voice said which Dara and Bom recognized as Minji's.

"Kick-schmick! Who cares? I'm still prettier, smarter, richer, and much more popular than her! I'm not bringing her a present anyway. It's her overweight friend I'm worried about! Glad I talked him out of coming!" 

Bom lost her temper and approached Jessica, "Jessica Jung, you're officially uninvited to my party!"

The rest just gasped in surprise at what Bom did. 

"Bommie-ah...Wh-wh-why are you doing this?" Jessica started to turn pale. 

"You said you didn't care. So, there, you're out!"

"Wae?"

"Il, you're arrogant; I, you don't care; Sam, you hurt Tabi; Sa, you're not bringing me a present; and finally, O, You're not my friend anymore." 

The other three girls were petrified in surprise. 

"Yah! Without me, you're not a slightest bit popular than you ever were!' Jessica barked at Bom with anger.

"Like you said, 'Who cares?'" Bom grinned triumphantly.

"Jess, you're all that already... I don't think you need me around now," Chaerin suddenly spoke up. 

"The unnies are right!" Minji joined the two.

"Yeah! Whatever they said!" Dara butted in, seeing she was the only one except for Jessica siding with Bom.

"HUMPH! YOU GIRLS WILL BE SORRY!!" Jessica was infuriated, embarrassed, and betrayed at the same time and stomped her way out.

"Wow, Bom. I never knew that was in you!" Chaerin chuckled as she watched Jessica leave. "Did ya' see how Jessica got mad?? Her  nostrils were flaring like, big and small, big and small!" Minji loudened the laughter. "Yeah, yeah! And she was curling her arms slowly like the Hulk!" Dara joined the fun.

They all continued to laugh when Bom reminded them about Seunghyun...

"OMO! I almost forgot about him! Ji went over to his house to convince him to come!" Dara exclaimed as she grabbed Bom's arm, "We gotta go fix the problem guys! Annyeong!" 

"Annyeong! Good luck!" the other two said in unison.

They both ran to Seunghyun's house as fast as they could. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At TOP's house

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Bom and Dara panted as they reached Seunghyun's front door. Bom pressed the doorbell as Dara sat on the porch's hand railings. 

"OMO! Bom-ah! And Dara-yah is here too! You must be looking for Seunghyun?" Seunghyun's umma opened the door. "Come in, come in! Jiyong's in there too!" Mrs.Choi pushed them in without letting them answer. 

Bom knew exactly where Seunghyun's room was located since she comes over all the time. She reached her hand out to the doorknob and opened the door. 

Bom peeked at inside to see what they were doing.

"C'mon! Bom wants you to come! You know that!" they both saw Jiyong arguing with Seunghyun inside. 

"Ani! Her friends are important."

"Wae? They're just girls! Who cares about them?"

Bom slightly opened the door wider to see more when it creaked a loud noise. Jiyong and Seunghyun turned to see where the noise came from.

"Omo--hey! Ssantokki! Whatcha' doin' here?" Jiyong's attention was immediately focused on his crush, Dara, as he came closer to them. "Hey, Ji," Dara sweetly smiled at Jiyong.

Noticing that Bom was there, Seunghyun creeped over to his bed and sat on it with his arms crossed. 

Bom opened the door wider and went inside; sitting beside Seunghyun.

As Jiyong and Dara had a small conversation, Bom and Seunghyun were silent. 

"Come on, say something already!!" Bom said to herself. A minute or so passed when Seunghyun broke the awkward silence. 

"So, are you here to personally uninvite me? I hate to break it  to you, Bommie, but I already know."

"Listen Tabi-- I am here to personally invite you to my big birthday bash with ALL the ice cream, cake, doughnuts, and all the scrumptious things your sweet tooth can imagine," Bom grinned at Seunghyun, who was unspeakably surprised. Seunghyun was speechless at what he just heard. His expression looked like an ARE-YOU-KIDDING-ME-BECAUSE-I-NEVER-KNEW-YOU'D-SAY-THAT kind of look. 

Now back to the serious part, "I know about what Jessica told you... And I uninvited her...just for you. You're much MUCH more important than her because she isn't the one who is my 'Brand New Teddy Bear,'"

Seunghyun's expression started to change, Bom's surprise, from surprise to complete joy.

"You know what?" Seunghyun smiled even wider.

"What?" Bom widened her eyes.

Seunghyun bent down to get something from under the bed. It was a sparkly pink present with a red ribbon on top. Bom smiled even more. "Jja," Seunghyun handed it to her. Bom excitedly took it from his grasp and excitedly opened it. 

"I was going to give you that at the party, but I thought I wasn't gonna come, so I planned to give it to you tomorrow at school, but then I realized that I think now would be the best time..." Seunghyun blabbed on and on.

Bom stared down at the gift and took it out the box. It was pink and beautiful-- just the right size. 

"My mom saw it and I--" Bom cut Seunghyun off with a big hug. Tears started to well in her eyes, "Kumaweo." Seunghyun, happy and surprised at the same time hugged her back

Dara and Jiyong smiled at the scene...

Bom couldn't wait to wear it at her birthday...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey everyone!! 

Daragon moment there hehehe~

I have been busy becoz I moved to a different country...sooo---

CHEOSEONHAMNIDA

*repeatedly bows*

Geuraesseo...I hope you enjoyed! 

COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE VERY APPRECIATED!

saranghaeyo and kamsahamnida...

XoXoxOxO

Parkeunnie ;)