Trust

In the Middle of Bloody Affair

 

 

 

The next day, the school starts with a scene of the prettiest girl in our grade, Naeun slapping the school’s playboy, Kai’s face. Kai kinda left her at the funfair last night and when Naeun came over for some sort of explanation, they just break up. It isn’t anything new, but it doesn't fail to become hot gossip's topic of the day. During lunch, Luhan is sleeping again and since there is no more outsider among us, Kai tells me a few things about Vampire Hunter Training that he's currently in.

 

Hunter trainees work on points. They had to collect 2000 points to graduate, to become a legal hunter. The points received from the performance during the training and a few mini missions from the association. However, there are a few reasons that the points would be deducted. It could be breaking rules, discipline problems or fatal mistakes during missions. The amount of points deducted is for Suho to decide as the Head Trainer of South Korea Vampire Hunters Association.

Bright trainees like Kai and Taemin (as Kai claims) can gather up to 70 points per month and more if they are willing to take up the mission. To get into the mission, a trainee will need recommendation from trainers and he will work along with senior hunters during mission. Despite getting points deducted frequently, Taemin is able to keep up his points because he takes a lot of missions. That is how he is close to certain senior vampire hunters. But even Taemin can’t deny that taking up mission is hell tiring and will be worse if the senior hunters you are working with don’t like you (that didn't happen to him, Kai says)

 

Kai said he should be graduating next month but because he attacked Luhan the other day, his points were deducted quite a lot and the he can only graduate 3 months from now – if he works his off, of course.

 

 

****

 

 

“What happened last night?" I ask while I wait for Luhan to pack his stuffs. The classroom is already empty,  so I feel a bit safer to finally ask him. Luhan paused his movement and blinks at me.

 "How did that boy.... Taemin knows?”

Luhan's eyes have that guilty flash when he looks away and he chews on his cherry like bottom lip.  

“I think my eyes changed.” He says, not looking at me “I boy at the nearer booth somehow cut his hand when he was playing game. I think I get .” he explains almost guiltily. 

I sigh as softly as I can because I don't want Luhan to think I'm angry. I'm not angry, I'm just a little... pissed off.

“Luhan, you remember that I registered as your supplier, right?” I place my hand ontop of his to get his attention.

Fail, because he pulls his hand right when I touch it.  

 

“Why are you avoiding me?" I snapped - it's unintentionally. I can't help it. I know Luhan is having a hard time, but it isn't any easier for me neither.

He is still avoiding my stare, but when I notice his fragile body tenses from my question, I automatically feel guilty.

"Why didn’t you just get to me if you’re thirsty?” I try to appear as calm as possible. He doesn't react, so I turn his body to face me. He tries to back away again but I make my hold firm.

Luhan is hanging his head low, almost facing the floor all together and his hands are clenched into tight fists. My heart aches from the sight. Why he is like this? Doesn't he trust me anymore?  

“Luhan, you need to speak to me." I plea desperately and I'm not ashamed of it. 

Luhan raised his face, peeking at me carefully like a child who just get caught stealing cookies. 

"We are in this together, you are not alone. Hmm?” I assure.

It takes him a few second before he nods slowly and I almost drop in relief. 

 

 

“You” He starts. I'm a bit taken aback. So, it has something to do with me? I wait patiently for what comes next.

“You appear to be extremely tasty to me” Luhan says in one breathe and squeezes his eyes shut.

I blink. 

"I'm sorry." He whimpers and tears rolls down his cheeks. 

 

So, he wants to eat me? Surprisingly, I'm not mad or even upset. I'm just shock.

"Luhan," I caress his soft caramel locks affectionately. "It's okay. I don't mind if you want my blood. I didn't register as your supplier not knowing about this thing. I know and I'm willing."

 “You don't understand... I like you too much that I’m afraid that I can't control myself. I don't want to hurt you!” He pressed his face into his palms and sobbed harder.

What have I done? Luhan is suffering this much and I'm the cause of it. 

"Luhan, it's okay." I pull him into a hug. His reflex is to free himself but I don't let him. "I trust you." I whisper.

"But..."

"I trust you, so please trust me too."

 

 

 

We decide to go to my house to... whatever I need to do for Luhan.

But we totally forget the existence of one annoying brat. One our way home, unexpectedly but not surprisingly neither, Taemin is waiting for us in front of our school's main gate.  

 

“Hi ” He chirps rainbows of hell. 

Luhan cowards behind me and I stay indifferent. Kai is not here but I think I can handle this brat.

"What do you want?" 

He doesn't answer me, instead he grins and chuckles happily. Then, he waves his hand towards across the street. A man with short brown tousle hair, glasses on his nose bridge and looks like in his twenties crosses the road, walking towards us. He trips on his own leg on his way but pretends that no one see that.  

 

“So, that is him?” He asks, pointing at Luhan when he reaches us. 

“Yeah” Taemin answers and snickers at us in a victory manner. 

The man scans Luhan up and down in a hateful look and Luhan is clearly bothered by it. I pushed Luhan behind my back protectively. 

The man stares at me. His stare looks bored and uninterested but somehow gives a menacing aura, making me feel uncomfortable. But later, he broke the eye contact and simply comments; 

“Hmm… okay.”

“Onew hyung!” Taemin stomp on the said man's foot. Onew groans in pain and tries to hold the injured limb. 

“What??” He rolls his eyes behind his glasses. 

“He’s a vampire!” Teamin points at Luhan accusingly. We are lucky that there isn't any other student at the gate at the moment because it is already late.

“And?” Onew remains unaffected by Taemin's tantrum. 

“Kill him!!” 

Everyone is surprised by Taemin’s bluntness - even Onew.

“Taemin, stop being ridiculous. I can entertain you with your other nonsense request, but this involves another life. Not to mention it’s illegal.” Onew stands straight, ignoring his pain to display his authority.

“Onew hyung!” Taemin whines like a baby. I can't believe this brat is going to be a vampire hunter. But Kai is not that far from Taemin either. 

“I should have asked Key hyung to come with me.” Taemin pouted childishly.  

“Come on." Onew pats the younger hunter's head "Let’s go, I’ll buy you banana milk.”

Taemin pouted more and dragged his feet but he follows Onew nether less and leaves us without second glance. I guess he likes banana milk a lot.  

 

 

***

 

 

So finally, here we are; in my room with Luhan sitting on my lap, facing each other. Even though we are close to each other, but Luhan is still avoiding me. I let my hands rest on Luhan’s sides while his small hands are playing with his own shirt’s hem, reluctant to touch me and his head hug low, avoiding eye contact with me.  I don’t comment on it because I’m afraid he will get uncomfortable. Later, which feels like forever ( actually a few minutes only) he finally looks up to me.

“Are you really okay with this?” His voice is timid again and he eyed me carefully.

"Yes." It isn't the first or second time he asks me in the past one hour but I still give him the same answer. I don't want him to back out just because I'm not convincing. Both of us know, Luhan needs this.

 

I'm astonished when in the next second, his pair of doe eyes turn into vampire mode, red and glowing. I have seen that a few times during these few days, but never as clear and as close as this. Luhan notices the shock in my eyes and he is clearly unhappy with it that he looks down again.

 

“Hey, baby.” I call gently, seeking for his eyes again. Our eyes met. His eyes are still red, but I realize it is a part of him that I need to accept from now on. I smile at him. “This will turn fine. You will be okay and I will be okay too. Remember what I said? I trust you...”

 

 “and I trust you too.” Luhan completes for me. 

Our gazes meet and for no reason both of us find it funny that we laugh. The air is quickly lighten up and we feel less tensed than before. 

 

“Then I’ll be… doing this" Luhan says when he thinks he's ready. I only nod in agreement. "… but if you are hurt or feeling dizzy or…”

“I’ll pinch you… if you don’t stop, I’ll punch you” I cut him off. The nervousness is clear on his face but he smiles at me.

 

 

Luhan tugs at my shirt collar, exposing my neck. I've ed a few buttons to make it easier for him. Somewhere at the crook of the right side of my neck is where a medium sized tattoo is branded on the day I registered myself as a supplier. I didn't get it on me like the normal tattoos, this one is by magic. It has the shape of symmetrical rose with a letter 'V' in the middle and some code on one of the petals. Kai said it's my license as a supplier and marks me as Luhan's property

 

Luhan traces the symbol on my skin with his fingertips, admiring it or maybe just nervously. Slowly, he puts both of his smaller hands on my upper arms and he leaned in. I felt my heart thumping faster… really fast. Who the hell will not freak out if a vampire is going to feed on them? I lie if I say I’m not scared but I choose to trust my little doe, so I close my eyes. I feel puffs of breathe on my neck and I willingly tilt my neck to the side to give better access for what will come next. Quicker than I imagined, I feel a sharp pain on my neck. It isn’t unbearable but I groan nonetheless.

 

The worst part of it is not the pain but when I can hear my own blood being sip out of my vein and Luhan letting out animalistic growls as he feed. I try my best not to freak out. 

When I get used to the pain and the sensation, I start to aware of Luhan’s soft lips attached on my bare neck and how his on my skin. Somehow, it turns me on. I think I might have moaned but Luhan does not realize or just choose to ignore it.

 

I’m starting to worry when Luhan doesn’t show any sign of stopping me after some time passes. I try to push him gently, but his grips on my arm are not gentle and they are stronger than I think he can manage. Luckily, he pulled off when I call his name.

Both of us are panting. Luhan lips are stained with red liquid; my blood to be exact, but they are gone quickly when Luhan his lips like a cat does after its meal. I'm slightly terrified when Luhan lean onto my neck again, afraid he is going for second round of his lunch but he doesn’t. He just simply at the bite marks, cleaning it from any drop of blood left and I moan at having his wet tongue on my skin again.

 

“You’re tasty.” Luhan mentions when he's done. I don't react because I don't know how to reply to that.

"Really tasty." he purrs as he my jawline. I shudder slightly and I can't help but feeling a bit proud of being tasty for the first time. 

 

Luhan reachs out for my lips but I instinctively pull away. Luhan stares at me, puzzled.

“You have blood in your mouth.” I don’t mean to let it come out judging, but I can’t find better way of stating my point. To my surprise, Luhan isn’t offended by it at all. He just shrugs it off with a small sorry and cheerful giggles afterwards before he goes to my bathroom. 

I can hear him asking to use my mouthwash among the sound of water running from the faucet. I give him my approval with a single hum. While waiting for Luhan to clean himself, I catch my own reflection in the mirror hanging on the wall. I adjust my position to have better look at my bitten neck and I'm surprised to see there are only two red marks on it as if I was bitten by a mosquito instead of a vampire.

 

“Kris said vampire's bites heal quickly.” Luhan comes and claims his earlier spot on my lap. I place my hands on his hips. From the closeness, I could smell my mint mouth wash from his pretty mouth. I bring my face really close to his, our noses almost touching.

“Really?” I'm not really interested with the answer, I'm just trying to provoke Luhan but he doesn’t catch that.

“Um, Kris said it will totally disappear after about 30 minutes!” he exclaims like it's the most fascinating thing he had ever heard. Maybe it is but I don't care and I pout at the name. 

"and Kris said..."

I kiss Luhan on the lips, silencing him. He's first startled by my action but later moves his lips to match with mine.

 

After a long heated kiss, we parted and panting.

"Why you did that when I was still talking?" Luhan asks but not complaining - not when he has the wide grin across his pretty face and his hands roams under my shirt. I thinks he's just teasing me.

I tackle him onto the bed, topping him.

 

“Why do you keep talking about Kris?” I asks back, giving him hickeys on his pale neck at the same time.

Luhan giggles. Now that I see him clearly, he has the brightest smile I have seen on him so far, his doe eyes twinkled in joy and his cheeks flushed with glee. He was in a really good mood. I guess it was worth it, the whole blood thing. 

 

“Jealous?” he taunts in a sing -a-song tone while his hands sneakily undo my belt. 

 I prop myself with my lower arms to close the distance. I kiss him lightly on the eyes and then the tip of his nose. He hums in approval.

 

“I will, if you don’t give me more love.”

I claim his soft lips again and he gladly kisses me back.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

The next day was weekend and it was a lovely morning, so I decided to walk my boyfriend home.

 

A couple of meters before Luhan’s house we see an unfamiliar black Ford car park at the road side. There's a man standing in front of the car, leaning his back on the expensive vehicle as I assume he is the owner of it. The man is very eye catching because of how he dresses in this summer morning. He's wearing a few layers of dark colored clothes, with expensive looking shades and moreover an umbrella. It's a fine day, there isn’t any single drop of rain but he was standing under an umbrella. I have a bad feeling about this man. 

I don’t want to get close to this man but it is inevitable since he is in the way to Luhan’s house.

 

I feel Luhan’s hand in my hand tenses at the sight of the man. I think he might have a vague idea of the man presence but he tries to hide it from me. It isn’t really working because from then on, heavy atmosphere clouds us; we walk in silent, pretending not bothered by the man presence at all, even though both of us really are. Well, our awkward acting don’t last long when the man notices us not long after.

 

“Choi Luhan?” He walks towards us.

We exchange glances and I can see anxiety in Luhan’s eyes, so I squeezed his hand for assurance. He inhales silently before turning to the man. 

“Yeah, that’s me.” He answers carefully, inspecting the man who is now a few feet away from us.

 

The man reddish lips curvs into a smile upon hearing the answer and takes off his shades. His cheeks hollowed a bit, his eyes turn into crescent shapes and his dimples show when he smiles. His skin is very pale but he has a comforting smile. 

 

“I’m Yixing, but you can call me Lay. Kris sends me here.” He hold his hand out to us… or maybe just to Luhan. 

I hear a small “Oh?” from Luhan and his eyes widen in surprise, looking back and forth between the man and I in confusion meanwhile I pretty much have clear idea already. 

 

Great…  another vampire.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

So, it ends XD

haha, there's a room for sequel with Lay's appearance at the end but I'm not sure if I will write that

anyway, sorry if anyone is expecting for . I'm still not confident in writing >.<

 

Please Comment  ^^

 

Last but not least;

please check out my new fics... Baekyeol story ^^

City of Blood (the same background with Luhan's bloody little secret, which is about vampire. But it takes place in New York.)