A date

In the Middle of Bloody Affair

 

 

 

 

 

 

Many people say that I’m ignorant but refuse to accept that. It’s not that I don’t notice, it’s just that I choose to keep silence on it most of the time because I believe lie doesn’t always comes with bad intentions and for me, it’s as a gesture of respecting other’s space. Even though I could accept lies, I took sincerity seriously. Maybe that explained why I don’t have many close friends. 

 

I had suspected Luhan to be a vampire since the beginning. It might sound weird, but I’ve grown up believing mystical existence such vampires, witch and monsters are real. Don’t blame me. My mother coated my childhood with vampires and monsters stories instead of fairytales. She said it’s more fitting to me – not that I understand her. But since I’ve never met a real vampire (or witch or monster) in real life, I thought it was stupid and rude to bring that up to the person that I love, so I’ve never said anything. When Luhan came to said goodbye that night, I knew something was not right. I saw his tears when he ran home, and when the next day Kai spilled everything to me because I forced him to, I didn’t hesitate to believe him. Well, it ended up the right thing that I have done.

 

 

It has been 2 weeks since Kai and I stopped Luhan from migrating to China and 2 weeks since I registered myself as Luhan’s supplier. Since then, my life had gone back to normal… I mean too normal.

 

Now, I know that my boyfriend is a vampire; a blood er creature and my best friend, Kai is a vampire hunter; the one that try to kill vampires. But then, here we are eating our lunch together like always… except we have Kai’s new girl with us today. It’s not girlfriend because Kai never considered his past girlfriends as girlfriends and I believe this time is also the same.  Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not complaining on the peacefulness, I’m concern with the fact that all of us are pretending that everything is back like before. Even I know that it’s not.

 

If I’m to point out one thing that has changed in my life since this whole vampire thing blew on me, it is Luhan. His sleepiness has doubled from before. He basically sleeps throughout whole classes and only sometimes woke up for lunch. Teachers were furious at first, but when nothing works on making Luhan at least wake up for 10 minutes in class, they choose to ignore the pretty sleeping student. Apart from that, I think he’s kinda dealing with angst that he refuses to let me know. At one time, Luhan is very touchy and seductive with me but many times, he suddenly snaps and avoids me all together. It worries me a lot but maybe he needs time to solve whatever he’s dealing with. So, I decide to just be by his side, if he ever needs me…  like now.

 

Luhan is sleeping during lunch again. I wrap my arm around his shoulder to avoid him from falling from his chair. The sandwich in his mouth has long dropped onto his lap – yes, he fell asleep while chewing on his food (again). Kai was busy with his girl, trying to feed him whatever nasty looking food that she claimed she cooked. From Kai’s expression when the food is shoved into his mouth, I believe she is speaking the truth.

Luhan whines and stirs in his sleep. I hold him with both arms, afraid if he would fall from the movement. Maybe I grab him a little too strong, Luhan awakes and I heard him mumbles my name before he opens his eyes.

.

Luhan’s eyes were red and glowing.

 

I cover his eyes with my hand quickly and look around to see if anyone saw Luhan’s eyes. Luckily, no one is paying attention on us, not even Kai and his girl who were sitting across our tables. Luhan is startled with my action and tries to pry away my hand from his face.

“Luhan, you need to wash your face.” I tried to make excuse without arising any suspicious from other students in the classroom.

“What?” He doesn’t catch that.

“Your eyes are too red.” I emphasize again. This time I felt Luhan freeze a moment before he answers low “okay” and covers his eyes with his own hands. Even Kai looks at me knowingly and I give him a glance before I lead Luhan to the toilet. 

 

We go to the third floor toilet where fewer students go. As soon as we enter the room, Luhan almost tumbles onto the sink in. He opens the tap hastily and splashes water to his face furiously soaking his shirt and hair along the way.

“Luhan, stop.” I hold his hands and he stops. I am standing at his back but I could see his face from the mirror on the wall in front of us. Luhan was breathing hard and he squeezed his eyes tightly that it from creases between his brows.

“Relax.” I cooed while rubbing his back soothingly and I see the tense in his face became lesser.

Slowly, he opens his eyes. But then, he is the verge of tears and closes his eyes again when he sees they are still red. I pull his into embrace, letting him buries his face on my chest and I heard him sobs. I rub his back again to let him calm down and after some moment, the sobbing stops.  Then, I feel Luhan moves his face from my chest, up to my shoulder, closer to my neck and his breath ghosts on my skin. I hold my breath.

 

“Luhan! Sehun! Are you okay?” Kai slams the door open.   

 

Like on cue, Luhan pushes me harshly, making me stumble back a step and him stumbles many steps until his back hits the sink behind him. He is panting and holding onto the sink for support. I try to reach him but then, he snaps.

“Go away!” Luhan screams, surprising both Kai and I.

And he dashes out of the toilet before I can say anything, leaving Kai and I clueless to what just happened.

 

 “Uh… what happen?” Kai asks, sounding as confuse as I am.

 

 

 

“Man, that’s .” Kai comments after I told him about what happened.  “I can only guess that it has to something to do with his vampire instinct.”

“What do you mean?”

“How long since he last drank your blood?”

I think my jaw drops. I totally forgot about that. Kai quickly catches what it means.

“Yah, you haven’t feed him yet?” He smacks the back of my head angrily and automatically closing my mouth again as I hiss in pain.

“I don’t know!” I reply defensively while rubbing the sore spot. “He never said anything about that yet.” I see Kai rolls his eyes from the corner of my eyes.

“and Luhan kinda avoiding me these days – you saw that just now” I refers to the fact that Luhan just screamed at me and ran away. Kai sighs and folds his arms.

“Look, I don’t know what happened between you too but you need to fix your relationship if you still want to be Luhan’s supplier. If you don’t, Luhan might get into trouble with the hunters, and the outcome will not be pretty to Luhan.” 

I know but I don’t know what I should do. I don’t understand why Luhan is avoiding me. It’s like he’s afraid but I don’t know from what. Why Luhan is keeping everything to himself? Doesn’t he trust me?

 

“Why don’t you take him on a date? Naeun forced me to go to the funfair with her tomorrow night. Both of you should come along.” Kai cut me from my trail of thoughts, most probably impatience with my silence.

“Why? To cover your if you happen to feel like hitting on other girls?” I ask jokingly.

“Yeah, that too.”

 Both of us laugh loudly from the lame joke.

 

Luhan doesn’t return to class after that and I find him sleeping in the infirmary when school ends. He is sleeping like a baby. His body is curled into a ball on the bed, fingers folded into loose fists and they are placed on the pillow in front of his face, one side of his face is pressed onto the pillow, his pretty pink mouth is slightly pouted and his eyes are puffy. He cried again. It hurts me whenever he’s like this. I know he is suffering, but I can’t help him because he doesn’t let me.

As much as I want him to let him sleeps, it is already late. The infirmary will be locked any time soon, so I shake him gently, calling his name. It takes some time before he finally gives signs of waking up. He whines a little before opening his eyes. I sigh in relief when I see they are chocolate brown; normal eyes.

  

“Luhan, it’s time to go home” I pat his soft locks. I see his lips move with my name but second later, he bites his lips and eyes wide open.

“Sehun, I…” he croaks, voice is still heavy with sleep but with a trouble expression. I know where this is going to.

“It’s ok, Luhan.” I give him a smile along to show that I mean it. He studies my face quietly before he nods and pushes himself up.

 He gets himself ready to go home without anymore words and heavy air lingers between us. Luhan is avoiding me again, even though not physically, but I notice how he avoids my stare and doesn’t take my hand even though we are walking side by side. Maybe he is stressed from what happened recently. Everything is just too sudden, and he is left with no one to guide him about his new self. Maybe at least I can help him lift up some of the stress?

“What are you doing tomorrow night?” I find myself asking. He looks at me but when our eyes met, he looks away again.

“Nothing….  I guess.” He answers without looking at me. I grin and catch his hand into mine.

“Let’s go on a date.”

 

 

***

 

 

“Oppa, let’s go on the ferris wheel!” Naeun shrieks while dragging Kai with her.

“What? Again?” Kai complains.

“Oppa, what are you talking about? This is our first time here.” Her smile disappears and she looks at Kai suspiciously.

“Ah… really? I mean, let’s go! I like ferris wheel too!” Kai fakes excitement and throws his arm over Nauen’s shoulders, bringing smile back to her face as she clings to Kai. I see Kai making a face when she is not looking.

“You guys enjoy, we wanna grab some food.” I call even though they are already on the way towards the ferris wheel.

I hear Naeun yells “Sure” back without turning back at us and Kai glares at us comically but he can’t do anything since he is dragging away by the girl.

I chuckle at the sight and when I turn to Luhan at my side, I see him does the same.  I think I smile wider to see his smile. He blushes when he catches me staring.

 

“Come on, let’s eat something.” I pull his hand as we start walking. “What do you want to eat?” Luhan’s appetite is bigger than normal person and I know for sure that he’s getting hungry by now.

“Umm… something tasty?” he answers absent mindedly, his steps are laced with small skips as he stares at the colorful lights, balloons and various fun looking booths around the place. I’m glad that his mood is good tonight, maybe because it’s night time.

“Tasty? Which one? Waffles? Burger? Apple candy? Err… hotdog?” I list the available food that I see at the food stalls.

“Sehun.”

I stop my steps to stare at Luhan. He covers his mouth with his free hand in surprise and slowly peeks at me. “Hotdog?” he tries again.

“Okay.” I answer a bit hesitantly but try to smile anyway. I let him wait for me there while I go buy the food for us. My mind travels back to what just happened. Did Luhan just put me in the same category as hotdog and burger?  

 

 

The line at the food stall is quite long and when I go back to where I left Luhan, he is still there but with another boy with him. As I approach them, I figure that the boy who is with Luhan is not someone that I know. He’s a few centimeters shorter than Luhan and very skinny, skinnier than Luhan and anyone can easily mistaken him as a girl because of his pretty face and feminine hairstyle. Does Luhan know him? Why is he talking to Luhan?

 

“Luhan.” I call as I reach them. When Luhan turns around, I see his troubling face despite the big smile on the other boy’s face. I wonder what’s wrong.

“What’s up?” I slip my arm onto Luhan’s waist defensively and I notice Luhan grabs me back. He only does that when he feels insecure. The boy raises his brows upon my arrival but his smile doesn’t flatter.

“Your boyfriend?”

Once the boy speaks, I realize what the problem is. The way he speaks, his tone clearly tells that he has some hidden intention and my instinct tells that it’s dangerous.

“Yes, and you are?” I take the role in the conversation since Luhan seems too nervous to keep it on.

“Just a passerby who finds your boyfriend is interesting.” His tone is mischievous but I can sense sarcasm in it. I glare at him, giving him obvious sign to leave us alone. Well, either he is so stupid that he doesn’t catch that or he chooses to ignore it (and I believe it’s the latter one) because he just chuckles at that.

“Do you know that…” he starts and I feel Luhan’s fist tighten on my shirt. “Your boyfriend is a vampire?”

Luhan’s breath catches and he tries to back away but is restricted by my hold around him. He’s panicking. Something is terribly wrong here because despite believing he just met a vampire, the boy doesn’t show any sign of fear at all and can still smiling, almost proudly I would say.

 

“What do you want?” I asks warily.

“So you know?”  

I don’t answer.

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m also a vampire.”

Lie.

“Really?” Luhan gasps in surprise before I can stop him. The boy nods happily in reply. “Then…”

“Taemin!”

 

All of our eyes dart to where the familiar voice comes from. Kai is jogging towards us and he doesn’t have a nice expression on his face.

“What are you doing here, Taemin?” he asks the used-to-be-unnamed boy.

“You know him?” I ask Kai, surprises and Taemin rolls his eyes to Kai.

“You know them?” he sounds both shock and angry.

Kai looks back and forth between us before answering “Yeah”.

 

All of us exchange looks for a few seconds before Taemin speaks again.“Great, then you can help me.” He said to Kai before looking at Luhan and I again.

 “Leave him alone, Taemin. He’s legal and not breaking any rules.” Kai states and Taemin glares at him. I think I glare at Taemin too because now I realize what is going on.

“What is happening?” Luhan inquires. He looks more confuse than scared right now.

Kai inhales and exhales a deep breath before he explains “Taemin’s my training partner. A hunter trainee like me.” Then he turns to Taemin “and they’re my classmates” he pointed to us.

“WHAT?” both of the pretty boys exclaim at the same time. Luhan is about to say something but his face get shoved by Taemin, making him unable to start.  

“Wait, are you’re defending this thing?” the shorter hunter half shouts at his friend while pointing at Luhan.

“I’m not a thing.” Luhan mumbles in protest when I’m able to free his face from Taemin’s hand.  Teamin shoots his glare at Luhan and Luhan glares back. Okay, at least Luhan is not scared anymore.

 

“You know our rules.” Kai interjects when Luhan and Taemin almost claw each other’s face.

“ the rules.”  Teamin huffs in annoyance.

“I’m telling Suho hyung.”

“What?”

“I’ll tell him to deduct 100 of your points, or maybe if I altered the story a bit, up to 300?” Kai threatens.   

“Don’t you dare.” Taemin points his finger at Kai threateningly and his face starts to flush with anger.

“Wanna try me?” Kai smirks, noticing his threat is working on his hunter friend.

“Unfair!” Taemin stomps his feet on the ground. He glowers at Luhan and I before he walks away, but it doesn’t look as scary because he looks like he is about to cry.

 

“Sehun, take Luhan away.” Kai tells me when Taemin is far enough from us. I looks at Kai questioning.

“I know Taemin. He’s coming back, and most probably together with his hyungs.” He explains briefly and it is enough to convince me.

 

“Kai, thanks.” I tell him before I take Luhan’s hand and lead him exiting the funfair.

 

What a terrible date. 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been postponing this too long, so I decided to post two parts (since I still haven't finish it)

Sorry if this is too short or not to your liking >.<

I'll try to finish the next chapter quickly!

 

Comment and subscribe ^^

 

* for no reason adding Taemin's picture XD