The Wishes

My Girlfriend is a Ghost

Jonghyun returned to the hospital ward in a flash with two piping hot cups of coffee in each hand.

"Mr and Mrs Park, here's your-" Jonghyun stopped abruptly.

Mr and Mrs Park had fallen asleep on the couch together, Mrs Park laying on Mr Park's chest.

Jonghyun couldn't help feeling the ridiculous jealousy grow in him. He loved Seo Eun so much. But they don't even have this chance to be together.

Jonghyun turned to look at Seo Eun.

She wasn't there.

Jonghyun turned 360 degrees and scanned the room hastily.

She wasn't there.

"Seo Eun where are you? Come out now." Jonghyun whispered.

No one replied.

"Seo Eun this isn't funny." Jonghyun raised his voice a little higher, anxiety filling him.

"Jonghyun ah."

Jonghyun turned around in relief, a huge smile hanging on his face. When he saw who was at the door, he stopped short. The smiled was wiped off his face immediately.

"Onew hyung?" he asked, tears starting to flow.

"Hey jjong! What's wrong? Are you that unhappy that the rest of SHINee came to see Seo Eun for the last time? I'm sorry. I figured her parents were here as well so we weren't exacting interrupting your-" Onew started.

"Hyung.." Jonghyun breathed.

Onew stopped.

"Seo Eun.." Jonghyun cried hard. "Seo Eun.. she left."

"Whaa?" Key asked astonished. He glanced at Ji Eun's body lying on the bed with the oxygen mask still on.

"No she's still there yeobo what are you-"

"SHE LEFT!" Jonghyun screamed, clutching his heart.

Mr and Mrs Park woke with a start and saw Jonghyun in his terrible fit.

"Yeobo let's get you out of here." Key said, bowing to Mr and Mrs Park and led Jonghyun to the rooftop with Onew following behind.

Minho and Taemin sighed and looked back at the two confused people.

They greeted Mr and Mrs Park and started explaining the JongEun love story from the very beginning.

-------------------------------

"Yeobo... She must have had her reasons." Key tried.

Jonghyun stomped off muttering angrily. "She left me! Why? We agreed to spend this day together! To spend her last moments together! Why did she go off early! WHY! Doesn't she know how important those mere seconds with her are to me?"

"Yeobo.." Key tried stopping him but Onew held him back.

"Let him be alone for once." Onew shook his head.

Key sighed and watched as the depressed Jonghyun ran out of the hospital.

It was raining very heavily when Jonghyun stepped out of the hospital. It seemed very apt for how he was feeling then. He didn't mind the rain a single bit and continued running aimlessly around, hoping for the rain to wash his troubles away.

"SEO EUN!" Jonghyun screamed and collapsed on his knees.

"Please come back. Please..."

Jonghyun laid on the muddy grass and closed his eyes.

"I wish Seo Eun was alive. All these pain would not be here if she had been alive.."

------------------------------

Seo Eun returned to the shelter in the park where Jonghyun and her had just been hours ago.

She glanced at every corner and tried to memorise all the memories she had with Jonghyun here.

"It hurts so much to leave..

How I wish I wasn't a ghost. How I wish I was still alive.."