Suspicion

My Girlfriend is a Ghost

Jonghyun rushed back to the dorm in record time. The SHINee members had just finished their breakfast and were clearing up.

"Omo Yeobo! Back so early?" Key asked.

"Hey I have something to ask you all!" Jonghyun panted.

"What?" Minho asked.

"Remember about 3 months ago, lee soon man called us to his office? He said he had this new talented girl trainee which he had obviously adored, and he wanted her to debut with a song together with SHINee!" Jonghyun asked all in one breath.

"Yeah!" Taemin nodded thoughtfully. "I almost forgot about it! Why did the plan suddenly stop?"

"Oh yeah now that you mentioned it, I remembered!" Onew cried. "At that time I heard from the other workers that lee soon man Sunbae really liked this new trainee a lot. Apparently she came from the countryside but she was so stunningly beautiful and had a great voice. Lee soon man Sunbae liked her so much that he even forked out money for her parents to follow her to Seoul!"

"MWO?" Minho asked surprised. "Our dorm was paid by our savings altogether and he even brought the girl's parents? Wow he must really like the girl!"

"Yeah." Onew continued. "I heard from the workers that the day this new trainee was scheduled to come to the company for the official introduction to the other groups, she didn't turn up. Lee soon man Sunbae and the others waited for more than 3 hours. But according to those that were there, they said that they didn't find Lee soon man exceptionally shocked or surprised that she didn't turn up. In fact, he seems to have expected it."

"Jonghyun Yeobo ah, do you think, Seo Eun could be that girl trainee?" key gulped.

"That's what I thought." Jonghyun nodded, and knitted his eyebrows deep in thought.

"Oh god if this is the case, then could it be that lee soon man Sunbae is some what connected to Seo Eun's death?" Minho asked.

"Omo! I can't bear this any longer!" Taemin wailed and covered his ears.

"Okay that's enough!" Minho said and led Taemin away.

"I must try to get to those records of trainees!" Jonghyun said frustratedly.

Key nodded and went to ask the sunbae's where those records were kept.

"Jonghyun ah, I want to talk to you privately." Onew said.

Jonghyun looked at him surprised. "Okay, let's go to your room. Seo Eun's still asleep in mine."

Onew nodded and led Jonghyun there.

Onew sighed after closing the door. "Jonghyun ah, please control your feelings."

Jonghyun looked at Onew in surprise.

"What?"

"Jonghyun, you're so dense sometimes! "Onew sighed frustratedly. "Don't you realize that you're too concerned over Seo Eun?"

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows. "No I just treat her as a normal friend."

"But I realized that you treat her with even more care than SeKyung!" Onew exclaimed.

*I do? But it's true that Seo Eun is much better than SeKyung, maybe that's why I treat her well?*

"Jonghyun ah," Onew said, "I just want to warn you, please do not ever fall in love with Seo Eun."

"Why?" Jonghyu blurted out before he could help it. "Why? Seo Eun's a great girl! Why?"

Onew looked desperately at Jonghyun. "DID YOU FORGET? SHE'S A GHOST!"

Jonghyun froze.

"There'a no way the dead and the undead can be together! You can't have the whole batch of football team of kids you dreamt of having, you can't marry, you can't even hold your girlfriend'a hand! Even if you don't mind all these, will Seo Eun stay by your side forever? Ghosts aren't meant to be here mixing with the undead. Someday, she'll have to go away. What are you going to do then? So please please please.. Don't fall in love with her!"

Jonghyun continued freezing in his seat.

"Please thin about what I said." Onew said sadly.

He looked at Jonghyun one last time before going out.

*Why do I have a feeling that all my talk is already too late?*