Raindrops To Your Heart

Raindrops To Your Heart

 

 

 

 

||~*Raindrops To Your Heart*~||

Inspired By:WongFu's Production "The Last"

 

 


 

||~*~||

 

Jongin breaths out; His warm breath precipitating as it condenses into a small cloud of fog that disappears as quickly as it comes. His normally plump, full, rosy lips are now chapped and numb as he uses one arm to hug the jacket closer- while the other is wrapped tightly around the umbrella handle. The slick water lines the gravel as he trudges along, wishing for nothing but to be in the warm confines of his cozy apartment. 

He hums softly, not for fun, but to keep his mind off from the cold that comes with winter's rainy days and his mind wanders to little nothings that distract him from the intensifying rain. Today is lovely, he thinks, because he knows that rainy days bring a certain someone to his front door.

 It doesn't take him long to reach his apartment building and he blindly fishes into his pockets with his free hand to retrieve his keys as he approached his door.

"Jongin-ah." 

The sound of his name in a soft, gentle voice draws his attention and his eyes land on a small, dainty being that captivates him in seconds. In those same seconds, his heart flutters to life and a smile dances along his lips.

The smaller being was leaning up against Jongin's front door with a lopsided grin plastered to his pink, luscious lips and oh, how Jongin loves that grin. His normally round, deep brown orbs were crinkled into crescents and his normally pale cheeks were a rosy, petal color as all the blood seemed to rush to his face. His dark brown locks seemed drenched from the rain and Jongin frowned when the other held no umbrella. He was dressed similar to Jongin; large raincoat, boots, and faded jeans. 

"Kyungsoo." Jongin cooed softly, smile returning to his lips, and outstretched his arms as he silently requested for a hug. Kyungsoo's grin only seemed to get wider as he made light steps to Jongin- wrapping his arms tightly around the taller one.

They stand there for a moment- wrapped tightly in  each other's embrace as content sighs left their lips. Kyungsoo was drenched, but he didn't mind so much as he drowned in Jongin's radiating heat.

"Jongin-ah....I'm cold." Kyungsoo murmurs softly and Jongin pulls back from the embrace to flash a small, soft smile- that one sentence was one Jongin had heard countless of times this season. 

Jongin reaches up and gently pushes damp locks from Kyungsoo's eyes. "I know. I know."

He pulls back completely as he sets the drenched umbrella to the side and uses the same hand to interlace his fingers with Kyungsoo's before guiding him into the warm apartment.

 

 

 

||~*~||

 

 

A small giggle leaves Kyungsoo's lips as he snuggles into Jongin and places a soft peck on the taller one's cheeks and Jongin gifts back a smile as he leans close to whisper sweet nothings to the shorter one. They're cuddled together on Jongin's small, worn out couch with the heater and they're in spare clothes Jongin purposely sets aside for rainy days. The tv's turned off and the only light that illuminates Jongin's small flat is a lap in the corner and the few streams of sunlight that seep through the baby-blue curtains. 

In contrast to the air outside, the apartment is warm and cozy- and Jongin is sure that it has more to do with the man he's in love with that's snuggled into his side rather than the heater itself. But he loves it. He loves all of it and he let's the shorter one know by leaning down to place a soft, but searing, kiss onto the shorter one's full lips. He pulls back and smiles down like he normally does-but this time is different. He can see it in Kyungsoo's features and the smile soon disappears from the taller one's lips as he gazes with question into the shorter one's eyes. Kyungsoo looks away to avoid being caught, but Jongin is all too quick for that.

"What is it, Kyungsoo?" Jongin asks softly as he places a finger under the shorter one's chin and lifts his head up slightly so their eyes meet. Kyungsoo bites his lips as he tries to look elsewhere, but he knows it's useless because Jongin has amazing perceptive skills and Kyungsoo is all but an open-book. 

"It's nothing, Jongin-ah." Kyungsoo breaths as he flashes a smile, but Jongin sees that this smile is hideous because it doesn't reach the shorter one's eyes- it's fake and Jongin knows.

Jongin reluctantly unravels his arms from the shorter one and reaches up to cup his face instead as he brings their foreheads together. The sweet, soft smell of lavender from Kyungsoo floods Jongin's nostrils and his eyes flutter ever-so-slightly at the shorter one's overwhelming, inviting fragrance.

"Kyungsoo." Jongin says more sternly this time and a sigh escapes the shorter one's lips- letting Jongin know he's won this tiny battle.

Kyungsoo his bottom lip between his teeth as he nervously fiddled with the hem of the oversized t-shirt Jongin had lent him. Their foreheads are still pressed together and he breaths out as he prepares to say the words that force his heart to hammer against his ribcage. Jongin shivers ever-so-slightly as the shorter one's breath glosses over his lips and he wait patiently for Kyungsoo to begin.

"Jongin...I've been meaning t-to say something....." Kyungsoo stutters out and he watches as the taller one's face shatters as the fear arises in his eyes.

"Don't tell me.....Kyungsoo, are you leaving me?" Jongin chokes out as the thoughts force tears to brim in his eyes and Kyungsoo's jaw drop at the younger one's heart-breaking question.

"No,no,no! Of course not. Why would you even think that?" Kyungsoo frantically brushed away the small droplets of tears that escaped Jongin's beautiful eyes as he peppered the taller one's face with gentle kisses.

"Because....You're perfect." mumbles Jongin and Kyungsoo watches in shock as the taller one's cheek flourish with a lovely petal color. 

"Huh?" Kyungsoo blurts as he stares at Jongin with widened, but gorgeous eyes.

Jongin breaths in and exhales softly before he reaches to the shorter one's cheeks softly with his fingertips.  "You're Perfect, " Jongin repeats before leaning in to place another soft kiss on Kyungsoo's lips. ", You're so perfect that I wonder how someone like me ended up with you. I wonder how I always end up having you within my arms because honestly, it never made sense as to why you ever approached me first." 

Kyungsoo's quiet at first as he takes in Jongin's words and the look in the younger one's eyes let Kyungsoo know that Jongin's being sincere. A soft sigh leaves Kyungsoo's lips as he reaches and intertwined Jongin's fingers with his own.

"Jongin-ah, are you free tomorrow?" Kyungsoo asks suddenly and Jongin adorably his head to the side as he finds Kyungsoo's sudden question startling.

Kyungsoo never asked about tomorrows because Jongin finds that the shorter one only comes to his apartment on the days that are cold and wet. He is taken aback as to why Kyungsoo asked, but he nods his head nonetheless.

"Yes, I am free." Jongin states and Kyungsoo nods before smiling sweetly. Jongin's heart flutters at the sight because it's one of those dazzling smiles that makes Kyungsoo so endearing. 

"I would like to go somewhere tomorrow with you...also, would it be too much to ask if I stay here tonight?"

Jongin sort of freezes as he stares at the shorter one with curiosity-filled eyes. Kyungsoo was never one to ask for dates nor would he ever ask to spend a night. Even during the countless nights where Jongin embraces Kyungsoo in the intimate and passionate way, the shorter one would always return home before the clock strikes twelve. They've been dating for months, yet this is the first time Kyungsoo's ever asked Jongin for such things. 

"Before I answer....will you tell me what it was that you wished to tell me earlier?" 

Kyungsoo chuckles softly, a hint of sadness and worry in his laugh, before he leans in and pecks Jongin lightly on the nose. "Of course I'll tell you, but I want to tell you tomorrow. Is that alright?"

This frightens Jongin just a little because Kyungsoo's eyes show something that for the first time- Jongin isn't able to read. Jongin ignores the weird feeling that stirs in his heart and smiles before pecking Kyungsoo's forehead softly.

"Of course it's alright." Jongin answers and Kyungsoo smiles before rewarding the taller one with a soft kiss on the lips.

"Alright. Thank you. " Kyungsoo replies as he wrapped his arms tightly around the taller one's neck- grip tighter than before and Jongin feel like the older one is afraid to let go. Jongin returns the hug- as he is equally afraid that Kyungsoo will suddenly disappear from his grasp.

 

||~*~||

 

Jongin awoke to the soft hum of the rain beating against his window panes and his eyes flicker over to the clock that rest on his bedside stand. Despite the overcast of clouds outside, Jongin sees that it's already eleven in the morning and a smile perches on his lips as he figured that Kyungsoo must have known that it was going to rain once more.

With his morning haze gone with the minutes, his eyes wander to the stunning man that lays next to him with one arm thrown over his hip. His smile returns as he gazes upon Kyungsoo and listens to the soft, cute snores that leave the shorter one's lips. Seeing Kyungsoo in his bed, under his covers, wrapped in his arms is enough to make Jongin feel as though he has all he could ever want in the world. That simple thought floods Jongin's very being with every ounce of love he has for the shorter one and he places a kiss -one that holds the core to all his love- onto the older one's lips before gently shaking the other awake.

Kyungsoo's eyes flutter open as it takes a few moments for him to fully come around and a insanely gorgeous smiles dances along his lips as he's greeted by the sight of Jongin smiling back. He leans in to place a soft kiss on Jongin's neck as he snuggles further into the taller one's embrace- hiding his face in the younger's chest.

"Good morning, Jongin-ah." Kyungsoo murmurs softly and Jongin smiles to himself at how lovely his name sounds in the older one's voice. He places a kiss to the shorter one's temple as his hands rub soothing circles along the older one's back.

"It's nearly the afternoon, but good morning to you, too." 

Kyungsoo pulls back as a soft giggle escapes him and he leaves yet another of a million pecks on Jongin's cheek. "It seems we slept in. Shall we get up and get going? Don't forget that today belongs to just you and me." 

Jongin grins at the shorter one's words and moves to hover over top Kyungsoo as he peppers the shorter one's face with delicate, morning kisses. "A day for just me and you?"

Kyungsoo see's the hope and twinkle in the taller one's eyes and he reaches up to gently lace his fingers into the taller one's locks before tugging him down for a kiss.

"Just you and me." Kyungsoo assures and Jongin all but hops off the bed and rushes to the bathroom- pulling Kyungsoo along with him. Kyungsoo can't help but adore the younger one as he sees the excitement in the other's eyes just at the knowledge of spending the day in each other's company. 

They take a long bath together, one full of wet, but soft kisses and hesitant touches- but of nothing more as both want to just bask in the glow of spending another day with each other. Jongin is perfectly fine with all of it because it's more than he could even dream of asking for. Although they're dating, Kyungsoo rarely has time due to the fact that he's attending med school and Jongin doesn't ask for any more than he's given because he knows how hard Kyungsoo works. That and he doesn't want to hinder the older one from his childish needs. Compared to Kyungsoo, Jongin sees himself as a child despite being old enough to be called an adult. He has no big, outstanding dream, like the older one as he is content with living in the present and he finds that when he thinks of his future, all he can think about is Kyungsoo. And when he think's of Kyungsoo, he finds himself questioning if he is enough for the older in the way that Kyungsoo is enough for him.

After the bath, they change into another set of spare clothes that Jongin had set aside and after throwing on raincoats, they find themselves walking quietly along the sidewalk- huddled together under Jongin's large umbrella. The rain is light, like the way Jongin feels at the moment, and he can't help but to sneak small pecks onto the shorter one's cheeks as he intertwines their fingers tighter. He watches with a small smile as Kyungsoo's cheeks flourish with a lovely pink color and he knows that it's more so from the fact that a few passerbyers had seen rather than from the cold that hugs the air.

"Where are we going?" Jongin asks as Kyungsoo leads him around a corner and onto a familiar street. Kyungsoo flashes a small smile as this time he is the one to lean up and place a small peck on the taller one's cheeks.

"It's a secret. You'll find out soon." Kyungsoo replies and Jongin would've pressed his question further, but he settles with what he's given.

The walk is only a few minutes, filled with whispers of sweet words and stolen kisses, and when they come to a stop- Jongin finds himself staring at the cafe where he first met Kyungsoo.They hadn't been there together in months and Jongin shoots the older one a questionable look, but Kyungsoo just smiles before leading the younger one into the warm cafe.

They sit in the back by an oversized window at the same table they sat at months before and Kyungsoo orders hot chocolate- just like he had months before. Jongin is unsure as to why he was brought there, but when he sees that lopsided grin he's fallen in love with, all his questions die on his lips as he just stares lovingly at the man before him. Their feet tangle together teasingly under the table as the two sip at the hot chocolate and Jongin is almost positive that the warm feeling that crashes over him is more so from Kyungsoo rather than the steaming hot chocolate. 

Kyungsoo heats up, but it's mostly to do with the way that Jongin refuses to look away from him and the younger one's soft gaze is full of nothing but smothering love and Kyungsoo decides to test him.

"Why do you look at me like that?" Kyungsoo asks softly and Jongin freezes just as he brought the cup of hot chocolate to his lips. He sits the cup down before cocking his head in a playful attempt to avoid the older's question.

"What do you mean?" Jongin asks, but he knows and Kyungsoo knows because Kyungsoo's almost as perspective as Jongin and the older assumes it comes with being in a relationship. A small, playful smirk plays on Kyungsoo's lips and Jongin is caught off guard at the expression.

The older tilts his head towards the window that the table is pressed up against and he parts his lips as he's just centimeters from the glass. He blows hot air against the cold window, watching as it fogs, before he lifts a finger to write. Do you love me that much? The question fades almost as quickly as it was written and when Kyungsoo turns his attention back to the younger one, he's sure that Jongin had seen. 

Jongin's eyes are wide and an adoring blush has flooded his cheeks as he stares at the place where Kyungsoo's question was. Kyungsoo never brought up love and there was once when Jongin made the mistake of doing so- only to find out that the older was indeed a skeptic on the subject of whether or not the love seen in movies exist.

Kyungsoo watches quietly as he takes a sip of his hot chocolate- waiting to see Jongin's next move. Jongin repeats the older one's actions as he leans close to the window. He lifts up a finger and begins to drag his fingers in certain motions over the fogged area. He pulls back shortly after and his eyes seemed to be glued to the cup infront of him as his face looked completely flushed. 

Kyungsoo's eyes catches Jongin's message before it disappears and a small giggle left his lips before he stood up to lean over the table- lifting Jongin's head with a finger to place a soft kiss on his lips. Jongin flushes more at the public display of affection because Kyungsoo was never one to act like that. 

The older one felt bubbly inside as he thought of the faded message the younger one had drew. Jongin had drawn a heart with the words enough to marry you and Kyungsoo thought that it was the most innocent, yet cutest thing he ever saw. He wasn't one to publicly display any affections, but he'd make that exception for Jongin.

He placed yet another soft kiss on Jongin's lips, but this time is was longer than the previous one and instead of staring like a deer in headlights, Jongin quickly returned the kiss. 

"Shall we get going?There's more to do." Kyungsoo says softly and Jongin just nods- still too shocked to snap out of his daze that revolves around the one person who makes him feel as if he's dreaming all the time. Kyungsoo is Jongin's dream and even if the world thought it was silly- it was enough for Jongin.

 

 

||~*~||

 

 

They'd spent the day wandering all over the city and it didn't take Jongin long to notice that all the places they went were ones that they've been to before. The questions he thought of asking before bubbled to the surface as they now found themselves at the city park- the place where Kyungsoo agreed to become Jongin's lover for all intense and purposes.

They stood near the park pond with barely any space between them as they  huddled together under Jongin's umbrella due to the intensifying rain. A shiver courses through Kyungsoo as the air seemed to only get colder and Jongin didn't waste time to pull the shorter one closer to his chest.

Kyungsoo's breath caught as he found his lips just centimeters from Jongin's and after watching yet another, all too familiar blush flood Jongin's cheeks- he leans up to kiss him once more.

Jongin snakes an arm around Kyungsoo's waist as he deepens the kiss- asking for just a tiny bit more, but not enough to be greedy. It last for a few sweet moments before Kyungsoo pulls back to peer up into the younger one's eyes- and Jongin sees it. He sees the conflicting sadness and worry in Kyungsoo's eyes and he can no longer keep back the questions that have been eating him alive.

"Kyungsoo..." Jongin says softly and Kyungsoo's eyes falter ever-so-slightly. He knows that look in Jongin's eyes and he nods in answer to Jongin's silent, but obvious plea.

"Jongin-ah...I have to tell you a few things..." Kyungsoo says softly as his eyes lower and he naturally in his bottom lip to begin chewing at it from his nervous habit.

Jongin doesn't remove his arm from Kyungsoo's waist as he leans in to peck Kyungsoo's nose. "Go ahead." 

Kyungsoo's eyes flutter close as he takes a deep breath and when he opens them, he stares right into Jongin's worried orbs. "I have to...I have to leave."

It's silent once those words leave Kyungsoo's mouth and Jongin doesn't really understand what the older one truly means, but he understands that Kyungsoo's going somewhere and where he's going doesn't include Jongin. The tears seem to appear like magic and they're escaping from Jongin's eyes so rapidly that Jongin just stares at Kyungsoo quietly."You...said you weren't leaving me..."

Jongin's voice is coming out accusingly and Kyungsoo panics as he quickly reaches up to cup the taller one's face to brush the tears away softly with his lips.It stings a little for Kyungsoo, as he sees that Jongin's accepted the outrageous thought that Kyungsoo's leaving him and he accepted it so easily. " Shhs, shhs, don't cry, Jongin-ah. Just here me out,okay?"

Jongin hesitates, unsure if he wants his heart to be ripped out, but because it's Kyungsoo, he listens. 

Jongin's tears haven't stopped, but Kyungsoo can tell that the younger one is listening. He leans up to pepper the taller one's face with soothing kisses. "I love you, Jongin-ah. I love you."

The shock is enough to halt Jongin's tears and Kyungsoo's confession more so frightens Jongin rather than soothes him. "But you....don't believe in love..?"

A lopsided grin, one that just knocks the breath out of Jongin every time, dances along Kyungsoo's lips before he stares into Jongin's warm, brown orbs. "I never did...but that was before you came storming into my life like a hurricane. Hurricane Jongin...I like the sound of that."

Kyungsoo teases Jongin a little, but the younger one's emotions are too all over the place for him to understand anything. "No, you don't love me....it's impossible...and what did you mean by leaving?"

Jongin's questions flood from his mouth like a waterfall and Kyungsoo sighs when he sees that the younger one was being completely serious- as if it was too impossible for Kyungsoo to even hold feelings for the younger one. " I do love you, Jongin. I love you, Kim Jongin."

The words are so pretty, so damn beautiful, coming from Kyungsoo that it seems all to unreal for Jongin, but he doesn't question further. He remains silent as he stares at Kyungsoo and the older one can see the uncertainty in the taller one's eyes.

Kyungsoo take Jongin's freezing hand and brings it to his lips to place soft pecks on each of his fingertips. " I'm not leaving you, Jongin. I am leaving this city....well this country for that matter."

Jongin's eyes widened and it seems as though he missed Kyungsoo's first sentence as he begins to shake- and Kyungsoo knows that it's not from the cold that pierces the surrounding air. "Why...?"

"I'm not leaving you, Jongin," Kyungsoo restates as he stares into the younger one's eyes firmly. ", I'm leaving this place. I've been offered a spot in a program at one of the best medical schools in Shanghai. I'll be moving there next month."

"So...you're leaving me..." Jongin breaths out and he's staring at Kyungsoo, but he's not really looking at the older one.

A growl leaves Kyungsoo's lips as he reaches up to crush their lips together. "Damn it, Jongin! Listen to me. I am not leaving you! I love you, Jongin. I love you and I....I don't know how you're going to feel about this, but I want you to go with me."

Kyungsoo kind of blurts it all in one go and slams his eyes shut as he thinks that Jongin's going to decline to just up and leave everything he has here, but Kyungsoo doesn't realize that he's not one Jongin would ever decline anything from.  Yet, Kyungsoo is frightened because he's come to realize that a life with Jongin isn't one he wants to live and for the first time, he wants to be extremely selfish and take the younger one with him- even if it means hogging all of the younger one's youthful days.

"I'm sorry...," Jongin breaths and Kyungoo's heart shatters at the taller one's words because he thinks that he's being declined. ", I-I don't think I heard you over the pouring rain. Can you repeat what you said?"

Kyungsoo's eyes finally flutter open as he stares at Jongin and he knows that the taller one heard every word. Of course Jongin heard every word, but he wanted to hear them again. He needed to hear them again just to make sure that he wasn't going insane.

"Come with me, Jongin. I love you and I can't promise you that it'll be any easier in China. You'll have to learn a whole new language, leave your family behind, make new friends, find a new job. But....this spot is a once-in-a-lifetime offer and I want to take it, but I'm in love with you and I don't think I could bare to live apart from you. Come with me, Jongin." Kyungsoo breaths out and the way it comes out is as if he's pleading. 

It's silent, with the exception of the pouring rain, and Jongin just stares down at Kyungsoo who's looking up at him with hopeful, but frightened, eyes. He let's the words sink in as he just stares in shock. 

Kyungsoo just said he was in love with Jongin.

Kyungsoo just said he wanted Jongin to go with him.

Jongin thinks its unreal because someone as perfect as Kyungsoo being in love with him just seems unrealistic. Kyungsoo can see the conflict in the younger one's eyes and he tiptoes up to give him a searing kiss.

"I'm in love with you, Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo murmurs against Jongin's lips and the realization suddenly hits Jongin like a surge storm as he drops the the umbrella before slamming their lips together.

A small squeak slips past Kyungsoo's lips as he's swept away by the sudden breathtaking kiss, but he returns the kiss nonetheless as the two get soaked from the pouring rain.

Jongin's hands cup Kyungsoo's face tightly, as if he's afraid to let go because the moment might disappear, and Kyungsoo's equally afraid as he wraps his arms tightly around Jongin's waist.

"I love you, Kyungsoo. I love you." Jongin whimpers softly against Kyungsoo's lips and even though it's raining- the shorter one can tell that  somewhere mixed into the raindrops are Jongin's tears.

Kyungsoo doesn't need words to know that Jongin agreed to go along with his selfish plans and Kyungsoo's so extraordinarily happy that he crushes their lips together once more.

"Jongin-ah," Kyungsoo cooed softly as he broke the kiss. Jongin stares down at Kyungsoo with a soft smile and he doesn't have to ask to know what the shorter one wishes to say next. ", I'm cold."

Jongin kisses Kyungsoo once more before he leans down to pick up the now useless fallen umbrella. He intertwines their fingers as he's gifted with a soft smile from Kyungsoo. "I know, I know."

 

 

||~*~||

 

 

Their breaths are shallow and rapid as they lay next to each other in Jongin's warm bed- trying to come down from their high. Jongin's eyes dart to Kyungsoo as the sight is breathtaking. It's always breathtaking, but today was different from the others. Kyungsoo's eyes are shut in pleasure as his chest heaves up and down and he fights to draw in needed air through his parted lips. His plump lips and cheeks are red from their strenuous activities and their bodies are slick with sweat as they bask in the aftermath of their intimate connection. 

Jongin reaches over and pulls the exhausted Kyungsoo to him and flush against his chest. A small giggle leaves Kyungsoo's lips as he lazily throws an arm over Jongin's bare hip and places a soft kiss on the taller one's chin. 

"I love you, Jongin-ah." Kyungsoo promises softly and for a second the younger one tenses as he's still not used to hearing such sweet words from Kyungsoo. The older one knows about Jongin's hesitation and uncertainty, but he's willing to confess over and over again till the younger one believes him.

"How many were there before me?" Jongin asks softly and it take Kyungsoo a second to realize what Jongin's talking about.

A soft sigh leaves Kyungsoo's lips as he pulls back to stare up into the uncertain eyes of the taller one. " Jongin...don't..."

"Tell me...If I'm giving up everything here to follow you to China, I deserve that much." Jongin replies and Kyungsoo gently places a kiss on the taller one's nose.

"Five." Kyungsoo states softly and he watches as nervousness flickers across the taller one's eyes. Jongin chews on his bottom lip, a habit he's picked up from Kyungsoo, as he hesitates to press further.

"Go on." Jongin presses and Kyungsoo watches as the younger one's eyes flutter close as if he's bracing himself for information he's possibly not ready to hear.

"I've loved five people before you, Jongin, " Kyungsoo says as he emphasized the past tense regarding his love for those previous of Jongin. Jongin reaches up to drag his fingers gently through the older one's hair and Kyungsoo took it as a sign to continue. " Who, What, When,Where, and Why. I never told any one of them that I loved them because well...at the time I didn't really know that it was love. Also, I was frightened. The connections with them all eventually failed in the end, which led me to think that just maybe the love you see in movies really doesn't exist. But then you showed up and not only did you force me to realize that I was so madly in love with you and that the feeling actually exist, but it was also you that made me realize that I've loved the five from the past and that they shaped the way I love you now."

Jongin's fingers hesitate slightly as he is caught off guard by Kyungsoo's choice to name his previous loves as such and he was certainly confused by the older's words, but he continued to run his fingers through the older one's hair regardless. "Tell me about them."

Kyungsoo sighed softly and placed a soft kiss on Jongin's lips before he continued:

 

 

||~*~||

 

"Who I loved, was a man I met during my first year of college. He wasn't that much taller than me and he was....well, he was handsome.  He had honey brown locks, deep brown eyes, and the most puffy cheeks I'd ever seen. He was down to earth, funny, and kind and everyone loved him. He was also smart and he was a third year. I met him in the library and it was like a scene from a classic drama. I reached up to take  one of the biology books off the shelf and due to my short height, I was tippy-toeing. I lost balance quickly and I expected to fall back onto the floor, but instead I fell into him. That's how I met him. Funny isn't it? He reached up and although he was on his tippy-toes as well, he retrieved the book and handed it to me with a soft smile that made his cheeks puff out even more. Ever since then, I made trips to the library, even when I didn't need to, just to strike up a conversation with him. I was infatuated with him, even when I didn't know much about him, but what I did know was enough for me. He always smiled and offered help to me whenever I lied to him about struggling with some classes.I found out through the small study sessions that he was bright and warm....like the sun. He carried himself with pride, but he was also a person with a good heart. The only problem was that that side of him wasn't one he showed just to me, but to everyone else as well. And while he turned me down nicely after I confessed to him, part of me still believed that maybe- just maybe- there was something there. I tried to think of why it didn't work out like in the movies and I couldn't come up with anything. The year quickly passed and I never saw him  again after that, but for some reason part of him still stayed with me."

 

||~*~||

 

"What I loved, was my childhood friend. I met him in middle school and there was an instant connection. He was lean and lengthy and he had the widest, brightest smile I had ever seen. The thing I think I loved most about him was that wide grin that would show his pearly whites. He smiled all the time, so much so that I used to joke on him for being on drugs because no way could anyone be happy like that all the time. He had curly brown locks, similar to a poodle, and he was the mood maker, but there were times when he was serious and compassionate. We grew up together, even through high school and kept in touch through college. He was always there when I needed a shoulder to cry on or when I needed someone to just brighten up my day. He was like my personal endless rainbow that came out during the days where the sun would peak out from the crying clouds. His voice was loud , but low  and I remember just hearing it used to make me smile. What I lacked, he had and we were almost perfect now that I think about it. Even his hugs were perfect...the only thing about it was that we were never in the right place at the right time. I hadn't come to term with my emotions yet as I still questioned the way I felt about him, and one day he was snatched up by someone before my very eyes. While I wished him well with his partner, a part of died a little inside and I never quite understood why.When that part of me died, I eventually lost contact with him along the way and it hurt like hell. But if you had asked me then, I wouldn't have been able to give you an explanation."

 

 

||~*~||

 

 

"When I loved, was my first boyfriend. He was older than me by just a few months, but he was also complimentary to me in many ways. If I was the flower, he'd be the water I'd need to flourish. If I was the mom, he'd be the father.We were that compatible. He was like a guardian as well. He protected me and loved me through our youthful days and now, I feel kind of bad. I never thanked him for all that he did. I never thanked him for protecting me when no one else would...for loving me even when I questioned if I loved myself. And even when I didn't tell him that I loved him back, he still constantly told me and never expected anything from me. He was my first in many things...he was the first one I held hands with, the first one I kissed, the first one I went on a date with. If I had to label it now....I would call it a nostalgic love. A time that's preserved in the past as history has already written it's pages. I didn't know it at the time, but he had became a big part of me- more than I had liked to admit. When we broke up, it was simple and clean. An easy break and we went our separate ways. He smiled when he bid me farewell and I mirrored his actions...if I remember correctly, I went home and cried for a while that night. At the time, I seriously thought something was wrong with me because I never understood why it hurt so bad and why I was crying so hard. I mean, in the movies, love didn't look like it hurt so I had automatically ruled that out as a reason.  "

 

 

||~*~||

 

"Where I loved, was the man I met during the summer of my sophomore year of college in Okinawa, Japan. I had been given a chance to do an summer exchange student program  and I met him at the college I was  assigned to. He was Korean as well, so there wasn't any real language barrier and we clicked faster than most of our peers surrounding us. He was smart, kind, had a hidden playful personality, and he was an amazing dancer- but that's besides the point. At first, he was quiet and seemed hard to approach as he never smiled, but I soon found out that he was actually quite soft and cute. He was also younger than me by a year or two. He was....captivating and so pure that I ended up extending my student program to a few more months because I wasn't ready to leave. I wasn't ready to leave him. It was supposed to be a quick summer, but that all changed when I met him. He was by my side the whole time, helping me accomplish things I didn't know I could. I think...I matured mostly due to his influence. When people asked what was my favorite period during college, I told them my sophomore year and before, I was never really able to explain why. I also ended up falling in love with Japan in general and back then I had assumed because it was just because the city was spectacular, but now I believe it has more so to do with him than anything else."

 

||~*~||

 

"Why I loved, was a close friend that passed away. He was...so amazing that it's hard to even put it in words. He had so much going for him. His voice was amazing and the high notes he reached when he used to sing to me used to blow me away. He was so kind and funny, and God I remember he used to have the strangest addiction to eyeliner.....He was quite something. But all of that made him who he was and when he first told me he was diagnosed, I remember dying inside along with him. But, he made me realize one of the most important things in this world and without having met him, I probably wouldn't have come to realize it on my own. When he first told me that he was diagnosed with a terminal illness, I remember him saying that it wasn't death he was afraid of the most, but that he was afraid of leaving this world without really having the chance to fall in love and to be loved. He believed in the love that sent butterflies through his stomach and the type of love that made his heart skip a beat, but he was afraid of missing the chance to experience it. I stayed by him through the whole thing, even when I felt like it was tearing me apart to see him die a little each day, and after he passed- his words sunk into me even deeper. They've stuck with me ever since then. Although I didn't know it at the time, he had taught me that one of the greatest gifts a person in this world could ever have is the ability to give, receive, or even lose love. I didn't realize then that he was trying to show me that it's a waste to go through life without having a chance at love. He is partly the reason that I've come to realize why it's a waste in life to live without loving."

 

||~*~||

 

It's quite for a few moments and Jongin continues to run his fingers through Kyungsoo's hair as he takes in the shorter one's past. Kyungsoo peaks up just slightly to notice the hesitation and the strong uncertainty in the taller one's eyes. He also sees the doubts and he wants nothing more than to blow those doubts away. He pulls back and places a soft, long kiss on the taller one's lips- drawing him from his thoughts.

"I...see...." mumbled Jongin and Kyungsoo's eyes meet his, but the older one know's that Jongin's not really looking at him and is instead over thinking everything. Kyungsoo reaches up and intertwines his fingers in the taller one's locks before tugging him in for a breathtaking kiss. 

"You, Kim Jongin, are the sixth." Kyungsoo murmurs as Jongin's eyes are now in focus as he gazes lovingly at Kyungsoo.

"Hmm...the sixth? So which one am I then?" Jongin questions as he pulls the shorter one even closer- their lips barely a hair's width apart. 

"You're none of them..." Kyungsoo states and he watches with slight amusement as confusion seeps into the taller one's features. He takes one of Jongin's hands and kisses the back gently before gazing back into Jongin's deep, brown orbs. ", You're none of them because you are all of them."

A small smile fights it's way onto Jongin's lips as he averts his eyes and Kyungsoo doesn't fail to notice the petal pink blush the younger one's cheeks have on display. His heart flutters at the sight and he reaches to place a soft kiss on the taller one's lips and Jongin sighs in content against his lips as the taller one brushes away Kyungsoo's fallen locks from his eyes.

"You are who I love, the one who's so warm and bright like the sun. You are What and When I love. You're my best friend that lacks everything I don't have. You make up for my faults and you're there when I need you.You are the rain on my sunny day that makes the rainbow with no end. You are the rain that comes during a drought- you water the wilting flowers. My love for you is one that history has yet to write. You are Where I love because anywhere is this world is perfect as long as you're by my side.You're pure and my love for you isn't dirty like the acid rainfall- it's pure; it's beautiful because it's you. You are Why I love, because before you I didn't fully understand love or understand what I was looking for. Now that I have you, Jongin, you've given my past and future meaning and hope. You're the sixth. Kim Jongin, you're the sixth and I'm sorry it took so long for me to realize what you are to me." Kyungsoo breathed out and Jongin was floored when he saw the older one's eyes grow glassy with threatening tears.

"What am I to you?" Jongin questioned slightly as he cupped the shorter one's face gently and brought their lips together for a soft peck. 

Kyungsoo takes a deep breath as he crushes their lips together once more and by now tears have escaped their eyes. "The Last."

A grin, so dazzling and bright, beamed onto Jongin's lips and his eyes turned into crescents as he rolled to hover over Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo mirrored the grin as he wrapped his arms tightly around Jongin's neck and the two giggled at each other's joyful, sappy tears.

"I love you, Do Kyungsoo!" Jongin sang cheerfully and Kyungsoo laughed lightly before tugging the the younger one down for a kiss full of love, hope, and sincerity.

"I love you, too, Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo cooed back and his heart fluttered at the twinkle in the taller one's eyes- there weren't any doubts there and his words had finally reached the younger one's heart. 

Kyungsoo couldn't be happier.

 

 

 

 

||~*~||

 
 

 

-Ignore spelling mistakes; this is like the longest oneshot I have ever written...so there's bound to be some sort of mistake -