Four Years Later

My Best Friend

 

사랑하겠어효린

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkPrp1mkYU

~•♥•~

 

“Better start your countdown, honey. In five months, we’ll be launching your first collection on Seoul’s Fashion Week,” Mrs. Shin said over the phone.

 

Finally, after four years, MinYoung and her friends have finally graduated from their respective courses and have been busy working.

 

MinYoung was sitting in front of her desk on a high stool in her studio, sketching her designs. Mrs. Shin has been very supportive for MinYoung that she’s helping her daughter to launch her own clothing line.

 

“Sounds like enough time to bring my designs to life. I’m almost done sketching my last two designs,” MinYoung said as she held her phone between her shoulder and ear.

“Alright, well if you need my help just give me a call,” Mrs. Shin told her.

“Thanks, umma~ When are you coming back from New York?” MinYoung asked.

“I’ll be home maybe, two months before Fashion Week,” Mrs. Shin said.

“Okay, then. Just tell me when your definite flight is, soon,” MinYoung said.

“I will. I have to go now so you could finish your sketches,” Mrs. Shin told her.

“Alright, bye umma! I miss you so much!” MinYoung held her phone.

“I miss you, too. I love you, honey,” Mrs. Shin said softly.

“I love you, too, umma,” MinYoung softened.

 

Mrs. Shin said her goodbye before they both hung up. MinYoung was about to get back to sketching when suddenly, her view blackened.

 

-

-

-

 

“Good morning! How may I help you?” A middle-aged woman asked.

“Can you set me up a bouquet of white roses?”

“Sure. How many roses would you like?” she asked.

“How many could you put in one bouquet?” he asked.

“As many as you want,” the woman said.

“Then I would like to have that whole bucket of white roses, if you may,” he told her and the woman let out a soft laugh.

“Sure,” she said with a bright smile.

 

“Are these for your girlfriend?” she asked.

“She’s not my girlfriend. She’s someone.. special,” he smiled.

“Well, she’s really lucky having to receive a lot of roses from a handsome young man,” she said.

“I’m the lucky one. She’s amazing,” he told her.

“I hope you both end up together,” she said and he just chuckled.

“We’ll see ahjumma,” he said.

 

He continued to watch the woman finish making the bouquet.

 

“Here,” she handed him the roses.

“Thank you, ahjumma,” he handed her his payment and walked away from the store.

 

As soon as he reached a small apartment, he went inside and went upstairs to MinYoung’s pad. He softly knocked on her door but no one answered. He twisted the knob and the door softly opened. He peeked inside and saw MinYoung’s back.

 

“Seems like she’s talking to someone,” he thought as he heard her talk.

 

“Thanks, umma~ When are you coming back from New York?” MinYoung asked.

 

“Looks like Mrs. Shin was checking up on her,” he guessed.

 

He silently went inside MinYoung’s pad and carefully closed the door. He crept up behind MinYoung’s back and just silently stood there with the roses behind his back while he waited for her to hang up.

 

“I love you, too, umma,” MinYoung softened.

 

Once she has hung up, he covered MinYoung’s eyes with his free hand and remained silent.

 

“Omo!” MinYoung jumped in her seat and grasped the hand on her eyes.

“Guess who,” he whispered in her ear.

“Aigoo! Yoochun oppa!” she answered and removed his hands away from her eyes and turned to look at him.

“You scared me!” she slapped his arm.

“I wanted to surprise you,” he grinned.

“With what?” she asked.

“With these,” he held the bouquet in front of him and handed it to her.

 

[http://flowersnfloristsindia.com/images/flowers/indiaflorist5.jpg]

 

“Omo, oppa! These are beautiful!” MinYoung gushed. “But why are you giving me these?” she asked.

“I want you.. to be my date tonight,” he said.

“Date?”

“Don’t tell me you have forgotten about our high school reunion tonight,” he pouted.

“Oh.”

“You’re not coming?” he asked, with a hint of sadness in his voice.

“I want to but..”

“But what?”

“I.. I’ve got to finish my sketches,” she reasoned.

“Take a break will you? Join us in our reunion,” he begged.

“I don’t know, oppa,” she scratched her forehead.

“Let’s make a deal. If you get uncomfortable, I’ll take you home,” he offered. MinYoung thought about it. She looked back at him and saw that he was waiting for an answer and that he won’t take ‘no’.

“Fine~” she gave in.

“Yes!” he pumped his fist.

 

Yoochun began to get MinYoung’s bag and held her wrist.

 

“Where are we going?” she asked in panic as he began to drag her out.

“I’m bringing you to HaRin’s house. She wanted the four of you to get ready together,” he said as he locked her door and dragged her out.

“But my clothes are in my closet,” she pointed back.

“Don’t worry. They knew you would wear your casual clothes so they got you a dress,” he said.

 

Yoochun brought MinYoung inside his car and he drove off to HaRin’ house. As soon as they arrived, HaRin, MinGi and AeRin came out of the house, jumping in glee.

 

“UNNIE!!!!” they squealed.

“Dongsaeng-deul!!!” MinYoung got out of Yoochun’s car and ran over to her friends.

“I miss you guys so much!” she cried.

“We missed you, too!!” they screamed.

 

“I’ll get going, girls. We’ll meet you at the hotel,” Yoochun said.

“Thank you, oppa!” the girls shouted. Yoochun waved off before driving away.

“AHHHHHHH!!!” the four girls shouted and jumped together before they entered the house.

 

MinYoung, HaRin, MinGi and AeRin got dressed and ready together for tonight’s high school reunion. Not used to wearing dresses, make-ups, and high heels, HaRin, MinGi and AeRin had to force MinYoung to wear that stuff.

 

“Gosh, I miss high school~” MinGi said as they got ready themselves.

“Me, too. Do you think everyone’s successful now?” HaRin wondered out loud.

“Maybe some of us are and some us aren’t,” AeRin shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Are you seriously making me wear this guys?!” MinYoung shouted from the bathroom.

“Have you worn it already?!”

“Come out and let us see!!”

“NO!” MinYoung shouted from inside.

“If you don’t come out, we’ll barge in; even if you’re already taking it off!” AeRin shouted back.

“I can’t believe you’re my friends~” MinYoung grumbled out loud and the girls snickered.

 

The three girls waited patiently for their unnie to come out until HaRin started to countdown.

“5.. 4.. 3..”

 

“Alright! Alright! I’m coming out!” she told them.

 

HaRin, MinGi and AeRin were anxious to see MinYoung in the dress that they picked out for her: http://www.promnightstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/faviana-prom-dresses-2010-blue-green-prom-dress.jpg.

 

“I so hate you guys,” she told them with her head peeking out of the bathroom door.

“Oh come out already!” AeRin said, impatiently.

 

MinYoung reluctantly came out behind the bathroom door and revealed herself to her friends. The three girls’ eyes were about to budge out from its sockets. The dress fitted perfectly on MinYoung’s body.

 

“Could you turn around?” HaRin told her. MinYoung slowly turned around, giving her friends a perfect view of the dress which showed off her perfect curves that no one has ever known that it existed, her flawless back and her dress showed a little of her cleavage.

 

“I look like a fool,” she commented to herself.

“No way! You look perfect!” HaRin clapped her hands.

“Stay away from Junsu oppa. We know what’ll run in his mind,” AeRin said. The girls laughed.

 

The four girls finished getting dressed and were ready to head to the hotel. A fancy black limo fetched them from HaRin’s house. Once they got inside, they noticed that there was a bucket of champagne and tall glasses with a note. MinGi took it and read it out loud.

 

To our lovely girls,

 

We got you guys some champagne. Enjoy your drink while you take your ride.

 

Jaejoong oppa, Yoochun oppa, Junsu oppa and Changmin oppa.

 

“Looks like this is ours,” AeRin said as she examined the bottle.

 

MinGi took the bottle from AeRin and popped it open. HaRin handed everyone a glass while MinGi poured on each one.

 

“To our high school reunion,” HaRin raised her glass.

“To our high school reunion,” the three girls raised their glasses as well and cheered.

 

Along the ride, they caught up with each other’s current lives.

 

“So how are you doing with the kids, dongsaeng?” MinYoung turned to HaRin.

“They’re just simply adorable! I couldn’t get enough of them! I just enjoy teaching them,” HaRin gushed.

“I should bring them some cupcakes sometime. I have this recipe that kids love,” MinGi shared.

“How are the sales in your bakeshop,” AeRin asked.

“Still going up,” MinGi laughed and the rest joined her.

 

“So when are you going to launch your own clothing line, unnie?” MinGi asked MinYoung.

“I’ll be launching it on Seoul’s Fashion Week in five months,” she told them.

“By the way, I have found the perfect place to put up your boutique. In two months, I’ll be done with the paper works and we could star,” AeRin told her.

“Good work, dongsaeng. I don’t know what I’ll do without you,” MinYoung said.

“Mrs. Shin is helping you right?” HaRin asked.

“Yeah,” MinYoung nodded.

“Where is she right now?” HaRin asked again.

“She’s in New York,” MinYoung said.

 

“Ooooh~ speaking of New York how’s Yunho oppa?” AeRin asked.

“I haven’t talked to him in a year,” MinYoung said.

“Haven’t you sent any emails to him?” HaRin asked.

“I did but I’m not getting any replies since last year,” MinYoung told her.

“So how’s he and his girlfriend, what was her name again?” MinGi asked.

 

“Liz?”

“No.”

“Ashley?”

“No.”

“Alexandra?”

“No.”

“Janet?”

“No.”
“Ivy?

“No.”

“Celine?”

“No.”

“Mariel?”

“No.”

 

“How many girls has he been with?!” HaRin eyes were large.

“I don’t know. Too many to count,” MinYoung shrugged her shoulders.

“And you’re not affected?” MinGi asked.

“No. Why should I?” MinYoung questioned.

“Unnie, you were head over heels for Yunho oppa. We know and oppadeul know,” AeRin answered.

“That was a long time ago, dongsaeng~ Yunho oppa is simply just a friend,” MinYoung told them.

“Since when?!” they asked together.

“I don’t know. I guess, since I’ve known his American girlfriends,” MinYoung took a sip of her champagne.

“Don’t worry, unnie. There’s someone out there for you,” HaRin rubbed her back.

“I’m okay dongsaeng,” MinYoung assured them.

 

Soon, they arrived in front of the hotel. They were escorted through the lobby and to the function hall. Once they went inside, it was packed with people; their former batch mates.

 

-

-

-

 

“There are our girls!” Junsu pointed by the door.

 

Immediately, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Changmin followed Junsu’s finger and saw MinYoung, HaRin, MinGi and AeRin.

 

“Wow,” the four boys thought.

 

“Let’s go!” Junsu pulled the guys and approached the four girls.

 

“You girls look beautiful!” Junsu complimented the girls.

“Control your hormones now, Junsu,” Jaejoong told him.

“Damn, MinYoung! You look fine!” Junsu checked her out.

“Stop it, oppa,” MinYoung’s cheeks gave a light shade of pink.

“Why didn’t you lose your glasses?” Yoochun asked as he approached her, immediately stealing her away from Junsu.

“I’m not comfortable without it,” MinYoung rubbed her arms.

“You look beautiful,” he whispered, sending chills down MinYoung’s spine.

“You look pretty good yourself,” she told him, keeping her cool.

 

“Who did you all miss?!”

 

Everyone turned their heads around. By the door, they saw Yunho standing in a clean tux.

 

~•♥•~