Pancakes

SILENCE

“Dara noona’s with Ji now” YB gave them the news.

 

All of them let out a deep sighed - finally, they are relieved knowing that she’s safe now. Se7en called them hours ago informing that Dara’s drunk and crying over something. They are all worried but felt helpless that time because they can’t even go to the bar because of safety measures. It will create a big fuss if all of them are seen in that place.

 

“Why didn’t he bring unnie home?” Minzy asked

 

“I think Ji doesn’t want you to all get worry on her especially when you see her totally wiped out” YB answered.

 

“Se7en hyung wanted to talk to us tomorrow” he added.

 

“I think we all should go now” TOP yawned

 

“Hyung is right” Daesung stretched a little “It’s been a long night for all of us. The girls need to rest, they’re going to Busan tomorrow”

 

“But Dara unnie?”

 

“Chaerin, hyung is a good man. Even he’s something a little stubborn and a little harsh especially to me, he wouldn’t do anything to Dara noona” Seungri but in as soon as he saw the hesitant face on her.

 

“Maknae is right. He’s the one noona really needs tonight” YB added.

 

One by one they sneakily went outside his room. The girls made sure that no one sees them going down to their floor and to their surprise - Bigbang maknae’s even accompany them. The two girls find it sweet but CL just glared at him.

 

When YB was finally alone, sadness filled his eyes. He can’t actually understand why he’s having a heavy heart after learning that it was Jiyong who’s taking care of Dara now. Maybe he’s not used to it that he wasn’t there when Dara needs him - but wait… he perfectly knew that he wasn’t the one she really needs. He let out a heavy sigh and buried his body with the blanket.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GD’s APARTMENT

 

 

Jiyong carefully laid the sleeping Dara on his bed. She was peacefully sleeping now after having a long and tough day. He lightly tucked her in with his warm blanket and a sad smile formed his lips. He lightly planted a kiss on her lips and decided to go outside his room. He was just few steps away from her when he heard her whispered.

 

“My head hurts”

 

He looked around. Her eyes are still closed but her hand was massaging his temple. He turns around and sat beside her.

 

“You drink too much” he whispered

 

She gasped as if something warm touches her face - it was his breath.

 

“But my heart hurts even more” crystal clear tears drop from her eyes.

 

He lightly wipes it.

 

“I’m sorry Dara...” Jiyong clasped his hand on to hers and lightly squeezed it.

 

“Oh! You have soft hands… and warm hands too. Your hands are like my Jiyong’s hand” she weakly smiled.

 

He thought that Dara was just dreaming. He smiled while looking at her peaceful state right now. Maybe it’s because she already let out all the things that she wanted to say that’s why she doesn’t feel heavy anymore - but her tears are continuously falling down soaking his pillow now.

 

“Please stop crying…” he begged

 

“I was so afraid to fall in love again… but Jiyong, he healed my wounded heart before… he was the only one who never stops believing in me… he knows when to make me laugh, he knows when to make me smile… he once again opened my heart to welcome a new love… He’s the only reason why I keep on believing that there will be happiness for me… but he broke my heart” her voice trembles and her hands, for the first time - felt ice cold.

 

“I build my dreams with him… I started to dream for my own happy ending… Every time I see his face, every time he touches my hand… I feel secured… but now… He’s gone… he left me hanging… I feel so alone… I’m still hurting every time I see them… It tears me into pieces but I have to be strong for myself… But I’m still hurting… I want to make this pain go away… but he’s the only one who can take it…” she sobs.

 

He hugged her tightly and to his surprised, she hugged her back.

 

“It pains me to see you like that” he whispered to her ears. “I am hurting also, but we have no choice… please try to understand… I’m trying my best to be strong… just give me more time… Please hold on… Don’t give up on us yet… Don’t let me go…” he kissed her in her lips.

 

He hugged her even tighter after he felt her kissing him back….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara blinked her eyes as if the rays of sunlight were flashing on her closed and chinky eyes were blinding her. She woke up, having a bad headache from  last night. She can’t clearly remember anything, but all he can remember was she and Se7en and then another man came - she quickly gets up from his bed and looked around.

 

“Oh, did our room just renovated?” she weirdly asked herself while looking at this much bigger room on what they used to have before.

 

“Oh! I even have my own bed now? How come I didn’t notice it yesterday?” Dara happily laid her back on the comfy bed and failed to notice the pictures, and guy clothes on the couch in the room.

 

“My head really hurts” she massages his temples. It took her another more five minutes before she realize that the ‘girls’ are not around. So she finally get up her lazily feet out of the bed but she quickly took it back when her feet steeped on something.

 

“Kya! What are you doing here?!” she loudly screamed that wake Gaho up and wagged his tail on her. He’s even trying to reach her so she sink deeper in the blanket.

 

“Kya! CL-roo! Bomataro! Minji-ah! Gaho’s here!” she shouted again trying to look for help. She was slightly relieved after seeing the door swung open but her shoulders fell as soon as he saw it wasn’t them.

 

“Ya! What’s wrong? What happened here?” Jiyong quickly popped out of the door wearing an apron and holding a pot holder. He looked surprised but a boyish grin flashes as soon as he saw the scared looking Dara hiding on his blanket.

 

“What are you doing here?!” she weirdly asked him still covering her whole body with the blanket.

 

He smirked.

 

“Isn’t it weird to find us here - both of us… in my apartment?”

 

“What?! I think you should see a doctor… it’s ou-” Dara stopped. It wasn’t their room. Her eyes wanders around, it was all Jiyong’s stuffs… his pictures, his clothes, his laptop - even Gaho.

 

“KYA!!!!! Why am I here? What did you do to me?” she embraces herself and looked inside the blanket. She looked panicked “WHY AM I NOT WEARING MY OWN CLOTHES???!!!!!”

 

Jiyong laughed so hard after seeing her reaction. It was priceless- if only he have camera that very moment he’s definitely sure that it will be a huge hit in the net if the seen her face right now.

 

“Ah, Dara, don’t be too assuming” he laughed so hard again while clutching his tummy “Umma changed your clothes last night” he continued a little breathless which earns him a pillow straight on to his face. But instead of making him stop, he even laughed harder.

 

Dara hide herself inside the blanket, she really knows that she’s scarlet red because of embarrassment.

 

“Ya! Come out of there. I cooked breakfast. Umma left early today” he’s trying to control his voice to sound a bit normal but a small laugh still comes out of him.


She took a small peeked on the blanket and gave him a dangerous glare to make him stop from his laugh trip but he didn’t mind her.

 

“Stop laughing!” she once again screamed which makes Gaho bark loudly that almost scare her out of her life.

 

“Come boy… Give Dara a break” he smiled at Gaho but he’s to engross looking at the pale white Dara and once again barked

 

“Looks like Gaho misses you a lot” an evil grin flashed his face.

 

“Omo! He’s so big now… and looks more scarier than before”

 

To Dara’s surprise Gaho quickly jumped of his feet and successfully landed on his bed which makes Dara finally came out of his blanket. She used all her strength to run towards the door but since Jiyong was blocking her way he run towards him

 

Jiyong automatically carried her.

 

“You’re heavy now” he teased. That earns him a light smack on his head which Dara thinks he deserves it.

 

“Gaho is really scary. How could you teach him stunts like that?” she scolded him. He smirked at her and was planning to fool around when he smelled something burning.

 

“Aissshhh…” he furiously muttered and quickly went outside his room.

 

Dara landed her feet on the cold flooring making her shivers since she’s only wearing Jiyong’s shirt and boxer shorts, while he, immediately went straight to the kitchen and saw his burned ham and eggs.

 

He was trying to cook something for Dara to surprise her since his mother left them without anything to eat for breakfast. It was his fifth time to try perfecting these simple foods and again, it’s his fifth time to fail. Jiyong looked pathetically at the poor burned foods and threw it away.

 

“Even Gaho can’t eat that” Dara laughs at him

 

“I’m trying to cook here and I almost perfected it one but since you wake up screaming, I forgot about this and it burned”

 

Dara chuckles.

 

“That’s not even cooking Jiyong” she shook her head. “You’re maybe the almighty Bigbang Leader GD… a talented composer and a great performer… but you really do as a cook” she laughs

 

“Ya! I’ve been performing my whole life. Do you thing I can manages to learn how to cook between my busy schedules” it was statement. He started to fix things up since it’s a mess because of him.

 

‘Aissshhh, I can’t even perfect an egg. How stupid I can be?’ he shook his head.

 

“I’ll cook for you so stay there” Dara ordered him while she’s starting to put on an apron.

 

“Really?”

 

She nodded. “What do you want?”

 

“Pancakes. I’ve seen you cooked that on Family Outing. It looks tasty”

 

Dara looked proud at him “Hyori unnie loved it”

 

He smirked. “Hyori noona is just being nice to you” he teased and again he gained another light smack on his head. He misses it that’s why he’s letting her smack him every time.

 

“What do we need?” he asked while scratching his head.

 

“Get baking powder, flour, eggs, sugar, milk and butter. Grab that all quick!” she laughs. “Wait do you have all that here?”

 

He shrugged his shoulders. After a swift minute, he all carried them both in his hands and gave it to her.

 

“So what we will do now?”

 

“You don’t even know how to make a pancake?” Dara looked at him weirdly.

 

He raised his eyebrows.

 

“I’m a man. I don’t necessarily need to learn that entire thing. And like what I’ve said earlier… I don’t have time to learn how to cook. Wasn’t it that hard to get inside your scattered brain- brain?”

 

“Ya! Kwon Jiyong, I think your brain is scattered too - it’s not even sugar” Dara laughs while checking all the ingredients she needed.

 

He secretly smiled. He really loves hearing her calling him with his full name. Jiyong quickly grabbed the sugar at his pantry and put back the salt he first gets.

 

“It’s sugar. 100% sure” he smiled

 

“Aigoo! You’re really a man Ji. You don’t know anything in the kitchen” she teases him.

 

“You’re so noisy you know that” he acted irritated.

 

Dara started showing him how to make a batter out those ingredients. She even cracked the eggs on her head repeating the funny act she did at F.O. which again gave Jiyong a good laugh. He offered to beat the eggs but he forcedly beaten it which makes it spill all over.

 

“Ya! You’re wasting it… look… it’s a mess! Take a seat. I’ll make this one…Aisshhh how could you make this simple thing harder?” she frustratedly mutter.


“But -”

 

“No buts. Sit there and wait until I’m finished. And don’t even try to get Gaho or else I’ll spank you both” Dara threatened him with a whisk.

 

Leaving with no choice, Jiyong went back to his room and lay again on his bed. He smiled remembering what happened last night…

 

 

 

 

 

 

-FLASH BACK-

 

He squeezed inside the blanket and hugged her more tightly. They shared a passionate kiss for a very long time until he felt his body becoming weak - so he stopped. He doesn’t want to take advantage on Dara that’s why he stopped. He let Dara rest on his chest until both of them fell asleep.

 

His mother slowly opened his door - she was shocked at first to see them together but a small smile curved her lips. Both of them really looked peaceful while sleeping while his son was cuddling Dara on his arms. She knew that Jiyong really loves her but she didn’t questioned him why he ended up being with Jina - until now she can’t understand his sons decision but still, she respects it.

 

She lightly tapped his son’s shoulders, afraid to make any sound that might awaken Dara. A knowing look was given by her mother once he opened his eyes that didn’t help him to blush. He carefully went out of the blanket to talk to his mother.

 

“Omma…” he whispered

 

“I understand you Jiyong” she whispered back and smiled

 

He felt relieved after hearing that from her mother.

 

“Let me change her clothes. Get clean clothes on your closet”

 

He complied with his mother’s order and even went outside his room while she’s changing Dara’s clothes. After a few minutes his mother called him back. He saw how his mother lightly tucked in Dara as if she was doing it on her own daughter.

 

“She looks peacefully sleeping” his mother whispered.

 

He smiled.

 

“I really like her even before Jiyong” she tapped his shoulder and then went outside his room.

 

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

 

 

 

 

Someone knocked on his door. He perfectly knew who it was so he pretends to be sleeping again. He finds it very amusing to always pretend sleeping whenever she’s around so he compose himself to not laugh or make any sound or movement.

 

Full minute passed when he heard his door swung open. Dara popped her head on the small space she made to see if Jiyong was indeed in his room - and there he was. Facing down, sleeping at the side of his bed. Her eyes landed on Gaho who’s sleeping at the far end corner of the room.

 

“Ji…” she whispered but he didn’t move

 

“Pssst…. Ji…” she whispered again.

 

Jiyong was trying to control the shakiness of his shoulder from laughing until he felt something hit him.

 

“What was that for?” he tried sounded irritated but he failed as soon as he saw Dara trying to threw another slipper to him

 

“Breakfast is ready… get up!” she continued to whispered.

 

 

 

===========================================================

 

YB was heading to YG building to do his morning routine. He didn’t actually catch enough sleep last night because of thinking - he’s actually spacing out while walking and he didn’t even notice that someone intentionally bumped him.


“Mianhe Young Bae oppa” the girl bowed at him

 

He quickly bowed also thinking that it was his fault but he immediately looked up after hearing the familiar voice of the girl.

 

“Anyeong Young Bae oppa… Good morning!” Jina widely smiled at him.

 

“Oh, Jina-ssi… Anyeong”

 

“It’s early, where are you going?”

 

Yes, it’s still early and she’s actually here in front of him and heading towards their apartment building. He suddenly felt alarmed. Dara was still there in Jiyong’s apartment since the girls told him that they are still waiting for her to come back. He needs to do something now -

 

‘Uh-oh’ he thought.

 

He forced to smile at her.

 

“I’m going to the practice room… well, actually Ji asked me to get something from our practice room, he left something there” he reasoned out.


Jina’s face lightens up. She was actually thinking of a reason on how she can visit Jiyong today since he doesn’t really wants her hanging around at his apartment with no reason at all. And looks like she’s going to have one now –

 

“Really? Can I come with you? I’ll bring to him what he left there” she quickly asked

 

‘Perfect’ YB thought.

 

“Sure. No problem” he smiled at her.

 

YB purposely took the longest path going to YG Building. He even told Jina that it was for his warm up to help him breathe evenly before he starts his work out but of course it was just an alibi - he just wants to take all the time the ‘two’ needed to get out of the apartment to avoid any commotions. He’s even being to text the girls about the problem that Jina might bring if she saw that Dara slept in Jiyong’s apartment.

 

“So, Young Bae oppa… don’t you have any plans of courting Dara-ssi?” she broke the silence.

 

That made YB flipped his phone back to his pocket and finally faced Jina.

 

“Noona has an agreement with YG. And besides there’s also five step rules to passed” he chuckles.

 

“Jiyong oppa already agreed that if you or TOP oppa will apply, he will let you passed the third step” she smiled at him.

 

“Really?”

 

Jina nods her head.

 

“He really hopes that one of you will end up with her”

 

“He really said that?” he asked with a disbelief face

 

Jina chuckles.

 

“I’m sure oppa will be really happy if that they comes”

 

YB smiled at her but tuned into a deep thinking.

 

‘Ji really believes that TOP hyung has feeling for Dara noona. It’s working. Good job TOP hyung’ he thought himself.

 

“Oppa.. Where are you going? You’ve missed the YG building” Jina stopped him while he still continues to walk.

 

“Huh?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

================================================================

 

Jiyong and Dara shared the little pancakes she made. She was still thinking how she ended up  in his place. She have tons of questions in her mind right now.

 

“Can I ask you something?” she can’t take it anymore.

 

She will go crazy trying to think everything that happened last night well in fact she couldn’t honestly remember anything.

 

Jiyong can’t answer her directly because his mouth is full of foods. He just nods his head and continues to attack the poor things.

 

“Erm... What exactly happened last night? I can’t actually remember anything since I was too drunk.” She nervously chuckles “I’m sure no-.. I mean.. I’m sure nothing happened right? Right?” he lowered her voice and her head because she’s afraid to see his reaction.

 

He chocked at first after hearing the question but he literally burst into laughter’s which caused him to spill his chewed food outside mouth while rolling at the floor.

 

“Disgusting!” Dara glared at her dangerously.

 

“Ya! Stop laughing” she lightly kicked her but he continues to laugh harder. He’s hiding his face on his hand, peeking at the small spaces between her fingers to look at Dara who turned again into scarlet red.

 

“Se7en hyung called me last night” he said a little breathless. “He’s too drunk to drive you home” he lied.

 

He knew exactly that Dara has this habit of forgetting entirely what happened when she’s too drunk. Se7en already told him to make an alibi on how he gets there last night and what he told the girls on why she didn’t make it go home.

 

But Dara looked at him suspiciously.

 

“YA! I’m telling the truth. Don’t look at me like that” he chuckles.

 

“I’ll ask Se7en what really happened last night” she glared at him.