What are we ? ( PART 1 ) What are we ? Kangjun/Rome, Luhan/Kangjun, Tao/Rome

What are we ? Kangjun/Rome, Luhan/Kangjun, Tao/Rome

28764-cclown-62cb.jpg

 

'' Good job everybody ! ''

 

Yu Barom congrats the others boys after a long day of rehearsing their mini album tracks.

 

Maru: Assa !!!!

 

Rome: It's now 2:05pm. Can't believe we have been there since 7am, he said grabbing a towel from the floor. He then noticed KangJun in the corner. Arms crossed on his chest, he was facing the mirror.

 

T.K.: Let's call it a day ! I'm starving...

 

Siwoo: Me too actually ... craving for real food !

 

Maru: Let's go !

 

Siwoo: Rome , are you treating us ?

 

Maru: Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Rome: What? Do I look like bank to you? he said laughing.

 

T.K.: Ok ... then cook for all of us.

 

Rome: Fine , let's go buy food and I'll make whatever you wanna eat.

 

'' Where do you think you're going?''

 

Kangjun's voice immediately changed the dance studio atmosphere, he turns to face them. He wasn't joking.

 

T.K. : If you want to stay ... ''again'' that's your choice, we are leaving ! Bye !

 

Kangjun: Look who's talking ... how ironic , He said with a smirk on his face.

 

T.K.: What did you say ?

 

Rome: ok, ok .. calm down , The leader said when he saw  TK getting annoyed by Kangjun's words.

 

Kangjun came closer to him.

 

'' Some of us should practice more.''

 

Rome decides to stay calm, he was the leader after all.

 

Rome: Please explain.

 

Kangjun: It might be a joke for you but this is really serious to me. This is the real deal. Maru singing is awful, he has no breath, same with TK ... you can't even properly hold your flow more than 1mn of the song and Ray ... yours moves aren't sharp enough, you are slow , especially in the ''solo'' routine and on top of that, you never start singing on point. Always late right after my part.

 

Kangjun said it looking at each of them..

 

Rome: And what about yourself ?

 

Kangjun: As the main vocalist I should train more in order to cover their mistakes on stage.

 

Maru: That's too much , who do you think you are.

 

Ignoring his dongsaeng, Kangjun add :

 

'' You can go, but those 3 should stay practice with me until 5pm.''

 

Maru and TK start complaining:

 

TK: Fck no ! I'm not staying!

 

Maru: Kangjun , don't be like that. Rome said it was ok ...

 

Kangjun: But it's not ok !

 

Siwoo: That's a bit too much ! You're not getting  any gold for that ...

 

Rome: Quiet everybody !

 

Everybody stop talking when they heard him shouting. Rome was usually smiling, but not at this moment.

 

Rome: You guys will stay rehearse with Kangjun.

 

Maru: Oh no !

 

TK: You're joking ?

 

Ray walks putts back his bag on the chair and walk through the mirror in front of him.

 

Kangjun: Good !

 

Rome: You guys will stay but only until 4pm. Come straight home after, the diner will be ready.

 

And you Kangjun, you don't have to be so harsh. It's ok to ask them to stay practice more, but there is no need to be so rude. Understand?

 

He then walks away, follows by Siwoo, who gave a dirty look to Kangjun before walking away.

 

'' Let's not fool around since you guys only have until 4pm .'' He presses the play button on the mp3 and they start the routine.

 

 

............................

 

 

Later, they were all eating at their dorm. The table was full of food.

 

Maru: I don't understand this guy ... , he said the mouth full.

 

Ray: But at the same time he's right, there is so many competition. All the new rookies such as BAP or Nuest ... they are damn good.

 

JK: True but there is a time for everything ... Kangjun just don't know when to stop. Just like now, we are eating and he still at the studio, wtf ? Like seriously!

 

Rome: You're joking?

 

Siwoo: Nope ! I texted him and he didn't even pick up.

 

Ray: He texted me ... he said to start without him.

 

Maru: More food for us.

 

Siwoo: He did the same thing last week ... he trained 2 days straight, only came at the dorm to take a shower, then went back.

 

'' This isn't right! '' Rome said shaking his head. He was starting to feel worry for Kangjun.

 

After the diner, everybody went to watch the tv before going to bed, he texts Kangjun, no respond.

 

'' I'll go check on him.'' He thought, putting aside food in a plastic Ziploc for him.

 

Siwoo: Rome, are you sleeping here tonight ?

 

Rome: No ... I will go to the apartment. Make sure everybody go sleep before 9:30pm, tomorrow we have a radio show. I'll come meet you up at 7am.

 

Siwoo: Roger !

 

Rome parents had an apartment in a fancy building. He decided to stay there to give more space to the boys, because the dorm only has 2 bed rooms: Ray and Kangjun in one and the 3 others in the other.

 

The studio was at 20mn walk from the dorm, once there,  he used card and enter in the building, bumping into the security guard.

 

'' You should check on your friend, he's still training!''

 

'' I will , thank you ! Good night!'' He answers bowing.

 

In the studio, Kangjun was so focus on rehearsing the song that he didn't notice Rome's entrance. A paper in his hand , he was singing and reading the lyrics. He then stops.

 

'' This part is too high for my range ... '' he suddenly stops talking and brought his hand to his stomach.  '' ... hungry ... ‘‘.

 

Rome: Ok enough! Stop ! Come here and let's eat!

 

Kangjun jumps off when he finally notices the other boy sitting on the floor, not too far from him.

 

Kangjun: For how long have you been here?

 

Rome: About 30mn ... come eat! It's not good when it's cold.

 

Kangjun: You brought me food ? Why ?

 

Rome: Why ? What do you mean by ''why'' ?

 

Kangjun: I mean ... thank you! He walks and sat next to his leader.

 

Rome: Chicken, rice, Kimchi, beef, salad, beef meat balls and some pork, Rome said pointing at the different Ziplocs.

 

Kangjun: You made all of these?

 

Rome: Yes ! I love cooking. Thanks to my mother.

 

Kangjun: I shall marry you then, I cannot cook for 1 penny.

 

Rome: Then, I shall call you Yeobo, he was joking.

 

Kangjun: If I could , I would date you right the way ...

 

He said smiling at Rome, and at this moment, the leader felt his heart skipping.

 

Kangjun: Wow ! Didn't know I had that much effects on you , you are all red.

 

Rome: ... by the way , someone wrote something really cool on YouTube about us.

 

Rome turns on his IPhone, too happy to avoid looking at the other,

 

 

'' CROWN CLOWN, if you remove the C&N you get ROW LOW. ROW like Kings, lay LOW like Clowns. See the irony? Why should a king row when he's a king? and Clowns never lay low. They're always happy and excited, right? What they want to get across is the idea of a King being humble and a Clown who doesn't fool around all the time. Basically, what they're trying to say is that we're all only human and the idea of a Clown becoming a King. I think this name is 1 of the most thought of band names out there. beanazareno ''

 

 

Kangjun: Awesome ... even me, I didn't think of it !

 

Rome: We have deep fans , nice !

 

He took a pause, looking at the other eating.

 

'' Talking about fans ... I agree with you, we should work harder and give the best of us. But we can't succeed if we don't enjoy what we're doing and if we don't rest or skip meals.".

 

Kangjun didn't reply right the way, he took a sip of his drink before saying:

 

Kangjun: No pain, no gain!

 

Rome: True but you have to think of Maru ... he still young, but working like an adult. Something wrong here ... we can't be too harsh on him, he still a kid.

 

Kangjun: Foreigners way of thinking?

 

Rome: I beg your pardon?

 

Kangjun: We are in Korea Rome, wake up !

 

Rome: I know exactly how it works here but ... what I am trying to say is that what you are doing right now could be very dangerous for your health and affect your relationship with the others members. This week you skipped almost all yours meals, you don't sleep enough ... you have to stop. You need to take care of yourself. It's good to push yourself, but you must know yours limits.

 

Kangjun: Done! That was good!

 

Rome: Did you even pay attention to what I said?

 

kangjun: Look ... I'm far from perfect but ... we worked so hard to get here, I just don't want us to be forgotten and I care a lot for Maru.  And I can't protect him if I don't make him stronger. Even if we fail, maybe he can pursue a solo carrier, he is young. But for that, he has to be better than all the others kids out there. Do you understand?

 

Rome : Yes but ...

 

Kangjun: Let's go ! I'll walk you home! It's already 9pm. tomorrow we have a radio show.

 

Rome: Kangjun ...

 

Kangjun: What?

 

Rome: Nothing ... , he stood up imitating by the other. Sometimes kangjun was so cold that he couldn't understand him. Or maybe it's him who was too naive?

 

 

.........................................................

 

 

They were walking in silence the whole time. Kangjun looks at Rome, he looks sad. It didn't suit the red hair boy who was always smiling, he thought.  Kangjun felt bad. He knew he was making him worry.

 

'' I'm sorry ! '' He finally said scratching his head.

 

Rome: huh ?

 

Kangjun: Please ... don't worry for me! I know my limits and I know what I'm doing.

 

Rome: What about this ? 

 

Rome stopped walking, grabbed one of Kangjun wrists and held it up. There was 3 small scars on it.

 

Kangjun heart was beating fast. When did he notice them? He was always wearing a long sleeves shirt or a bracelet to cover it.

 

'' Let me go ... please! '' He said looking away, trying to fight the tears coming in his eyes. He couldn't look at Rome anymore. He felt so embarrassed and weak. Rome knew his secret.

 

Rome: You can talk to me...

 

Kangjun: There is nothing to talk about! It was a mistake and it was 2 years ago. Nothing else to say.

 

Rome let go his hand, Kangjun starts walking again, faster than before.

 

When they arrive in front of the building, Kangjun said:

 

'' Can I count on you to not tell anybody about ... you know …? ‘’

 

Rome smile at him:

 

'' Don't worry ! I'm really good at keeping secrets.''

 

This smile , Kangjun couldn't get enough of it.

 

Kangjun: You are so pretty when you smile.

 

Rome: What ... , He immediately turns red which make the other laugh.

 

Kangjun: I should go now, bye ! And thanks again for the food.

 

Rome: Wait!

 

Kangjun: Hum?

 

Rome: Well ... it's going to take you another 30mn of walk; there are no night bus at this time.

 

Kangjun: I can take a cab.

 

Rome: or you could sleep here and tomorrow when we go pick up the boys, you could change over there.

 

kangjun: True ... you're sure it's ok ? I really don't want to ...

 

Rome: You are more than welcome in my house! Please, stay.

 

Kangjun:  I'll stay then! Thank you!

 

Rome: My pleasure.

 

..........................................................

 

Inside, Rome lend him some joggings to spend the night. kangjun was wearing Rome's Australian college Hoodie. It was grey with the name of the school, writing on it in Red and the pants that goes with it. And Rome was in a black loose pants and a white shirt.

 

Rome: Is the AC cool enough?

 

Kangjun: yeah yeah ... no worries! Plus I took a shower, I feel much better.

 

Rome: You always sing when you shower ?

 

Kangjun: Who doesn’t?

 

Rome: true! I never realized it.

 

Kangjun: Nice place by the way!

 

Rome: Belong to my parents. Maybe once I'll make enough money, I'll own one like this.

 

Kangjun: My dream is to buy a house to my mother ... and make enough money; like that she will never have to work in her life.

 

Rome: What about your father?

 

Kangjun kept silent. Rome understood that he shouldn't have asked it.

 

Kangjun: I'll sleep on the sofa in your living room. Night!

 

He stood up from the bed.

 

Rome: This is a queen-size bed, I think we can both fit in it.

 

Kangjun: You're already kind enough to offer me a place to spend the night. I don't want to disturb more.

 

Rome: I don't mind! And this sofa isn't real leather, it'll hurt your back...

 

Kangjun: I'll be fine ... good night!

 

Rome: Good night!

 

 

They were now looking at each other. In the bedroom, there was only a dim light coming from the chandelier on the ceiling. Suddenly, he felt Kangjun's lips against his ...  Rome closed his eyes as he felt kangjun's hands on his hips, their tongues in contact, playing with each other in circles ... it was so wrong, but felt so good. What was happening? He couldn't think straight. The other boy was now kissing Rome's neck. As a reflex, he puts his arms around him, pressing his body against Kangjun who was moving his hands all over his body.

 

Kangjun helps him pull his white shirt over his head, then to removes his black pants, his boxer … they kissed more before he sat on the bed, making Rome sit on his lap. He felt his body become enflamed with each kiss they share. Everything seems so blurry in kangjun's mind, the last thing he remembers was how he positioned himself, and getting ready to slowly enter Rome's body  on him ... the rest seemed like a passionate dream.