Meeting the child (part 2)

Babysitting with the Stars

“So Hyun Su, how do you like your appas so far?” The MC asked, as the four of them sat in a half circle in the playroom set.

Hyun Su smiled shyly and gripped onto Sunggyu’s leather sleeve.

“Well it looks like he likes you Sunggyu.” The MC laughed, while Woohyun looked down awkwardly. Sunggyu felt bad for Woohyun and figured he should say something, but he didn’t know what.

“T-That’s not true!” He blurted out, garnering Woohyun and the MC’s attention. Sunggyu bit his lip, trying to come up with something. “H-He’s a little scared of me…I think.”

Hyun Su looked up at Sunggyu and pouted. “I don’t think appa is scary…”

“See he likes you!” The MC clapped. “What about Woohyun appa, Hyun Su? What do you think about Woohyun appa?”

Woohyun looked up with a huge grin plastered on his face, anticipating Hyun Su’s answer. Hyun Su merely blinked and looked back up at Sunggyu.

“S-Sunggyu appa…”

“N-No, I asked about Woohyun appa.” The MC corrected and gestured to Woohyun. “What do you think about this appa Hyun Su?”

Hyun Su glanced at Woohyun, then back at Sunggyu. “Sunggyu appa…”

“Aigoo, looks like Sunggyu is the only one in Hyun Su’s heart.” The MC joked, earning light laughter from the crew. “You better work hard too Woohyun appa.”

“O-Of course!” Woohyun grinned. “Soon Hyun Su will like me the best!”

“Now, now, it’s not a competition.” The MC grinned. “Because if it was, you’d be losing badly Woohyun!” The crew and MC laughed, and Woohyun laughed as well, even though he wasn’t finding any of this the least bit funny.

Sunggyu frowned slightly, concerned that the MC was going a little too far. He had only known Woohyun for a few weeks, but he had recently come to the conclusion that Woohyun was quite a sensitive person. Why else would he have declared his hate for Sunggyu just because he thought Sunggyu had said something bad about a show he used to be on?

Sunggyu watched Woohyun and the MC walk off and then nudged Hyun Su who looked up at him.

“Hyun Su, you want to do something good for appa?” He spoke softly so that the others wouldn’t hear. Hyun Su nodded excitedly. “Go give Woohyun appa a nice big hug.”

Hyun Su stared at Woohyun for a moment as if contemplating whether he wanted to go through with Sunggyu’s request or not. The child looked back at Sunggyu with a pout and shook his head.

“You don’t want to?” Sunggyu sighed, and knelt down beside the six-year-old. “Ok fine….how about if I give you a piece of candy?”

Hyun Su shook his head.

“A cookie?”

Another head shake.

“What do you want then?”

“Ice cream.” Hyun Su stated all business like.

What? But isn’t it too cold for ice cream?” Sunggyu raised an eyebrow.

Hyun Su thought about this for a moment. “Hot chocolate.”

“You want hot chocolate?” Sunggyu smiled. “Ok. If you go give Woohyun appa a great big hug, and tell him you like him, I’ll buy you a huge mug of hot chocolate, got it?”

Hyun Su nodded happily and rushed over to Woohyun. He tugged at Woohyun’s shirt, while glancing at Sunggyu for approval. Sunggyu sent him a covert thumbs up and nodded encouragingly. Woohyun turned around.

“Oh? Hyun Su what’s wrong?” He asked and leaned his palms on his knees, so he could be at Hyun Su’s level.

“I like Woohyun appa.” Hyun Su said and wrapped his tiny arms around Woohyun’s neck. Woohyun was clearly shocked, and before he could register what was happening, Hyun Su pulled away and ran back to Sunggyu, who gave him a high five.

“W-What was that?!” Woohyun gasped.

“See? He likes you too.” Sunggyu grinned, expecting a happy response. But Woohyun just nodded, with that same forced smile, making Sunggyu pout. “Didn’t you hear? I said he likes you—.”

“Yes I know what you said.” Woohyun nodded curtly, still wearing a thin smile for the cameras.

++

When they stopped for a lunch break, Hyun Su was still latched onto Sunggyu, and would only let Sunggyu feed him.

Woohyun sat across from them at the table not even bothering to hide his annoyance anymore.

“…Uh are you ok?” Sunggyu asked. “Before you didn’t seem that happy…even after Hyun Su gave you that nice hug.” He patted Hyun Su’s head affectionately.

“He only hugged me because you made him.” Woohyun frowned.

“H-How’d you know?” Sunggyu gasped.

“They were filming you bribing Hyun Su.” Woohyun gave him a dry look.

“Oh…” Sunggyu looked away, embarrassed.

“…Sorry I’m not mad at you or anything.” Woohyun explained, his expression softening. “I was just kind of…I mean I want Hyun Su to like me too.”

Sunggyu nodded. “He will…I think he’s just shy around new people. Once he gets to know you…” Sunggyu paused, realizing he didn’t know Woohyun that well either. He wondered why he was able to talk so freely with him, since he was usually pretty shy with strangers. He even remembered the way he argued with Woohyun in the storage closet after the studio filming. “Maybe it’s because he’s younger…?” Sunggyu was so deep in thought that he didn’t even notice Woohyun smiling at him.

“Sunggyu hyung…”

“Hm?”

“Ah…never mind it’s nothing~” Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck bashfully.

Sunggyu tilted his head in confusion, “What?” He asked. “What is it?”

“I said it’s nothing~”

“That’s just annoying. If you’re going to say something, say it already.” Sunggyu sighed, scooping up a spoonful of rice and feeding it to Hyun Su.

“Well…” Woohyun played with his sleeves. “I was just thinking...that I knew I was right”

“About what?”

“About you…” Woohyun replied. “I always knew those tabloids were lying.”

Sunggyu looked up at him, surprised. “You…knew about those?”

“Oh well…kind of.” Woohyun lied. “I mean, it wasn’t like I read them just for you or anything! I just like to keep up on current events…and stuff.”

“Oh…” Sunggyu nodded. “But…you really don’t think I did those things?”

“Of course not! How could you get over a hundred girls pregnant? That’s just crazy.”

“Right?” Sunggyu nodded, glad to have someone on his side. “How can they even think—?”

“I mean if it was someone like me, than I wound understand. But there’s no way someone like you could get over a hundred girls pregnant.”

Sunggyu paused. “Uh…what?”

“Well let’s not talk about that anymore, we don’t want to corrupt Hyun Su’s innocent ears.”

Sunggyu eyed him suspiciously, but agreed to drop the subject, just as a cameraman walked up to them. Woohyun waved to the camera, and immediately the aegyo.

Sunggyu on the other hand, nodded at the camera awkwardly then went back to feeding Hyun Su his lunch. He glanced at Woohyun momentarily before getting an idea. “Here Woohyun, why don’t you feed him?” He offered, handing Woohyun Hyun’s Su’s lunch box.

Woohyun blinked for a moment before nodding happily, and moving to sit on Hyun Su’s other side. “Here Hyun Su…say ahh~” He grabbed his chopsticks and picked out a carrot slice, sticking it in front of the boy. Hyun Su made a sour face and turned away from the offending vegetable. “What’s wrong Hyun Su?” Woohyun asked. “Do you not like carrots?”

Hyun Su nodded, folding his arms. “Don’t like.”

“You shouldn’t be picky like that.” Sunggyu told him. “Eat your carrots Hyun Su.”

“But…I don’t want to!” Hyun Su pouted.

“I have an idea.” Woohyun announced. “If I can make something tasty with carrots will you eat it Hyun Su?”

Hyun Su looked at him for a moment. “Tasty?”

“Your appa’s a really good cook you know?” Woohyun grinned, Hyun Su’s hair.

“You better not say things like that…” Sunggyu warned.

“Why?”

“Because then they’ll use that for the show and invade your house, and make you cook for an episode or something...”

Woohyun laughed it off, glancing at the camera. “Yeah right! Good one hyung!”

++

The next morning, Woohyun groaned, covering his ears with his pillow trying to ignore the sound of his phone's ring tone, an upbeat dance song. “He reached over to his nightstand and grabbed his phone.

“What?” Woohyun mumbled sleepily in to the device.

“Ya! Get up right now!” Man Suk shouted.

“…Why?”

“Because the Babysitting with the Stars crew is coming over to your house in half an hour!”

Woohyun chuckled softly, not really registering what his manager had told him. “That’s funny…I thought you said—.”

“I did!” Man Suk yelled. “Get up! Get ready!”

“Wait you’re serious?!” Woohyun gasped, glancing at the digital clock on his night stand. “All of them?! Even Sunggyu hyung and Hyun Su?!”

“Yes! Everyone!” Man Suk groaned. “Get the house ready!”

“But why is this happening?!”

“Because you had to be an idiot and open your big mouth!” Man Suk complained. “Saying that you’d cook a three course meal for Hyun Su!”

“I-I didn’t say that! I just said I’d make him something with carrots!”

“Well whatever you said! The writers thought it was a good idea, so they asked me if they could come over to your house.”

“Why’d you say yes?!”

“How the hell could I say no?!”

“Aish fine whatever!” Woohyun grumbled and hung up. He rushed out of his room to see Dongwoo dancing in the living room with his headphones on, and Sungyeol creating some kind of concoction in the kitchen. “You guys!” Woohyun shouted, ripping Dongwoo’s headphones off.

“You scared me!” Dongwoo stared at him wide eyed.

“We have to clean this place up!” Woohyun demanded. “Like right now!”

Dongwoo looked around. “But it’s pretty clean already.”

“It’s not good enough!” Woohyun whined, and then headed for the kitchen. “What’re you doing?!”

Sungyeol looked up, immediately, attempting to hide whatever he was working on behind his back. “O-Oh Woohyun hyung! I thought you’d be sleeping for at least another hour!”

“Sungyeol we have to clean up! So put all that away!”

“Why?”

“Because they’re coming!” Woohyun shouted on his way to the bathroom.

“Who’s coming?!” Sungyeol asked, and then turned to Dongwoo with a horrified expression. “Oh my god…I know who it is!”

“Who?” Dongwoo blinked.

“Who else?! It’s the cops! Woohyun hyung’s probably their number one suspect and they’re coming to search the house for Kim Sunggyu’s dead body!”

“What?!” Dongwoo gasped. “There’s a dead body here?! just got real!”

-----------------------------------------------

You guys are so funny, saying Hyun Su thinks Woohyun's the umma. The truth is he just doesn't like Woohyun XD

Thanks for the comments and for subscribing <3