New 'family member'

Babysitting with the Stars

When Sunggyu got out of the bathroom, he could hear some chattering coming from outside. Most likely from either the living room or the kitchen he figured. He cocked an eyebrow, and grabbed the nearest item he could use for protection in case it was a thief—the rather large tube of lube he kept hidden under the bed. And no, Woohyun didn’t know about his secret stash.

He hesitantly opened the bedroom door, and heard a small voice speaking.

“Dunno…appas are always in their bedroom with the door locked.”

Sunggyu immediately rushed to the scene to see the director and Hyun Su sitting next to each other at the kitchen table, engaged in a casual conversation.

“W-What…?” Sunggyu blinked.

“What do you have there?” The director smirked and gestured to the lube. Sunggyu immediately blushed and hid it behind his back.

“Uh n-nothing…but what are you two…? I mean how’d you get in?”

“Hyun Su let me in.” The director patted Hyun Su on the head.

“Y-You were awake, Hyun Su?” Sunggyu gasped.

Hyun Su nodded. “Appas always make weird noises in their room at night when they think I’m asleep.”

Sunggyu bit his lip and averted his eyes. “W-What’re you talking about?” He quickly turned to the director and attempted to laugh it off. “Kids, huh?”

The director smirked, but didn’t dwell on it. “So where’s Woohyun?”

“He’s in the bathroom.” Sunggyu replied.

“Oh, well I guess I should wait until he’s done. Besides what I have to say concerns both of you.”

“But where’s the crew?” Sunggyu asked. “I thought they were all coming…”

“They’ll be here soon, but I wanted talk to you guys alone first.”

++

“Director-nim!” Woohyun greeted, as he stepped into the kitchen. “Hm? Where’s everyone else? The camera men and the crew?”

“Sit down Woohyun-ah.” The director sighed solemnly, and gestured to the seat across from him beside Sunggyu. Woohyun nervously glanced at Sunggyu, hoping for some kind of answers, but his boyfriend merely shrugged in response.

“What’s wrong?” Woohyun asked.

“Well kids…I’ve got some bad news.” The director began.

“What?” Woohyun panicked. “Is the show being canceled? Am I being fired?”

“No, it’s nothing like that.” The director shook his head. “Actually the show’s doing great. Ratings are through the roof…”

“Then what’s wrong?” Sunggyu asked.

“Well remember when you asked how we could afford to pay rent for all the pairings to live in this apartment building? And I told you we know a guy?”

“Yeah…?” Sunggyu nodded skeptically.

“Well, the guy we know is the owner of the building, and he let us stay here if we do him a favor.” The director nervously the stubble on his chin.

“What kind of favor?”

“You see the thing is…he has a daughter who wants to get into the celebrity business.”

“Ok…?”

“And we kind of promised the owner that if the show did well, we’d put his daughter in it. You know in exchange for free rent?”

“But I don’t understand…” Woohyun blinked. “Are you going to form a new pairing or—?

“She’s going to stay with you guys.” The director explained. “Since you’re both guys…the writers wanted to try a love triangle type thing…”

“…What?” Sunggyu frowned. “But then what was all that stuff about being a namja couple and fan service?”

“That was my idea.” The director folded his arms. “But apparently the higher ups are starting to feel uneasy about it…claiming its promoting homouality or something…”

Woohyun bit his lip and averted his gaze. Sunggyu subtly eyed him from the corner of his eye before returning his gaze on the director.

“But won’t it be uncomfortable for Hyun Su? He only just got used to being with the two of us…and if you bring in another person…”

“I know.” The director sighed and massaged his temples. “I tried to tell them it was a bad idea, but we won’t be able to use the apartments anymore if we don’t let her stay with you guys.”

“B-But isn’t this great?” Woohyun suddenly piped up with a forced smile. “I-I mean it’ll be nice to finally have girl! I’m so sick of this house just filled with men! Isn’t that right Hyun Su? You’ll finally have a real umma!”

Hyun Su looked up with a dull expression. “But I already have appa and ahjussi.”

“Yeah, but now you’ll have a mom.”

“No…” Hyun Su pouted and shook his head. “I don’t want that…I just want Gyu appa and gross ahjussi.” Sunggyu smiled sadly and looked down, while Woohyun continued with his forced enthusiasm.

“N-No but Hyun Su—.”

“You don’t have to pretend.” The director interrupted, causing Woohyun and Sunggyu to look at him.

Woohyun looked away nervously. “W-What are you—?”

“It’s ok.” The director smiled and patted Woohyun on the shoulder. “I already know.”

“Huh? Know what?” Woohyun stuttered, anxiously. “T-There’s nothing to—.”

“Yah, I’m not an idiot.” The director sighed. “I know the two of you are—.”

“We’re not!” Woohyun blurted out. “W-We’re not anything…nothing happened! We’re just good friends! I swear—!”

“Hm…really?” The director eyed them. “Because I don’t think friends usually give each other hickeys.” Sunggyu and Woohyun immediately covered their necks in synch, causing the director to burst out laughing. “Actually I was kidding about the hickeys, but I think I just proved my point.”

Woohyun whined helplessly as his eyes darted to and fro. “D-Director-nim, w-we—.”

“It’s ok. Calm down. I won’t tell anyone.” The director smiled softly.

“But…how’d you find out?” Sunggyu asked quietly. “When…?”

“Well remember when we filmed the first episode in the studio, where everyone was choosing partners?” The director grinned.

“Uh yeah…” Sunggyu blinked. “But that time, we didn’t even—.”

“There was just something about the way the two of you looked at each other…it reminded me of how me and my wife used to be when we first met…”

“But that time, actually we kind of hated each other.” Woohyun admitted.

“Oh I know.” The director answered in a casual tone.

“You knew?”

“I’ve been in this business for a while kid. I can tell when someone’s being fake or not.” The director sighed. “So after that, I observed the two of you a lot, and I couldn’t help but think that you guys would make a really good couple.”

“What? So you mean that whole thing about the namja couple…”

“No, that was all true. Namja couples really are popular these days. But also there might have been a little part of me that was maybe trying to set you guys up.”

“I-I don’t even…” Woohyun shook his head. “But we’re both guys…doesn’t that bother you?”

“Like I said I’ve been in this business so long, and let me tell you. I’ve seen it all. Nothing really surprises or bothers me anymore. And besides I like to think I’m a person that doesn’t really see race or gender or uality or anything like that…everyone’s just like a round gray blob in my mind.” The director shrugged. “Ah! Except for my lovely adorable little daughter. She’s the only rainbow colored blob in a world full of gray~”

“D-Director-nim…” Woohyun was on the verge of tears. “Y-You’re such a great person!”

“Ok, ok.” The director laughed. “Ah, but you know you’re going to have it tough from now on…are you going to be able to hide this? I mean you’ll have someone else living with you, so you’re going to have to control yourself…both of you.” The director commented, mostly eyeing Woohyun.

“What?” Woohyun pouted. “Why are you looking at me?”

“I don’t know…you just seem like someone who wouldn’t have much self control.”

“Director-nim!” Woohyun whined. “Why does everyone think that? When hyung’s the one who—.”

“Ok, I think we’re done with this conversation!” Sunggyu quickly clamped a hand over Woohyun’s mouth.

“Appa…” Hyun Su blinked.

“Hm?”

“What’s a hickey?”

“Uh…”

Suddenly there was a knock on the front door.

“Oh that must be the crew!” The director exclaimed as all three men rushed to the front door, successfully avoiding Hyun Su’s question.

++

“So how’re the two of you feeling about having a lady coming?” The MC asked Woohyun and Sunggyu, as they, along with Hyun Su stood in the living room, with the cameras filming them. “Its exciting isn’t it?” The MC grinned and nudged Woohyun.

“Of course!” Woohyun lied with a bright smile.

“Ooh here she comes~” The MC announced as the front door opened.

She was a young twenty-something girl, with shoulder length light brown wavy hair, and wore a short pink dress, and heels.

“Ok! So this is our lovely lady, Park Minjung!” the MC ushered her over to stand next to him.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Minjung sent the three men a polite smile.

“So Minjung-sshi, we heard you were a big fan of one of these two here?” The MC gestured to Sunggyu and Woohyun, who merely exchanged confused glances.

“It’s probably hyung.” Woohyun grinned.

“A-Actually,” Minjung piped up, in a shy manner as she glanced at Woohyun. “I’m your fan.”

“Mine?” Woohyun blinked.

“Well would you look at that!” The MC pulled Woohyun to stand on the other side next to Minjung, leaving a lonely hamster standing by himself on the other side.

Sunggyu watched the MC try to make a couple out of the two, hardly bothering to hide his annoyance. He didn’t really care about what the MC was saying. Instead his eyes zoomed in on Minjung’s hand which somehow managed to sneak onto Woohyun’s arm.

Sunggyu didn’t like it. He didn’t like it at all. That arm belonged to him and only him. No one else was allowed to hold Woohyun’s arm like that, but him.

“Aigoo,” The MC turned to Sunggyu. “Looks like someone’s jealous~”

Sunggyu quickly snapped out of it, concerned that he was caught.

“Minjung-sshi’s going to make all the fans jealous, with these two fighting over her~” The MC joked to the camera. Sunggyu let out a sigh, realizing there was no way they could think that he could be jealous of Minjung.

Suddenly Hyun Su wedged himself in between Woohyun and Minjung and grabbed onto Woohyun’s arm. He then proceeded to pull Woohyun to stand on the MC’s other side next to Sunggyu.

“Hyun Su what’re you doing?” Woohyun asked.

“Go away.” Hyun Su glared at Minjung.

“Omo, what’s this?” The MC glanced from Hyun Su to Minjung.

Minjung laughed uncomfortably. “H-Hyun Su…I’m your new umma—“

“No you’re not!” Hyun Su interrupted. “Go away! I don’t need an umma! I already have Gyu appa and gross ahjussi!”

“B-But—.”

“A-And gross ahjussi already belongs to me and Gyu appa! You can’t touch him!” Hyun Su exclaimed, and possessively held onto Woohyun’s arm.

Sunggyu struggled to fight the amused smile forming on his lips, while Woohyun just seemed genuinely shocked. He honestly kind of wanted to cry from happiness. It was the first time Hyun Su had included Woohyun in with himself and Sunggyu.

“Ooh seems like Hyun Su is very protective of his current family.” The MC noted, and then turned to Minjung. “What will you do Minjung-sshi?” Minjung was kind of lost and didn’t know how to react.

Feeling the awkward atmosphere, Woohyun figured he should speak up. “Actually, Hyun Su was like that with me in the beginning too.” He explained. “He just takes time to adjust to new people.”

“Maybe you shouldn’t be so close to Woohyun?” Sunggyu suggested, even though it was mostly for his own selfish reasons. “Since he seems to be getting jealous over that.”

++

That evening was very uncomfortable, as the three along with their new ‘family member’ sat down for dinner.

“I read on your profile, that you like someone who eats the food you cook deliciously.” Minjung said to Woohyun, as the latter placed the side dishes down on the table.

“Oh…uh, yeah.” Woohyun nodded, stealing a side glance at Sunggyu before sitting down beside the elder.

“Ah, I never told you before.” Minjung piped up. “But I’m your noona. So call me noona, ok Woohyun-ah?”

Sunggyu scoffed as he stuffed his face with food. Woohyun eyed him once more, before smiling awkwardly at Minjung.

“Ok.” He nodded.

“I heard your ideal type is someone older so—.”

“C-Can we talk about something else now?” Woohyun interrupted. He could practically feel the annoyance surging inside Sunggyu.

“Ah can I call you that?” Minjung giggled, clearly not picking up on the scary vibes situating the room. “Woohyun-ah?”

“Don’t call him anything.” Hyun Su threatened from his spot beside Minjung. He appeared to be possessed by something very evil, as he glared daggers at Minjung.

“Uh…” Woohyun glanced from the grumpy hamster to the devil child nervously.

All he could think was that life was going to be very troublesome from now on. But nevertheless no one ever said a gross ahjussi’s job would be easy. First to take care of Sunggyu, he decided.

“Excuse me noona. Can you take care of Hyun Su for a moment?” Woohyun asked, and then grabbed onto Sunggyu’s arm and pulled him up. “I just need to talk with hyung.” Woohyun told Minjung, before dragging Sunggyu off into the bedroom.

“What’re you doing?” Sunggyu frowned, as Woohyun shut the door and locked it.

“Hyung…” Woohyun immediately cupped Sunggyu’s cheeks and kissed him softly. “Don’t be jealous ok?”

“I-I’m not jealous.” Sunggyu retorted.

“Don’t lie hyung~” Woohyun whispered, with a grin.

“No, I’m serious.” Sunggyu sighed. “I mean before I kind of was…but after Hyun Su had that meltdown, it made me realize that it was pretty childish to get jealous.”

Woohyun pouted. “Oh…” Some part of him kind of wished Sunggyu was actually jealous. “But then why’d you seem so grumpy just now?”

“Because, it’s all weird now. It doesn’t feel comfortable like it did with just the three of us.” Sunggyu explained.

“Yeah…” Woohyun nodded, but then thought of something. “Wait, you said that it’s childish to get jealous?”

“Yeah, so?”

“Uh…” Woohyun bit his lip and looked away. “N-Never mind…”

“Yah, I don’t mind if you get jealous.” Sunggyu grinned, reading Woohyun’s mind. He leaned in to give his boyfriend a peck on the cheek. “It’s cute when you get jealous.”

Woohyun looked up at Sunggyu. “But I think it would be cute if hyung got jealous.”

“Yeah, but I don’t want to be cute.” Sunggyu frowned.

“But you already are though.” Woohyun stated, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“N-No I’m not.” Sunggyu blushed.

“Yes you are.” Woohyun grinned.

“Yah, dummy I’m not—.” They were interrupted by a shriek coming from the kitchen. They quickly rushed to the scene to see Minjung cornered on the floor in the kitchen, with Hyun Su aiming a knife at her.

“Hyun Su!” Sunggyu gasped, as they rushed up to the child. “Where’d you get that knife from?”

“I don’t like her appa!” Hyun Su announced.

“Yah!” Sunggyu hissed. “Just because you don’t like someone doesn’t mean its ok to aim a knife at them!”

“B-But…!” Hyun Su pouted, looking down.

“Hyun Su, how about you give the knife to appa, and we’ll go watch your favorite drama?” Woohyun suggested.

“Mmm…” Hyun Su pondered this for a moment.

“Yah! You better hand over that knife right now, or no dessert!” Sunggyu demanded, while Woohyun kneeled down to be eye level with the youngster. He held out his hand to receive the knife. Hyun Su pouted and handed the knife to Woohyun.

“Hyun Su-yah…that’s really dangerous you know?” Woohyun told him. “If you had hurt someone Gyu appa would be really sad.”

“W-What about ahjussi?” Hyun Su murmured.

“You wouldn’t even get to see ahjussi because you’d be in jail.” Sunggyu commented.

“No!” Hyun Su gasped with wide eyes.

“Yeah, that’s right.” Sunggyu nodded. “So don’t ever do it again ok?”

Hyun Su nodded still slightly in shock. “Good now off you go.” Woohyun nudged the boy, and off he ran into the living room to watch television.

“Are you ok?” Woohyun asked Minjung.

“Y-Yeah….” Minjung nodded and stood up. “But you two…”

“Hm?”

“You really seem like real parents.”