Chanyeol wants a puppy

Can't choose your family

 

“Umma, I want a puppy.” Chanyeol was tugging onto Kyungsoo’s leg, making it very hard for him to stand still.

He sighed, shaking his head. “We already talked about that, sweetie. We can’t have a puppy.” He gave his son the best smile he could, considering the fact that he was holding Kai in his arms, and the latter was getting hungry. He prayed he’ll be able to feed him quick enough for him not to cry, but he couldn’t do it while Chanyeol was still hanging onto him.

“But why not?” Chanyeol looked up at him, hugging his leg with all his force. For a five-years-old, he was rather tall, which made Kyungsoo wonder who he got it from, since neither he nor Suho were tall. Maybe it was Suho’s father.

“We have enough mouths to feed as it is,” he said, rocking Kai in hope he would be relaxed enough until he got to his room. “We can’t afford adopting a puppy, too.”

“But you adopted Chen hyung.” Chanyeol insisted. “Why is it okay to adopt a kid and not a puppy?”

Kyungsoo was getting slightly irritated by the minute, and it didn’t help that soon enough Kai was starting to whine. As always, his cries made Sehun- though he was at the other side of the house- to cry as well, making it very hard for Kyungsoo to keep the conversation with Chanyeol. “Honey, go to play with Baekhyunie, we’ll talk about it later.” He patted Chanyeol’s head and hurried over to Sehun’s bed to pick him up.

When Chanyeol and Baekhyun were born, he did his best to never feed them at the same time, knowing how painful it would be. But Kai and Sehun was practically linked by their stomach, or anything else, really. Whenever one of them was hungry, so was the other one, and every time one cried the other one did too.

Finally letting go of his mother’s leg, Chanyeol ran to his shared room with his twin, leaving Kyungsoo to take both of his baby twins in his arms and rock them until they calmed slightly, then took them back to his room to feed them. It was torture to -feed both of them at the same time, but he had no other choice.

He did his best to ignore the weird sounds coming out of the other room, wondering if maybe Baekhyun was watching TV or dancing to SNSD songs again. He hoped it was the case.

“Honey, I’m home~” Suho called as he entered the house. “Kyungsoo?”

“In here.” Kyungsoo called, sighing as Sehun let go of his . “Take Sehunnie back to his bed?” he asked with a smile as Suho entered the room. Suho took the toddler and leaned to give Kyungsoo a small peck on his lips.

“He’s eating a lot.” He commented, pointing at Kai while rocking Sehun and giving him butterfly kisses.

Kyungsoo sighed. “Yeah.” Kais hands were grabbing his other - the one Sehun just let go of- while his mouth still worked on his . “I wonder if I should be worried about that. None of the others on me so much when I fed them.”

Suho shook his head. “Probably just bigger stomach. He’s a growing boy, I’m sure it’s fine.”

Kyungsoo nodded, leaning to kiss Kai’s head. “Guess you’re right.”

“Where’s Xiumin and Chen?” Suho asked as he made faces to Sehun who tried smacking his face.

“Kris’s. Xiumin and Luhan are doing their homework together, and Chen… I don’t know, he said something about teaching Lay how to dance, but I guess he meant the other way around. I hope they’re not making any trouble, though.”

“I’m sure Kris can handle them.” Suho snickered. “Well, I’ll go put Sehun down, I think he’s getting tired. And I should check on the twins, too. I heard barking from their room… should see what it’s all about.”

Kyungsoo nodded. “Yeah, thanks.” Kai was finally done with his eating, looking up at his mother with the most adorable face. Kyungsoo cooed him, not bothered by the pain anymore as he hugged and kissed the toddler.

“KIM CHANYEOL WHAT ARE YOU DOING.”

Kyungsoo sighed as he got up, rolling his eyes. “Let’s go see what your brother did this time.” He told Kai, who giggled and clapped his hands.

When Kyungsoo entered the room, he was shocked to see Baekhyun on the floor, a shirt around his throat and another shirt tied to it that Chanyeol was holding. He was barking, half laughing, sticking his tongue out. “What.” Was all that he could say, eyes almost popping out of his head with shock.

“You said I couldn’t have a puppy.” Chanyeol said innocently, his smile bright and big as always. “But I wanted one. So I transformed Baekhyunnie to a puppy~”

Baekhyun barked to prove his point.

Suho and Kyungsoo exchanged glances, Suho pulling Baekhyun back to his feet and taking off the pretend-collar. “No one is transforming anyone to anything.” He said firmly. “Yeolie, please don’t ever make you brother do something like that. It’s not nice.”

Chanyeol pouted, hanging onto Suho’s leg. “But daddy~ I want to have a puppy!”

Suho sighed. “Fine. I’ll get you a puppy as soon as I can.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol exchanged smiled, high-fiving each other and running to hug their father.

Kyungsoo sighed, already feeling the headache reaching up his temples. As if the house wasn’t already too noisy with six kids. And now a puppy too. Why.